Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 12-12-2010   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Insomniac Getting the Shaft Again

Watching the VGA's just completed the shaft once again for Insomniac, probably part of the reason they went multi-platform.

Resistance 3 is big, the fans can't wait, and Insomniac was excited to be a highlight of the show. Then suddenly, last minute change, and ND overshadows them. If its not LBP, its GG, if its not GG, its ND. Not saying Uncharted 3 didn't look good, and im defo excited for it, but it got the better release date in terms of sales (better for fans since its earlier) and the better highlight slot.

Insomniac themselves have been doing all the advertising for R3, and have been pumping this reveal for months, and Sony didn't seem to care at all. Its lame and annoys me on many extents.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Most likely a consequence of them being an independent publisher, while they may have developed games exclusively for Sony, the fact remains, they still have retained their independent status and to Sony I guess that means, if we don't own you, market on your own.

It's really pathetic, but Sony has more problems in general besides not supporting publishers outside Sony themselves, like the constant secrecy between divisions of the company (basically you could almost say, each division is it's own business).
Old 12-12-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I think thats a bit drastic, Uncharted was planned to be the jewel in Sony's lineup for a while now, they even planned out a press event for uncharted about a month ahead of time to be held today. Why were you under the impression that Resistance3,a title announced back at E3, would take center stage from a formal reveal of Uncharted 3? While both are strong titles Uncharted is in a league of it's own these days.

As for Sony leaving them to fend for themselves, I disagree, at the end of
the day it was Uncharted and Resistance that we saw, not Killzone 2 or inFamous 2 or LBP2.

Resistance will actually launch in September, 2 months ahead of Uncharted 3,
And I assure you, $ was the reason they went multiplat.

Last edited by SaintAvi; 12-12-2010 at 11:37 AM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #4
Staff
Well at least they aren't clashing the release dates, looks like there will be a good game every month. There aren't ever enough games in September, so R3 for sept is awesome, and I think Infamous 2 will be June again. Hopefully if we get The Last Guardian in July/August it will be perfect.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I wasn't expecting R3 to be bigger knowing U3 was gonna be there, I just all around think U3 didn't need to be there. Sony still has E3 and plenty of other things, U3 will be exciting and popular no matter where you announce it.

But the last part is true, it was all about R3 and U3 and nothing else so thats good. Lets just watch what they do throughout the year though. Is it Insomniac pushing the game, or is it Sony helping

PS I totally forgot about InFamous 2
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote