Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Game you are most looking forward to
Modern Warfare 2 3 25.00%
Assassins Creed II 4 33.33%
MAG 1 8.33%
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time 1 8.33%
Heavy Rain 0 0%
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-06-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
What game you looking forward to the most this Fall?

Sorry if i missed any but that is all that i could think of right now.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Damn toss up between Ratceht and MAG, both are going to be amazing titles. Then of course COD6 but thats just another boat now.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
my problem with MAG is that zippers online with SOCOM was never really that solid but idk they could do this really well and the online could have zero lag.

COD 6 will probably be good but i definately will not be getting it until next year if i even decide to pick it up i really might just get MAG instead or even Heavy Rain
Old 30-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
It's a three way between MAG, Ratchet and Clank, and Modern Warfare 2 but I'll probably have to go with Modern Warfare 2, I mean if the online is anything like the first one I'll be spending days on it.
Old 30-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
yea but that is the problem that i have with MW 2. i feel like the online will be very similar to COD 4 so why not just play COD 4? that and i didnt really get into the online on there but apparently alot of people did
Old 30-06-2009   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
CoD for sure. Uncharted comes in second with Heavy Rain after that.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009   #7
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
well if polyphony keeps with the promise of a 2009 release for GT5 then GT5 but other than that, no games
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009   #8
PCN Master
they did say that GT5 would be out in 2009? i didnt catch that otherwise i woudl have put it up there i was just assuming that it was going to be a 2010 release
Old 30-06-2009   #9
SuperStaff
Quote:
my problem with MAG is that zippers online with SOCOM was never really that solid but idk they could do this really well and the online could have zero lag.
Well Socom was the only good online game for PS2 and look how crappy the architecture of PS2 online enviroment was.

BTW GT5 if its coming this year will be announced at TGS.
Old 30-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
yea it was the game that really launched the PS2 online but still it was really laggy i dont know if that is a case for Zipper or Sony or just poor PS2 architecture.

When is the TGS? im sure Sony has alot of stuff ramped up for that one as well
Old 30-06-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Its on September 24 through 27. BTW I have no doubt it was completely the PS2 online holding back Socom, i have faith in Zipper they are extremely amazing devs and i think they can pull it off. If not, well it was worth a shot.
Old 30-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
yea i just hope that this game works out for them and that they make the next SOCOM if there even is going to be another SOCOM
Old 30-06-2009   #13
SuperStaff
If the next Socom is an actual Socom game with Socom single player, i have no doubt they will make it. If not the guys that make the PSP version will. However dont expect to see another Socom for a while, maybe 2010 or later. One Zipper needs to get MAG going, and if they are making Socom then they cant be doing both full fledged. It will take MAG a good half of next year for Zipper to nail down things tight. Second Sony is still marketing Socom Confrontation and its still selling decently with a good online community going on, releasing a new socom or announcing a new socom right now would be way too soon and harm Confrontation. Let alone all the problems it had are still very familar on the internet....
Old 30-06-2009   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
They don't even have the promised DLC out for Confrontation yet due to all the problems Slant 6 has had with that game, apparently Sony failed the newest patch 1.5 a few times already and everyone is still waiting for it so a new SOCOM game will definitely not be out till at least late 2010, maybe early 2011 and if Slant Six develops the next one for PS3 I won't even consider the game for purchase, I'm still waiting on this one to actually work properly before I'll drop $30 on it used. The sad thing is too, Slant 6 is making FTB 3 for PSP as well and Tactical Strike was nothing great either. For the love of everything that is good Sony, let Zipper develop something else for the SOCOM franchise before Slant 6 ruins it forever.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 30-06-2009 at 04:12 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009   #15
SuperStaff
I think Slant 6 had the opportunity to do something big and found a way to ruin it. There is no reason a game like this should have so many problems, it should still be in beta right now. I remember having the beta and it had these problems but they still went ahead and released it even with all the complaints. The game has AMAZING potential and i love it when it works correctly, its just i dont want to download 5 or 6 patches to play the game.

Sony should find a way to sweep those up and make it so you only have to download one thing and make all new copies already have the newest update on them. Its sad that its failing Sony inspection. If i was Sony id be questioning Slant 6 right now as they are ruining probably one of the best franshises they own. The game has so much potential though, especially if the next one has SP.
Old 30-06-2009   #16
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
order:uncharted 2, cod mw2, heavy rain. i didnt know heavy rain was comin out this fall

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009   #17
PCN Master
i dont remember the sit now that i was looking at but they had Heavy rain set to release Q4 2009 which probably means it will be pushed to 2010

and i agree Dustin the game has TONS of potential and could probably be one of the Best SOCOMS out there but they just keep screwing it up that is why i wnat Zipper back and if they can make the game with out the lag of previous SOCOMs then it will be a success and prob sell really well because want a Zipper SOCOM not /6
Old 30-06-2009   #18
SuperStaff
They said at E3 that heavy rain wont be out till next year. Kinda sucks but i rather have a good game anyways.
Old 30-06-2009   #19
PCN Master
o ok then the site i was looking at is DUMB. but yea i would rather delay and make good then release and make crap (look at SOCOM)
Old 30-06-2009   #20
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
As far as that list goes, Uncharted.

I'd like to say Brutal Legend as well but I still kinda have no idea what that game plays
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote