Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-06-2009   #1
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Left 4 Dead 2!!!

I was thinking about buying a 360 before because I wanted this game so bad. Now that it's coming to ps3 I am one happy gamer. Awesome, you agree?
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Im thankfull for EA now. Taking the laziness of Valve and giving us some games we want. I have the Orange Box and im glad it has EA's logo on it, i wont mind buying L4D with EA's logo on it either.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
get it for the PC, even if you cant run it on the best settings, valve games are always
best on PC
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Thing is i dont want to support Valve. That and i got Killing Floor which is 100 times better than L4D ever will be.
Old 21-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Whether EA's name is on it or not, it's not like Valve doesn't get a slice of the profits otherwise why even bother licensing it out. It's still supporting Valve and their managing director's fat ego. I would love to send him a nice message, next time shut your mouth before you constantly bad mouth the PlayStation 3 or you will be seeing at lot less money coming your way.
Old 21-06-2009   #6
SuperStaff
Turns out EA removed L4D from their site now. Oh Well, lets go spam email the Killing Floor devs and get that exclusive to PS3!
Old 21-06-2009   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Whether EA's name is on it or not, it's not like Valve doesn't get a slice of the profits otherwise why even bother licensing it out. It's still supporting Valve and their managing director's fat ego. I would love to send him a nice message, next time shut your mouth before you constantly bad mouth the PlayStation 3 or you will be seeing at lot less money coming your way.
I'm David King and approve this message. AKA, I second that.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #8
PCN Senior
I for one don't care about the politics of video games. I just like to play games.
Old 21-06-2009   #9
PCN Senior
what an awesome franchise

and the best way to play shooters is with a mouse... you cant beat that kinda precision aiming

oh and the politics of video games determines the quality and quantity of video games that get produced. Get your head out of the sand, video games is an INDUSTRY... they arent there to make YOU happy, they're there to make money, no matter what they say
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
It's not really politics except about Jack Thompson since he tries to get politicians to censor video games or enact new laws on video games so we can't enjoy them, thankfully, Jack Thompson is such an idiot no one will believe him in the government. The problems people have with Valve, EA, Activision aren't really politics more conflicts since each one has said or done things to get people mad, Valve badmouthing the PlayStation 3, Activision releasing so many Guitar Hero games and threatening to drop PlayStation 3 support and EA charging for ridiculous things, using Secur-ROM, producing bad PS3 ports, and bad sequels to long running series.
Old 21-06-2009   #11
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
what an awesome franchise

and the best way to play shooters is with a mouse... you cant beat that kinda precision aiming

oh and the politics of video games determines the quality and quantity of video games that get produced. Get your head out of the sand, video games is an INDUSTRY... they arent there to make YOU happy, they're there to make money, no matter what they say
What does that have to do with the fact that I still want to play Valve games even though they bad mouthed the ps3? I still want to play Activation games regardless of their bluff too. My post had no relevance to what you just said. Of course I realize it's an industry... I go to college for business. From what I've gathered from your posts on here you're a very ignorant person. Who's head is really in the sand?
Old 21-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
The point is, if we don't send a message to game companies when they do something that is annoying or wrong they will keep doing it since it makes them money still and gets them what they want, not what we want, we are their customers and they are supposed to cater to us, not throw around insults.
Old 21-06-2009   #13
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
The point is, if we don't send a message to game companies when they do something that is annoying or wrong they will keep doing it since it makes them money still and gets them what they want, not what we want, we are their customers and they are supposed to cater to us, not throw around insults.
They are not suppose to cater to us. They are suppose to make money which is why they try and make good games. There will always be a demand for good games meaning there will always be supply of good games. Supply and Demand. It's that easy and it's why I don't care about the politics of gaming.

Last edited by Jordan; 21-06-2009 at 01:49 PM..
Old 21-06-2009   #14
SuperStaff
Not EVERY company is in it for the money. Some guys are still their (like me) that just want to do it for the story or do it because they truly love video games. Insomniac could very easily start making 360 games any day they wanted, Kojima could port over MGS4 in a second, and so on. None of those developers said anything bad about anybody, they just do it because they love it and are loyal to the fans. Kojima saying it wont fit on DVD is not bad mothing the 360, he is just more compfortable with PS3.

Valve on the other hand said PlayStation sucks, F all the PlayStation fans we dont care about them they are not worth taking the extra step....They are constantly acting like a giant 360 fanboy machine, yet they call themselves a third party...That is why i wont want to support Valve. If you want to support them still, even when they throw you in the gutter, then go ahead its not my job to stop you. However when EIN says politics that is what he is referring too. Politics is NOT always government involved....
Old 21-06-2009   #15
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Not EVERY company is in it for the money. Some guys are still their (like me) that just want to do it for the story or do it because they truly love video games. Insomniac could very easily start making 360 games any day they wanted, Kojima could port over MGS4 in a second, and so on. None of those developers said anything bad about anybody, they just do it because they love it and are loyal to the fans. Kojima saying it wont fit on DVD is not bad mothing the 360, he is just more compfortable with PS3.

Valve on the other hand said PlayStation sucks, F all the PlayStation fans we dont care about them they are not worth taking the extra step....They are constantly acting like a giant 360 fanboy machine, yet they call themselves a third party...That is why i wont want to support Valve. If you want to support them still, even when they throw you in the gutter, then go ahead its not my job to stop you. However when EIN says politics that is what he is referring too. Politics is NOT always government involved....
I was the one that was referring to politics. The thing is I don't care if Valve is one big xbox fanboy or if they say **** about the ps3. Noone should care enough about a peace of hardware to boycott a game just because a developer had some harsh words about their console of choice. At the end of the day I'm a gamer. Games should come first, not consoles.
Old 21-06-2009   #16
SuperStaff
Sorry, thought i read EIN haha.

I understand being a gamer like that, yeah i love games ill buy PC only games and PS3 games. I just love the enjoyment out of it. However if everyone kicked backed and was happy with DVD over blu-ray, games wouldnt get bigger or better. If people didnt prefer PlayStation over Xbox, there would be no competition to make better consoles.

Plus im not "boycotting" Valve because they wont support PlayStation, im doing it because they shut out all the PlayStation owners (a third of their consumers) because they dont believe in taking the extra step and prefer to be lazy. They just dont care about PlayStation consumers, and i am one, so they are saying they could care less about me buying their games. So why should i? or you? I have a gaming computer, but i sure as hell wont be buying the next Half Life or L4D2 (which is another mistake they made to rip off the rest of their customers).

I can understand Kojima's "complaints" on 360, lack of space, i can understand first party arguments on how the cell can process more things on the screen etc...Valves complaint ? "Its too complicated and we dont want to bother with it"....The same complaint that every other third party got over with a year ago. Hell EA said it and now they love the console as a lead platform.
Old 21-06-2009   #17
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Sorry, thought i read EIN haha.

I understand being a gamer like that, yeah i love games ill buy PC only games and PS3 games. I just love the enjoyment out of it. However if everyone kicked backed and was happy with DVD over blu-ray, games wouldnt get bigger or better. If people didnt prefer PlayStation over Xbox, there would be no competition to make better consoles.

Plus im not "boycotting" Valve because they wont support PlayStation, im doing it because they shut out all the PlayStation owners (a third of their consumers) because they dont believe in taking the extra step and prefer to be lazy. They just dont care about PlayStation consumers, and i am one, so they are saying they could care less about me buying their games. So why should i? or you? I have a gaming computer, but i sure as hell wont be buying the next Half Life or L4D2 (which is another mistake they made to rip off the rest of their customers).

I can understand Kojima's "complaints" on 360, lack of space, i can understand first party arguments on how the cell can process more things on the screen etc...Valves complaint ? "Its too complicated and we dont want to bother with it"....The same complaint that every other third party got over with a year ago. Hell EA said it and now they love the console as a lead platform.
Blu-ray and competition definitely make games better I know but one ass hole developer that happens to make good games isn't going to change anything which is why I still want their games. I agree Valve is a lazy developer that doesn't know what they're talking about but if they make a game I want to play, I'll buy it.
Old 21-06-2009   #18
PCN Master
Who cares if it's just one developer, they deserve a boycott, do you see Insomniac bad-mouthing the XBOX 360, no they even had XBOX developers on their own podcast, or for that matter any of the other 360 developers or PS3 developers, as they mentioned on an Insomniac podcast, the video game industry is an industry where people know each other and respect the talents of others, not throw around insults or whine and complain. Fine they may say something about restrictions of a console but they aren't saying, yeah, we aren't going to develop for this console because we think it's a failure and it needs a do over, or it's too hard. As I mentioned before, how are you supposed to expect anyone to change unless you give them something to chew on, if it means not buying some games, I'll do it to preserve a industry and teach a lesson, will one person make a huge difference, no, but put enough people together and you have a difference. Why do you think EA finally is learning some lessons and changing some things, they aren't perfect and I still won't buy games from them but they are improving and one day when they have a good product and aren't idiots I'll be ready to buy from them. There are plenty of other games by respectable developers out there to fill the gaps left by boycott's and that's what Valve forgets, they aren't the only fish in the sea, we can take our money elsewhere.
Old 21-06-2009   #19
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
What does that have to do with the fact that I still want to play Valve games even though they bad mouthed the ps3? I still want to play Activation games regardless of their bluff too. My post had no relevance to what you just said. Of course I realize it's an industry... I go to college for business. From what I've gathered from your posts on here you're a very ignorant person. Who's head is really in the sand?

Unfortunately for you, politics is the science of interaction and power. Government is only one manifestation of it. Politics exist in gaming too, like how Kojima stuck with Sony, or how Splinter Cell is MS only. Maybe while you're in college you could stop by and read up on some stuff while you're at it... but that would be a low blow. I should just end this by saying I respect your opinion... but lets see you put your business education to the test.

lol ok then Jordan, whats your business take on Valve and Activation (new company parodying Activision maybe?)?. Wtf do you think they're doing there? And how can you possibly think that won't affect you as a gamer if it shifts the whole industry one way? Games are played on consoles, not the other way around. They're the INDEPENDANT variable here boyo... they are what software devs launch out of; they provide the tech. How could you justify a company ****ting on a tech and then porting over, and still expect maximum quality software from that company? What is the likelihood of a return of investment by Sony on such release? The future of the market if this trend continues

Tell me, I wanna know what you think
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #20
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
Wait, since when is l4d2 coming to ps3?
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote