Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-10-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
OMFG The media in this industry is just so F&*$ing stupid.

I was roaming the internet at work and came across 2 reviews that have peeked my intrest

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=10364

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=10562

GT is going to just sit there and critisize Uncharted 2 for not being "free roaming and only "polishing 10yrs done before game development". Then give Uncharted an 8.9 on game design. Not only that, GT is going to praise ODST on it's expanding gameplay and new twist of being a non-spartan and give ODST 9.2 on game design. Overall UC II did beat ODST by .4 points but seriously I haven't played UC II but UC I is better than ODST (IMO)...Only HALO CE did anything for gaming there rest have only continued the story. Kinda like the Matrix.

Sure Bungie made some Map Packs for multiplayer along the way but who really cares. I can't believe I actually go to this website and some-what support it. This just ****es me off so much I am sitting here at work writting about it. Plus I can't get all of my thoughts out. The level of bias-ness and stupidity in the video gaming media just never ceases to amaze me. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

An 8.9 on game design....Really.....

Last edited by glen421; 06-10-2009 at 04:44 PM..
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #2
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Supra9_
I agree, the whole playing favorites is really getting annoying. The fact that it screws good upcoming series like Uncharted, from getting the credit it deserves just bothers me.
Supra9_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
My Halo friend was saying how great ODST was, until he beat it. Said the game isnt worth 60 dollars at all and was a rip off that it wasnt just an expansion to Halo 3. I mean come on a 4 hour campeign and the game almost gets a 9? I know halo already lacks in the SP department, but 4 hours? It should of defently been an expansion.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well it suits the typical bias of a lot of websites, vote down the competition or run articles all the time about the competition, a lot of technology websites run like that, talk all about Apple and when Microsoft does something, slam them. Or maybe they just wanted to stand out, increase their website traffic because of everyone hears they gave it an 8.9 they will then go to their website to see why.
Old 06-10-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
My Halo friend was saying how great ODST was, until he beat it. Said the game isnt worth 60 dollars at all and was a rip off that it wasnt just an expansion to Halo 3. I mean come on a 4 hour campeign and the game almost gets a 9? I know halo already lacks in the SP department, but 4 hours? It should of defently been an expansion.
that's what a lot of people say about that game that the campaign is way too short
Old 06-10-2009   #6
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Well, the thing you gotta remember too is that there are multiple reviewers working for the same site. Just because one reviewer gave U2 an 8.9 for game design, that doesn't mean it's comparable to the other reviewer that gave Halo a 9.2. Different people have different opinions, especially on something as subjective as 'game design'.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I guess what Nick says is true as well, different people do have different opinions
Old 07-10-2009   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Nick does bring up a very interesting point but on these articles it doesn't tell you who wrote the review or who is narrorating the video review. So, there is no way to tell what the reviewer's history/prefrences are. At least with this site (PCN) and many others, we kinda know what the reviewer may like and dislike due his or her previous reviews.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote