Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 17-05-2009   #21
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
Honestly, the two games are not the best to compare in my opinion, since they are set in two different times, u can still compare them though, but why not compare them to other games of their time periods, like WaW to other WW2 games or MW to other modern games
u mean like WaW and every single COD prior to 4?
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009   #22
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
u mean like WaW and every single COD prior to 4?
yeah, u got that one right

its just my opinion that COD4 and WaW are hard to compare, I don't mean to criticize people who are comparing them though

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 18-05-2009 at 04:35 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009   #23
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
I was so confused after reading this paragraph I was literally dizzy for 2 seconds.

You just said they BOTH sucked... then said they were great games. If thats the case, I want nothing to do with games you think are great... because apparently they suck. Can you give us an example of "generic" gameplay? Its a shooter, so obviously it shares similarities with other shooters... its a genre for a reason...

And what games are 100% better exactly? wanna name a few for the rest of us?
Then you clearly misunderstood. Yes they're both great games in general, but they're not my type. The fact that you think only because I don't like CoD that my other favorites will suck, well that's a matter of opinion as well. Hope I didn't make you too dizzy this time too, just stating my opinion.

Last edited by tonzie; 19-05-2009 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: Grammar fixed
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009   #24
PCN Senior
your choice of words boggled my mind last time. Try not to say a genre sucks just because you are impartial to it. you ARE staff here, certain standards have to be kept right? and what are the 100% better games you mentioned? perhaps we can compare notes

Last edited by EIN; 19-05-2009 at 10:53 PM..
Old 20-05-2009   #25
PCN Master
honestly, I don't think that WaW is that bad, sure it's not as good as MW, but it's still pretty fun
Old 20-05-2009   #26
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
your choice of words boggled my mind last time. Try not to say a genre sucks just because you are impartial to it. you ARE staff here, certain standards have to be kept right? and what are the 100% better games you mentioned? perhaps we can compare notes
You seem to keep leaving out the fact that I was expressing my opinion. But some games that I prefer more than the CoD series would be:
Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2, mainly because the story is somewhat consuming and deep, and it's not just a game meant for you to kill things, but a game that tells a story as well.

Compared to the CoD approach, where they offer a mediocre story based on things that the developers didn't come up with, in order to really release a multiplayer game that everyone will play because of the name and expectations that it will live up to the others of its brand.
Sure, Call of Duty is a well built game, but the fact that it has been generalized as an "amazing" game makes it even more boring to play because everyone talks about it constantly, and it's always in the spotlight, leaving nothing to the imagination.
Combine that with the fact that everyone who thinks they're "teh pwn" at First Person Shooters plays it because it's really not a complicated game, and that makes it less credible for me.

And when I say "well built" I mean the fact that it has somewhat smooth and playable gameplay. They still have multiple bugs to iron out that have gone untouched since release.
lol phew, rant over. See where I'm coming from though? I dunno, I guess I just basically wish it had more depth to it.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009   #27
PCN Senior
Theres a reason why CoD sets the standards for shooters. Because it's that good. Skill, tactics, camoflauge, teamwork and the ability to go prone completely change the game, and no shooter has yet to match its scope and scale. Actually, I don't see where you're coming from, because I think the game has plenty more depth than Resistance, where any noob with a happy trigger finger can spawn with a retarded weapon and get kills. But I'm willing to agree to disagree and let it go at that. Difference of opinion is good
Old 22-05-2009   #28
PCN Master
Quote:
Theres a reason why CoD sets the standards for shooters. Because it's that good. Skill, tactics, camoflauge, teamwork and the ability to go prone completely change the game, and no shooter has yet to match its scope and scale. Actually, I don't see where you're coming from, because I think the game has plenty more depth than Resistance, where any noob with a happy trigger finger can spawn with a retarded weapon and get kills. But I'm willing to agree to disagree and let it go at that. Difference of opinion is good
I agree with what u say abot COD, it does offer some amazing multiplayer stuff that I have not experienced in any other game

but I have not played Resistance, so I can't say anything on that one, yeah difference of opinion definitely is very very good

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 19-07-2009 at 05:32 PM..
Old 10-06-2009   #29
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Call of Duty 4 is definitely my choice, I just could see no point in buying another WWII game, especially with Treyarch's past track record of bad games, Call of Duty 3 comes to mind. WWII has been done to death and the funny thing is I have several friends who went out and bought the game, I didn't mainly because of trying it out and seeing the game, 6 months later here we are and what are we all still playing, Call of Duty 4, for one simple reason, the multi-player can't be beat by COD: WaW, so while they wasted $60-70 on a game they don't play I put that towards Killzone 2 which although I barely played it online it is still an amazing game in single player.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #30
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i like COD 4 better than WaW mainly just because i dont like WW II shooters that much i prefer the newer weapons and actually 4 is the only COD game that i have owned but i have played WaW enough to know i like 4 better.

However i think that the SOCOM franchise is better than COD 4 and are the best shooters on the market. and there are alot more skils, tactics and teamwork in SOCOM IMO
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #31
PCN Senior
maybe... but then again, ALOT more people play COD
Old 15-06-2009   #32
"The New Guy"
Zombie mode is the only good thing about Waw I mean Online multiplayer is alright though it is sometimes very frustrating. Non of this is meant as a insult to the game it's just my opinion.
Avenger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009   #33
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger17 View Post
Zombie mode is the only good thing about Waw I mean Online multiplayer is alright though it is sometimes very frustrating. Non of this is meant as a insult to the game it's just my opinion.
lol wewt for the new zombie maps then
Old 16-06-2009   #34
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: mar611
I find cod 4 to be more fun than waw
mar611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #35
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger17 View Post
i dont really like the multiplayer either but that probably has mroe to do with it is something that i am not used to as much and therefore dont liek it cuz it is new but then again there are alot of people that did like it
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #36
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Drahgoon
I loved COD4 and I would say that and Killzone 2 are my most favourite FPS games. I only played COD5 WAW multiplayer and its really good but COD2 was just as good in my opinion.
OwnU4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #37
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnU4eva View Post
I loved COD4 and I would say that and Killzone 2 are my most favourite FPS games. I only played COD5 WAW multiplayer and its really good but COD2 was just as good in my opinion.
those are my favourites as well, but I have never played COD 2 so I can't say what it's like
Old 17-06-2009   #38
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Cod4 was a better game. Cod5 would have been **** if it had not copied so much from Cod4 and used the Cod4 engine.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009   #39
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Cod4 was a better game. Cod5 would have been **** if it had not copied so much from Cod4 and used the Cod4 engine.
Man when do u wanna play COD 4 together? we should totally play together sometime now that I'm done school and I'll be playing a lot more than I could when I was in school
Old 18-06-2009   #40
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
Man when do u wanna play COD 4 together? we should totally play together sometime now that I'm done school and I'll be playing a lot more than I could when I was in school
I traded it in last week to buy sims 3 for my girlfriend. I'm trying to take a break from cod until modern warfare 2 comes out so it'll be fresh again. I'm buying killzone today though. Send me a party/game invite sometime when you see me online.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote