Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 21-06-2009   #21
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
Unfortunately for you, politics is the science of interaction and power. Government is only one manifestation of it. Politics exist in gaming too, like how Kojima stuck with Sony, or how Splinter Cell is MS only. Maybe while you're in college you could stop by and read up on some stuff while you're at it... but that would be a low blow. I should just end this by saying I respect your opinion... but lets see you put your business education to the test.

lol ok then Jordan, whats your business take on Valve and Activation (new company parodying Activision maybe?)?. Wtf do you think they're doing there? And how can you possibly think that won't affect you as a gamer if it shifts the whole industry one way? Games are played on consoles, not the other way around. They're the INDEPENDANT variable here boyo... they are what software devs launch out of; they provide the tech. How could you justify a company ****ting on a tech and then porting over, and still expect maximum quality software from that company? What is the likelihood of a return of investment by Sony on such release? The future of the market if this trend continues

Tell me, I wanna know what you think
Are you kidding me? First of all I was the one that used "politics" in a non-government context. Did you misinterpret my post that bad? Second I know full well how the industry works, like I said I just don't care enough to boycott a game. Heres a simple example I think you'll comprehend: I buy clothing and shoes from stores knowing full well the ceo's make millions and the workers are paid next to nothing. It's sad but I don't care enough not to buy this stuff. Just as I don't care enough not to buy Left 4 dead because of some asshole developers. I'm shocked that you took my lack of caring as a lack of understanding. Maybe don't jump to conclusions?

Last edited by Jordan; 21-06-2009 at 11:13 PM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #22
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Are you kidding me? First of all I was the one that used "politics" in a non-government context. Did you misinterpret my post that bad? Second I know full well how the industry works, like I said I just don't care enough to boycott a game. Heres a simple example I think you'll comprehend: I buy clothing and shoes from stores knowing full well the ceo's make millions and the workers are paid next to nothing. It's sad but I don't care enough not to buy this stuff. Just as I don't care enough not to buy Left 4 dead because of some asshole developers. I'm shocked that you took my lack of caring as a lack of understanding. Maybe don't jump to conclusions?
Here I was thinking you were an upstanding citizen....well fine... so you're just a person who doesnt care for ethics then. I get it.
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009   #23
PCN Senior
Ethics? We're talking about video games... Unless you were referring to my clothing and shoes example. Like I said, it is sad. It's kind of hard to shop for clothing that isn't made by workers that get paid next to nothing. It's sad but it is reality. It sounds like you realized that not caring doesn't mean lack of understanding. How nice.

Last edited by Jordan; 21-06-2009 at 11:36 PM..
Old 22-06-2009   #24
PCN Senior
Great. Now stop sidestepping my questions and answer me with your business acumen
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009   #25
PCN Senior
Wow you sure are ignorant. I don't know why you want to keep going with this. You misinterpreted my lack of caring for a lack of understanding. What was with that politics comment anyways? did you really not realize I was the one that used it in a non-government context?

I would only be effected as a gamer if Activision weren't bluffing.
Like I said, I don't care if Valve said ****. It wont stop me from playing their games. I don't think this is exactly a trend. Maybe it used to be but with the ps3 being the lead platform for many games now it is not likely. I think the ps3 will eventually surpass the 360 in sales. This is why I don't care enough to not buy one game.

Last edited by Jordan; 22-06-2009 at 12:40 PM..