Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 10-03-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: MoeKz
Call of Duty 4 vs. Call of Duty - WaW

Which do you think is better? Do you think WaW is worth getting if you already have CoD4?

For me, I think WaW is worse. Why? Well, it takes place in World War 2, which I don't really like. I'd rather have it in modern times. Also, I don't think the graphics were really improved. Stuff I do like about it though are the Nazi Zombies mode and the "dogs" you get after getting a 7 kill streak (I HATE the helicopter). I think they killed the red dot sight with the black one.

PSN: MoeKz
MoeKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #2
PCN Member
Ive played a lot of CoD4 and really enjoyed it, but it seems that everyone is saying that WaW is worse and not something to purchase...Im just gonna wait for the next game they come out with...sorry if this doesnt really help
Frappoccino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #3
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frappoccino View Post
Ive played a lot of CoD4 and really enjoyed it, but it seems that everyone is saying that WaW is worse and not something to purchase...Im just gonna wait for the next game they come out with...sorry if this doesnt really help
Lol, it's okay if it doesn't "help". I was just looking for opinions :D And of course your post helped!

If you own CoD4 and really liked it, I recommend NOT getting WaW and wait for CoD: Modern Warfare 2.

Old 10-03-2009   #4
The New Guy =]
PSN ID: Flightbolt
Never owned CoD 4, and I'm a trophy whore so the choice was clear haha. I do enjoy WaW a whole lot, and I do realize it's a CoD 4 clone, but never the less it is a stellar game.
Antonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #5
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Chrono917
Well, I'd say the only things "better" about WaW compared to Cod4 is the trophies, nazi zombies, co-op campaign, and the online navigation was made a bit easier to do stuff with and more informative. However, no gold weapons or camo and other things were disappointing, and I personally liked the modern warfare setting more than the WW2 setting.

Perks like Last Stand were upgraded to Second Chance, where if another person has it you can get revived by them. The helicopter to dogs, I like it, but it's totally opinionated so you can't call that an improvement. The flamethrower was also a plus to me, but the tanks do get annoying.

I bought WaW just because some of my friends had gotten PS3s for Christmas, and they wanted to get WaW to start their trophy collection, so I bought it to play with them. I own both Cod4 and Cod5, and to me Cod5 is more like Cod4.5. Not saying it's a bad game, it's just not a better game than Cod4, and I would say hold off to Modern Warfare 2.
Chrono917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Never played World at War. Not going to either. Reasons: Other than the nazi zombies, Treyarch hasn't done anything with the series that i like. They just take what Infinity Ward has done tweak it some (mostly for the worse) slap a new label on it and call it their own! Plus, I still feel burnt over buying the piece of s*** known as CoD 3! F you Treyarch, I'm going to spend my money on a real CoD game!

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #7
PCN Senior
you do realize Treyarch and Infinity Ward alternate turns making COD right lloyd? they were never meant to create a new engine independent from each other, the game was supposed to be like COD4 (a rip-off if you will). it'd just take too much time and money to develop a new game engine every year
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Yeah, I know all that. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. In my opinion Treyarch butchers the series, but then again in bias. I regret spending the 60 bucks on CoD 3 and making my PS3 play the damn thing.

I think I sold it for $12-$18 less than a month of its release. Worst investment in recent memory.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #9
PCN Member
PSN ID: ScSiTransfer
COD WAW single player doesn't feel as epic and cinematic as COD4, the multiplayer is meh it's nothing that couldn't be achieved with a clever mod for cod4 so it's nothing impressive....COD4 gets the win in my book.
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #10
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Ronster14
I absolutely regret buying WaW. It is just a Call of Duty 4.5 not even being worth a game. The only thing I liked was the Nazi Zombies. About it
TacticalSiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #11
"The New Guy"
I think I'm going to sell CoD4 soon to get Killzone 2. Call of Duty is getting really boring, especially with all the campers..

Anyway, it looks like a majority of the people here think WaW sucks, and I couldn't agree more. The only thing I like about WaW (I already said two in the first post) is like what Antoine said, the trophies.

Old 12-03-2009   #12
The New Guy =]
PSN ID: Flightbolt
I don't like the setting in MW. Politics have no place in video games besides mock politics. Trying to be serious within a games story only leads to large amounts of plot holes, something I detest. Modern Weapons are nicer then WW2 ones, but again it's choice. I wanted to get CoD5 because it was essentially the same thing with improvements for someone who never owned CoD4.

Last edited by Antonie; 12-03-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Antonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #13
PCN Member
PSN ID: snakes_pit
I actually do prefer COD4 now. I love that WAW went back to the WW2 setting, which is where the series belongs. But on the COD4 engine it just didn't work so well.

Nazi Zombies is great though.
Snakepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #14
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonie View Post
I don't like the setting in MW. Politics have no place in video games besides mock politics. Trying to be serious within a games story only leads to large amounts of plot holes, something I detest. Modern Weapons are nicer then WW2 ones, but again it's choice. I wanted to get CoD5 because it was essentially the same thing with improvements for someone who never owned CoD4.
uh

it WAS mock politics... the country they invaded wasn't even real

and what plot holes did COD4 have exactly?

AND LETS ALL BE CLEAR... COD WAW is NOT COD5

COD5 is pending!!!
Old 03-05-2009   #15
"The New Guy"
Hell ya WaW sucks MW was 10x better than it don't even compare and Mw2 is really going to take the cake.
RA1-D3R-NAT-ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #16
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
CoD4 was better than World at War for sure, but they both sucked in my opinion. lol
Crap story, generic gameplay (smooth and not bad, but generic)
Don't get me wrong, they were great games, but there are so many other games out there that are 100% better.

Last edited by tonzie; 19-05-2009 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: fixed spelling errors
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #17
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I like both games, depends on what I feel like playing. If I feel like playing modern, I'll play COD 4. If I feel like playing WW2, I'll play WaW. Nazi Zombies is so amazing as well. Both games are amazing
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #18
PCN Member
PSN ID: maf10s1
Unfortunatley my opinion is biased for this descison, I just like World War 2 sooters more than modern shooters (I tend to like a story line based on events that actually happened), both of them are good games though. I just like WaW better.
maf10s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #19
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonzie View Post
CoD4 was better than World at War for sure, but they both sucked in my opinion. lol
Crap story, generic gameplay (smooth and not bad, but generic)
Don't get me wrong, they were great games, but there are so many other games out tehre that are 100% better.
I was so confused after reading this paragraph I was literally dizzy for 2 seconds.

You just said they BOTH sucked... then said they were great games. If thats the case, I want nothing to do with games you think are great... because apparently they suck. Can you give us an example of "generic" gameplay? Its a shooter, so obviously it shares similarities with other shooters... its a genre for a reason...

And what games are 100% better exactly? wanna name a few for the rest of us?
Old 15-05-2009   #20
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Honestly, the two games are not the best to compare in my opinion, since they are set in two different times, u can still compare them though, but why not compare them to other games of their time periods, like WaW to other WW2 games or MW to other modern games
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote