Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 09-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Killzone 3: What you want to see

Hard to believe but it feels like just the other day everyone at the PS3center
forums as well as the majority of PS3 owners were awaiting the release of killzone 2 with baited breath. This was a make or break game for Sony, coming off the heels of the underwhelming PS2 predecessor, Killzone 2 had a lot to prove for Guerilla games and the hardware.

Fast forward to july , we've taken the fight to helghan, have received some tasty map packs and and we've received a game with a rating over 90 on metacritic.

For the inevitable killzone 3 however I'd like to see some changes to single player.

ALPHA SQUAD WAS DAMN UNLIKEABLE, I remember grinding my teeth
every time Rico opened his mouth, the majority of alpha squad were annoying to listen to and had abrasive voice acting. Virtually every conversation felt like

Rico: **** ITS THE HIGS, GET THE F*CK DOWN
Natko: Your mom went down on me last night
Rico: TAKE THIS MOTHERF*CKERS
Garza: HEY SEV IM HIT IM HIT
Natko: I'll send your mom my condolences
Rico: F*CKITY F*CK F*CK
Sev:
Rico: Yeh pop that top

That gets annoying after the first hour, now imagine it for 12+ Hrs

I want Rico gone, try him for war crimes or promote him so we dont have to deal with him again, I also want to see a alpha squad with a wider vocabulary this time around as well as voice actors who wont feel like sandpaper against my eardrums.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I didn't mind Rico at all, he was a no nonsense guy who got things done and didn't let the formal Army attitude affect him. I would say for the next game they need to focus on the controls some more as a lot of people seemed to have problems with them, including everyone who has played at my house and guiding you through at least the beginning levels, I swear some people who played that game for the first time just would get lost, or not understand a thing going on.
Old 09-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
The thing with the controls is, who died and made COD style controls king?
Old 09-07-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Probably just because that game has so much appeal, it's what people compare everything too, probably an unfair comparison but unfortunately a lot of people think like that, it has to be like Call of Duty or the controls suck to them, I was fine with them personally but it seems a lot of people weren't and that's why I suggested it might be something they should change.
Old 09-07-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
First thing i want is a better scripted single player. Im all about story and development in single player, thus MGS is god to me. Uncharted is god to me. Resistance is even up there in story. Killzone is like wth am i playing this for?

The reason i say that is because the story has no depth to it. ooh they attacked us now lets go destroy them, end of story. Then every section "oh we might not make it but lets do it anyways!" and over and over. The character development was poor too. Characters die and im sitting there think why do i care? Its like "ooh we are gonna go out on a ledge to kill someone!" but it ends up being a character that isnt even apart of the story. Kill sev or something then maybe ill think about emotions.

Like stated even the dialogue was poor. I dont mind cursing or being tough, Rico fit it well, but why is the entire game like that? I know your trying to keep the tough soldier feel to it, but enough is enough.

I dont know, maybe its just me, but i didnt really "care" about the single player story. It wasnt really scripted that well or anything, could of been better and more fun.

Online is cool, could use some tweaks, but it suits the job for what its worth.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #6
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Online matchmaking could use some tweaking. If I want to play a game with the new maps I have to either search for a game with only one of the maps or just search all maps and hope for something in the title outlining the game has the new maps. This is stupid and is an easy fix.

I like the badges and everything but I don't like the ranking system. Now that I'm past the level where new features aren't unlocked I feel less encouraged to try to get a lot of points. I like the encouragement of ranking up in games and killzone's ends to soon for me. I hope they make it more dynamic and add more unlockables through ranking up.

The voice chat could use some tweaking.

Lastly, the controls. I've gotten used to them and the precision aiming helps a lot but I still don't like them. Hip firing is fine but looking down the sites just seems inaccurate when shooting. I know people like how they're different and everything but I personally just didn't like the feel of them.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Online matchmaking could use some tweaking. If I want to play a game with the new maps I have to either search for a game with only one of the maps or just search all maps and hope for something in the title outlining the game has the new maps. This is stupid and is an easy fix.

I like the badges and everything but I don't like the ranking system. Now that I'm past the level where new features aren't unlocked I feel less encouraged to try to get a lot of points. I like the encouragement of ranking up in games and killzone's ends to soon for me. I hope they make it more dynamic and add more unlockables through ranking up.

The voice chat could use some tweaking.

Lastly, the controls. I've gotten used to them and the precision aiming helps a lot but I still don't like them. Hip firing is fine but looking down the sites just seems inaccurate when shooting. I know people like how they're different and everything but I personally just didn't like the feel of them.
Yeah, I am used to the controls but I don't like them that much either and the matchmaking could be better.

I agree with what you say about the ranking system as well Jordan
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
the controls felt fine to me all i want is a better story because im not the type that usually plays online for shooters

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #9
SuperStaff
I gave the game another go today and i still am not interested like i should be. Controls suck, end of story to me. Realistic or not, i dont like them. They are not fluent at all to me and have so many deadzones to it. Jumped on Resistance again and i still absolutely love the gameplay of it, its so fun and addicting. Even Battlefield has a better system to it, and they made it somewhat realistic in movement too.
Old 21-09-2009   #10
PCN Master
Adding to the list, some more variety in environment palettes would be nice , this may
be difficult if Helghan is the setting again, but Im sure they could suddently discover
bits of helghan with some green to it :]
Old 21-09-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Helghan has green?! Lol. Imagine an Uncharted world with Killzone in it, that would probably make the PS3 explode haha.
Old 21-09-2009   #12
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
This topic must've slipped by me :P Obviously spoilers below

In terms of story telling and character development, I think Killzone 2 blew, especially considering how awesome the first 2(including PSP game) were and how rich the back story of the Killzone universe is. The first one in particular was filled with a lot of good story elements - deception and politics and stuff.

The character development sucked in Killzone 2 as well. I didn't end up feeling one way or the other about Sev, Rico and Natko were both obnoxious, and the only 'sad' thing about Garza's death was that I had to deal with the 2 idiots left over. The only time in the game I felt for any of the characters was when Jan Templar and Evelyn died, sucked seeing Jan die after playing 2 games as him. Kinda sad that they couldn't even make you feel for a new character.

I'd love to see the Helghan and ISA eventually team up and take on the earth forces, which seem to be trying to screw them both for profit.

In terms of gameplay, I'm fine with how it is pretty much. Loved the cover system, the guns feel so empowering when you shoot them, the set pieces were awesome, good variety and interesting weapons. Split screen co-op/multiplayer would be awesome. Some multiplayer aspects could be fixed(AKA, the cluster**** of people spawning at spawn points during the disarm/destroy game type or spawn camping).

Last edited by Nick; 21-09-2009 at 11:46 PM..
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009   #13
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
Adding to the list, some more variety in environment palettes would be nice , this may
be difficult if Helghan is the setting again, but Im sure they could suddently discover
bits of helghan with some green to it :]
When I think about it, yeah I would like that.
I was playing today and I thought that there was not that much variety in the maps on that game, I like most of the maps, don't get me wrong but they could sure use some variety in them for sure
Old 22-09-2009   #14
PCN Master
I think, crouching behind some wooden crates in tall grass while having a firefight under
some crazy alien sky with all sorts of alien shrubbery would be compelling.

Or switch it up, visit a part of helghan experiencing Nuclear Winter with a very apparenty blue color scheme.

As for the characters, I think the most fundamental step is to find some voice actors
who havent swallowed Brillo pads and gravel.
Old 22-09-2009   #15
SuperStaff
You basically explained Resistance though? :) People were mad about how "colorful" Resistance was. I agree Killzone needs some color, but at the same time its EXTREMELY hard to make anything not dark and discolored look as good.
Old 22-09-2009   #16
PCN Master
The gameplay feels different though, Killzone feels a lot more weighty while resistance feels more fleet footed with the movement and weapons as far as Im concerned.

+The Chimera visually never hit me as interesting villains.
Old 22-09-2009   #17
SuperStaff
meh im a huge Resistance fan lol. Still have Killzone but never play it. :) I was just saying, if they do lighten it up it might take away from the overall game. In RFOM people like the look, but it was dark and griddy, in Resistance 2 they "livened" it up a little and people said it was a step backward.

While I think Snow and what not would be amazing on the Killzone engine, I dont think plants and greenery would look as good, unless they took the Uncharted route and made it out of this world. Resistance gets away with it because the story wasnt as dark and griddy as the first.
Old 22-09-2009   #18
PCN Master
Well if saved for the final level, I think it would have a nice shock.

Fight to the underlying layers of helghan! And holly shiz its pretty in here :P
Old 22-09-2009   #19
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Reyshaun
I just want story Co-op so I can play it with my friends.
RTD31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009   #20
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
i liked killzone 2, the voices didnt really annoy me.. but the only thing i didnt like was to me i dunno about you guys but it felt 'stiff' even if i turned the sensitivity up the movements and looking/shooting just felt really stiff