Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Should MGS Rising be a multi-platform
No, should be PS3 exclusive 7 53.85%
Yes 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-06-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Should MGS Rising be multi-platform

When i heard that MGS Rising was a multi-platformer, i was pretty dumbfounded. I was also dumbfounded when i found out Hideo Kojima isnt working on the project, because if hes not working on it it might be as great as MGS4 which got a ten out of ten rating on ign. So i just wanna know what you guys think.

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Kojima is supsedly trying to hold back, but will more than likely drag himself into the project.

From an certain perspective this doesn't make entire sense to me. What if you only owned a 360 and never knew about MGS4 on PS3, hard to believe i know but think about it. Rising is Raidens story, its going to base some stuff off of MGS4 happenings and possibly link to MGS3, both of which never hit Xbox. How will you make that connection?

To me this game shouldn't have SOLID in its name. It in no way involves Snake, its another story, and its not even espionage action. It should purely be Metal Gear Rising. I have no problem with it being multi as long as we still get the game and we dont get shafted with a poor port.

However its starring Raiden...I dont care how badass he looked in MGS4. Its still Raiden.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #3
PCN Addict
Yea the only thing is with multi-platform it might not be as great, unless they take a long time to make the game like they did for mgs4 which was about 4 or 5 years i think. I have a question do you know if they are using the same engine as they did for mgs4

Old 16-06-2009   #4
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
However its starring Raiden...I dont care how badass he looked in MGS4. Its still Raiden.
Come on Dusty, he got limbs cut off man, cut him some slack. ;)

Haha get it?

True dat though, no matter how cool they want to make him, he was the coolest in MGS2, and got progressively worse in MGS4.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #5
SuperStaff
@Trediddy No they completely dumped the MGS4 engine to build a new engine that is compatible with 360 since the MGS4 engine was built for PS3. They "promise" it will look better though, being its sword fightin i dont doubt it. Ninja Gaiden looks amazing, but plays like crap too.

@Tonzie, only girls call me that name! lol Nice joke too.
Old 16-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
From a fan perspective, no, from a business perspective, yes
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #7
PCN Addict
On the video at the end it has raiden then on the side it says lightning bolt action does that mean he may have lightning or something. I was thinking about this question how will xbox users be able to understand the story if it ties in with mgs4 or mgs3. and how will they understand the characters if there are some of the same characters

Old 16-06-2009   #8
SuperStaff
Its going to be sword fighting, thats what lightning bolt action is refering too. As for the story im sure it will develope some back story to it, but by no means will 360 fans completely understand whats going on if it relates to MGS4 or MGS3, even MGS1. In MGS4 for example, the Shadow moses level was AMAZING because we all played MGS1 before, it wouldnt be as amazing if it were on 360. Plus every single boss in MGS4 refers to MGS1, again something that 360 fans would not pick up on.
Old 16-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Kojima is supsedly trying to hold back, but will more than likely drag himself into the project.

From an certain perspective this doesn't make entire sense to me. What if you only owned a 360 and never knew about MGS4 on PS3, hard to believe i know but think about it. Rising is Raidens story, its going to base some stuff off of MGS4 happenings and possibly link to MGS3, both of which never hit Xbox. How will you make that connection?

To me this game shouldn't have SOLID in its name. It in no way involves Snake, its another story, and its not even espionage action. It should purely be Metal Gear Rising. I have no problem with it being multi as long as we still get the game and we dont get shafted with a poor port.

from what it sounded like is that Kojima was going to spend alot more time on Peach Walker than he was Rising. and i agree it should be called Metal Gear Rising not Solid: Rising.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #10
PCN Addict
Yea me to. Why did call it peach walker

Old 16-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
lol peace* that was my bad it is not peach it is supposed to be peace
Old 16-06-2009   #12
PCN Addict
oh, cuz i thought you meant that or i didnt know if you just didnt like the game lol

Old 16-06-2009   #13
PCN Master
lol no if i didnt like the game i would have said **** walker cuz i found that funny the first time i heard of it
Old 16-06-2009   #14
PCN Addict
lol really **** walker

Old 16-06-2009   #15
PCN Senior
I dunno why you guys are all so turned about on this issue... remember, RISING was debuted at the MS press conference, with nary a pip from Sony. We only got the confirmation much later.

We should just be grateful that we are getting RISING at all... Why demand PS3 exclusives? We should be demanding for better games, not childish "haves and have nots".
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #16
PCN Master
lol yea i know that but i mean i think this is more about MGS in general not rising that the MGS series should NEVER have gone to 360 in the first place
Old 17-06-2009   #17
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
It should be exclusive to sony. It's better for competition. Competition is what makes developers make good games and companies make good systems. I love competition <3
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #18
PCN Master
eh...any argument of exclusivity stopped with this

Old 17-06-2009   #19
SuperStaff
I believe that port was by a third party within Konami, thus explaining the lack of Kojima's logo on the cover. The title sold like crap, thus MGS3 was exclusive again. That alone should say MGS belongs on the PS3, not Xbox. But hey, Konami is the brother of Square Enix and wants all the money in the world.
Old 17-06-2009   #20
PCN Master
Yea, while the title was not handled by Kojima, I think it serves more to illustrate Konami aren't against making a buck if it comes at the price of loyalty to a consumer base, which
I can't even blame them for since they are in this biz for the $$'s