Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form
 



Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2009   #1
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Formula 1

Now I don't know if anyone has been reading about this or even cares but apparently the NHL isn't the only one with problems to contend with in their own league, now Formula 1 is on the verge of losing 8 teams from the sport including Ferrari, Renault, Mercedes and some other large names mainly due to one thing a budget cap that Max Mosley and Bernie Eccelstone refuse to move on despite several decent proposals by the FOTA which represents the teams that will now quit. More on the whole situation at http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/formul...ory/?id=282267
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009   #2
MOD
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 850
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i absolutley love formula 1 and any other racing sport except nascar. i did hear about this and i think that Max and Bernie are complete idiots and are the worst thing that happened to formula1. if this is true, then formula1 will collapse and this new breakaway series would be an instant success. Ferrari Mercedes and Renault are wwhat makes F1 F1 imo and if the Fia dont fix this then say goodbye
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Personally I can't wait for a breakaway series, especially if it gets a race back into North America since greedy Bernie wasn't happy with the money we were willing to offer. Now all of a sudden he's calling Montreal's mayor to get them on board, why, because the breakaway series would never be allowed to race anywhere F1 races so he wants that sewn up. It's funny too, you go around the Internet and can read almost all the drivers agree with the FOTA and fans from all over all seem to have a consensus, hello breakaway, goodbye Max and Bernie, we will not miss you.
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Wish Canada would do the same and make a breakaway NHL and leave the coyotes alone. (sarcasm)

Anyways im no a fan of F1, but i am a fan of Nascar to an extent. To me it just sucks when things happen like this for the fans. Put all business aspects aside, your there for the FANS and nothing else. Without the fans your nothing. So why do people go against what the fans want? You know there is some kid sitting there excited as hell to see the next F1 race with dad and doesnt know any of this is going on only to be disapointed when it never comes or his favorite driver is no longer racing. Its like that when ever this happens in any sport period.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009   #5
MOD
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 850
PSN ID: sauberbmw
well it was bernie and max that raised the prices for team entries and track entries as well, if the teams do threaten a breakaway and actually start moving forward with it, then one of two things will happen, 90 percent chance that they fire berni and max or 10 percent they go tell the teams to f themselves. if they go with the ten percent chance then say goodbye to fia f1
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well the FIA has the WRC and some smaller series to leach off so they will never die, but F1 would certainly be finished as no one wants to watch a bunch of minor teams relying on one engine racing around, that isn't what F1 was or sort of is today. Actually the funny thing is too, many Canadians proposed a breakaway series and we take the Stanley Cup for it since it does belong to us, not the NHL, since Bettman refuses to allow expansion or moving. Boy, would I love that, get the smaller towns in and show Bettman how to run hockey, we would probably make more than the NHL does now with less teams, we already make up 1/3 of the NHL's profits and we only have 6 teams compared to the US's 24. But the chances of that happening are a million times less than the odds of a new racing series.
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #7
MOD
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 850
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Well F1 is the biggest money maker for the FIA and one of the most watched television sport in the world, The FIA would be very stupid to let them breakaway since they raised track entrances to 30 million dollars and team entrances to 15 million (i think). they also froze engine development, lowered engines to V8's (useless cause the cars are still pushing close to 1000 hp) lowered the rpm from 18K to i think 14K and also limited the amount of fuel used in a single race.

With all these rule changes, the big teams have been very patient with the FIA but i don;t blame them, i mean making the sport competitive is one thing but changing it almost completely, is another thing (KERS). Raising prices and putting unbelievable caps on the teams is just stupid. Bernie and Max are just idiots and were a bad decision by the board to promote as presidents.

If the top teams do go ahead and form a breakaway series then the smaller teams are sure to follow and we could see many tracks included from around the world and not just the 16/18 or so tracks they have each year. Too bad they couldn't name it formula 1 as the FIA has a copyright on that name.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The problem is even a breakaway series will still fall under the jurisdiction of the FIA, at least from what I heard so they aren't getting terribly far ahead. I mean they would lose Bernie, which is desperately needed, but the FIA isn't innocent here either, as long as Max Mosley leads the FIA, they are doomed to failure or the teams work out a way to ditch them all and say, next time, don't be such egotistic, stubborn idiots.
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #9
MOD
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 850
PSN ID: sauberbmw
well the thing is that the FIA owns the titles and sport. if you were to form a breakaway series, you are not necessarily under their control. the thing is about formula1, is it affects other things outside the sport. Code-masters bought the licence to make an F1 game and paid a high price, so did every manufacturer involved in F1.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
At this point it's all speculation as now Mosley is saying they are close to a deal so that the season can continue, although my favorite line from Mosley was "Sign with us now under the current agreement and we'll work out the details later", only a moron would do that considering how much pressure it's taken just to get this far.
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
formula 1 one


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios