Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 17-06-2009   #21
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
I think you're missing the point entirely EIN, the thing is, in my opinion the game was good. The technical aspects of it were awesome, and I enjoyed them.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #22
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Quote:
If you see it as an insult, then so be it. That was not the intention. Now I aint saying we should always conform to the big boys, but if your reviews are so radically different from people who have been in the industry for untold years, who have a daily experience in the field, who are also paid professionals rather than volunteers... it brings your perspective into question. Whether bias plays a role in the matter should be irrelevant... the game is either good or bad on a technical level first rather than aesthetic/personal choice second.
That to me was an insult to the whole staff though. I mean some of us have been with other sites for a few years, some of us still are. A majority of us are either in college with writing and journalism or have already been through college for it. Just because we are not getting paid at the moment doesn't degrade us in any way. A review is still an opinion no matter what "level" you are at. Its like saying ESPN has a better say in a matter than FSN. The only differnce between a site like IGN and ours would be news, if they announce something that we havent heard already, it more than likely is true thanks to their sources. If we do it, hey it may come true it may not.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #23
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
I guess what it comes down to is this - a review is ultimately just one person's opinion. We all have games that we like that many others don't. For example, I loved Auto Modelista, the first online racer for PS2, but many couldn't comes to grips for it.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #24
PCN Senior
Well I guess I've gone and insulted the staff here inadvertently so I'll have to apologize. Which I do; I actually like most of the staff here, and never meant to put anyone down. Dustin is correct, big name sites have better sources, but PCN does alot to stay on top of the news which is much appreciated.

And, as always, Nick said it best: a review is in the reviewer's opinion. Thats why I moved to have an official review with a user review attached a couple months ago.

So I hereby ask anyone who's followed this thread so far to add their own takes on FUEL if you would. I'm very curious about the number of people here who've played it and enjoy/dislike it. I'll try and edit the title of the thread to make it seem less insulting
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #25
PCN Senior
uh...how do I change the title?
Old 18-06-2009   #26
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Changed it for you if thats a good title? I think all you have to do to edit is push "edit" then when that loads push "go advanced". The whole page should load again and you should be able to edit the title. If not feel free to message me or something and i can change things for you. :)
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009   #27
PCN Senior
Thank you sir
Old 18-06-2009   #28
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
No hard feelings EIN, especially if insult was not your intention. I would also love to hear how others have seen Fuel. :)
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009   #29
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I guess what it comes down to is this - a review is ultimately just one person's opinion. We all have games that we like that many others don't. For example, I loved Auto Modelista, the first online racer for PS2, but many couldn't comes to grips for it.
exactly reviews are just one person's opinion, but I watched a review and thought that Fuel looked pretty cool, although I haven't tried the game yet
Old 30-07-2009   #30
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well the demo got some playing time for me (Yes a demo exists) and it's enough to convince me not to buy it because 1. Vehicles felt slow and cumbersome, no sense of speed seems to exist either, I could run at 40mph or 90mph and would barely notice a difference, 2. World is simply too large for the weak GPS system, really serves no purpose, 3. Empty areas, you just pass by vegetation but otherwise there's nothing around, 4. Traffic, almost non-existent and the bit you see is all the same. I think they just got too caught up in getting the Guinness World Record for largest video game world to actually really refine this game, the concept is there and the world but not the gameplay.
Old 31-07-2009   #31
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
those are things that scared me about it, but I tried the demo and thought it was pretty sweet

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 11-08-2009 at 03:59 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote