Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-09-2009   #1
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Watchdog - PS3 YLOD episode discussion

Did you guys manage to watch the YLOD episode on Watchdog? Basically they went out and fixed a bunch of PS3s which were supposed to have the YLOD issue. How they did it? took out the circuit board, or the motherboard, kept it in an oven and heated it... reason, the oven heating would melt any loose solder joints and get back the connections properly...

Basically, a bunch of crap i feel...

Youtube link
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Well the YLOD is real, but I think the whole idea is to profit off Sony's problems so they will
drum up lots more criticism than necessary.

It is interesting to see that the X-rays deem the problem to be some gas pockets, having
the systems die right after the non-sony repair guys work on it however makes me wonder.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Lol way to go on making a big deal out of nothing. Im just wondering if thats on a main channel with a quality budget? Or was it on a channel no one really cares about? Even G4 has better done shows like that lol, just talking about the editing and filming of it...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #4
1337 Sauce
It's a BBC show, but dunno whether BBC profits from it... UK guys can give a better picture on the cred of the show...
Old 18-09-2009   #5
1337 Sauce
oh, and here is Sony's reply in a letter to Watchdog... It's too long to actually read thro, people with patience, please tell me what has been said :)

http://www.gmrfm.com/home/2009/9/17/sonys-letter-to-bbcs-watchdog.html
Old 18-09-2009   #6
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Lol way to go on making a big deal out of nothing. Im just wondering if thats on a main channel with a quality budget? Or was it on a channel no one really cares about? Even G4 has better done shows like that lol, just talking about the editing and filming of it...
BBC1 the most major (and considered credible) channel in UK. It was the first channel ever available, and is available to pretty much everyone. Unique thing about BBC for UK is that it has no commercials, because we have to pay a license fee of over ?100 a year (each household).
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #7
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
BBC1 the most major (and considered credible) channel in UK. It was the first channel ever available, and is available to pretty much everyone. Unique thing about BBC for UK is that it has no commercials, because we have to pay a license fee of over ?100 a year (each household).
However if you are a student and signed for a room, you must get one for your room alone. Therefore every student in Halls or Dorms must pay the fee.

Edit: Oh and it's kinda fair they went after Sony now, they've gone after Microsoft twice with the RROD
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
That license fee does go a long way, after all they pay for the budgets for shows like Top Gear (although that does play on BBC Two and in Canada when it plays on BBC Canada, it's edited so they can still slot in commercials, same goes for any other BBC programming and considering cable here is over $50 a month we pay for it over and over again), but I'm getting off topic). Anyway, well if they did it for Microsoft they obviously then need to go after Sony. But unlike Microsoft, Sony has open admitted the problem exists and hasn't hid how many consoles fail, a whopping 1 percent, so out of the approximately 24.6 million consoles sold as of August 5, 2009 it affects approximately 246,000 consoles worldwide, that's less than the population of most major cities in the U.S and they still think they need to raise a stink about it, just sickening. Now if only I could get the actual BBC channels over here, instead of the BBC World News Channel and BBC Canada back home (since BBC Canada absolutely sucks at actually playing new episodes, in the entire time I've been watching Top Gear they have only played episodes from Season 3, 10 (mainly because it was released on DVD here), 11, 12, and 13.
Old 18-09-2009   #9
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
That license fee does go a long way, after all they pay for the budgets for shows like Top Gear (although that does play on BBC Two and in Canada when it plays on BBC Canada, it's edited so they can still slot in commercials, same goes for any other BBC programming and considering cable here is over $50 a month we pay for it over and over again), but I'm getting off topic). Anyway, well if they did it for Microsoft they obviously then need to go after Sony. But unlike Microsoft, Sony has open admitted the problem exists and hasn't hid how many consoles fail, a whopping 1 percent, so out of the approximately 24.6 million consoles sold as of August 5, 2009 it affects approximately 246,000 consoles worldwide, that's less than the population of most major cities in the U.S and they still think they need to raise a stink about it, just sickening. Now if only I could get the actual BBC channels over here, instead of the BBC World News Channel and BBC Canada back home (since BBC Canada absolutely sucks at actually playing new episodes, in the entire time I've been watching Top Gear they have only played episodes from Season 3, 10 (mainly because it was released on DVD here), 11, 12, and 13.
As far as I'm concerned, the BBC only puts out 3 great shows (Top Gear, Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, and Mock the Week), everything else is just mediocre. Top Gear is by far their most popular show, something like 350 million viewers worldwide!
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009   #10
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I was just sayin because it was like an attempt at "60 Minutes" or whatever its called. I know the guy that uploaded it to youtube edited it to only show the PS3 stuff, but it all just didnt feel right at all to me.

As for this, all I have to say about it is Sony releases their numbers of failure rates publicly. Microsoft tried to hide it for as long as possible (and we still dont know the official status of it) and even then it kept climbing because people suddenly had a warrenty to use. It electronics, not EVERY one is going to be perfect. However knowingly releasing a console that is breaking in your testing stage is differnt from natural consoles breaking here and there.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #11
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Jamie_Shankill
I had the ylod 3 times already watchdog was doing slander to ps3 because watchdog kept saying not to buy ps3 coz of ylod but what about the xbox red ring off death.
Oh and to fix the ylod you need thermal paste and a heat gun but its only a temp fix
J-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Matt View Post
I had the ylod 3 times already watchdog was doing slander to ps3 because watchdog kept saying not to buy ps3 coz of ylod but what about the xbox red ring off death.
Oh and to fix the ylod you need thermal paste and a heat gun but its only a temp fix
yeah, people still buy the 360 even with the RROD and most don't have a problem with it and it's way more common than the yellow light
Old 07-10-2009   #13
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Jamie_Shankill
your right about that i had xbox360 when ps3 wasn't out its not that gr8 more problems than ps3 but my ps3 is still living the 4th time running i might just buy a 250gb slim if this keeps going lol
J-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote