Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 04-11-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
to buy it or not to buy it...

Found this ad for the weekend

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...74320090042392

So tempting...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
On a somewhat related note, K-Mart will be running a few deals for video games, one being a 360 bundle for $299 that includes Halo 3: ODST for free and several other games are being discounted to $39.99 like Batman: Arkham Asylum and Dirt 2.

But I can see why that deal is so tempting and if it was available in Canada I would never be able to stop my sister from going to buy it within 5 minutes of knowing it existed, I'm still trying to keep her on the PlayStation side of the console wars and lately some of the recent games and the free online have my argument much easier to prove. For me if it wasn't for the fact the RROD is still a problem I might even consider the console for purchase although the amount of good exclusive games has been rather pathetic, almost as bad as the Wii.
Old 05-11-2009   #3
SuperStaff
Thing is i cant afford anything more, no matter what it comes with haha. And Halo isn't on my list to buy at all, I want Gears and maybe forza 3. I was going to kmart to get dragon age for PS3 too.
Old 05-11-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
It's tempting but the library just isnt there for me to justify buying one at the moment.

When hashing things out, Gears 2, Halo 3 , Banjo Kazooie and SplinterCell are the only
ones that are attracting me, with Uncharted and Gears sharing a basic formula, Halo 3
being an above average FPS and SplinterCell inevitably going multiplat I always end up
thinking myself out of buying one.

That and the thing is about as reliable as a cardboard raft.

Take that $200 and buy GOW3,Demon's Souls,Super Street Fighter IV,Bad Company 2 you will be entertained for months

Last edited by SaintAvi; 05-11-2009 at 06:14 AM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
It's tempting but the library just isnt there for me to justify buying one at the moment.

When hashing things out, Gears 2, Halo 3 , Banjo Kazooie and SplinterCell are the only
ones that are attracting me, with Uncharted and Gears sharing a basic formula, Halo 3
being an above average FPS and SplinterCell inevitably going multiplat I always end up
thinking myself out of buying one.

That and the thing is about as reliable as a cardboard raft.

Take that $200 and buy GOW3,Demon's Souls,Super Street Fighter IV,Bad Company 2 you will be entertained for months
thats the same thing that I feel, sure people may think that the online is "amazing" but I just don't like the library at the moment, the 360 doesn't really have anything that I want that the PS3 doesn't and as u said Saintavi, the 360 is about as reliable as a cradboard raft, which really says something
Old 05-11-2009   #6
SuperStaff
I forgot Live costs money...if i dont find some free live cards i definently wont be buying it now...
Old 05-11-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
thats another reason why u shouldn't get it, lives not worth it, right?
Old 05-11-2009   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
The only reason I would buy it. Is well 2 reasons. #1-I have the original 360 no HDMI output. #2-I have the original 360 which has RROD issues. Already been factory repaired.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #9
SuperStaff
My friend used all his free live cards...think ill just buy NFS shift and dragon age at kmart instead.