Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 20-10-2009   #21
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
It feels like it changed a little from the demo. Dustin and I used to play all the time, but I haven't really played much of it in the retail version TBH.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009   #22
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
It feels hard to get to a good rank. Seems like the perks have a major advantage compared to the demo. For example, couldnt aim worth crap when i started, got down the irons and i cant miss now...In the demo it didnt make a differnce, at least not that big of a differnce.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009   #23
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
i love it! sadly though i completed it in 9hrs 52minutes lol BUT its immense! my GOTY anyway, im now re-playing to get hard and crushing completed :) and for all the treasures :D and the online is pretty fun, its nice to get away from the usualy spawn throw grenade shoot die lol abit of high jumping and climbing helps
Old 21-10-2009   #24
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Reyshaun
This game is the best I already got all the trophies but 1.
RTD31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009   #25
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Just got uncharted 2 yesterday.

I’ve read this first impression over and over again to make sure there are no spoilers. A+ on that, so you can go ahead and read what I felt about the game at first sight…

When I got home after collecting the game, I held it in the air and felt like when Nadal won Wimbledon. That’s how much this game means to me, and I am sure to hell a lot of people out there. Cutting the crap, let’s get down to business. First, the box felt pretty light, and on opening it, I noticed that the manual is very very thin for such an epic game. Oh well, who cares about manuals anyway.
Switched off the lights, cranked up my sound system all the way up, and inserted the disc into my PS3. The loading time is slightly on the higher side. No initial install, so I guess we gotta live with that. Directly went to the audio settings and selected Dolby Pro logic 2 as my desired sound output and started a new game.
The scene which we are all very familiar with, Drake sitting in a train bogie hanging down from a cliff starts off. I know that this has been said over and over in the past few months, but I am going to go ahead and say it again. The details are immaculate! Every little detail has been looked into. Nathan’s fingernails are grubby with dirt, his blood is dried on his shirt, things like that. The best part here was his hair. Each strand of hair stands out from the next. What attention to detail!
The sound is gorgeous. The Himalayan wind howling, seats, drums etc flying across you falling into abyss, the train coach creaking ready to fall; Rocks hurtle past you, causing a solid thump. Gunshots feel just right. The AK 47 packs a punch, and sounds like it does too. When Nathan takes a bullet, he grimaces, and you feel guilty. Sorry mate…
Humor is absolutely fantastic, whether it be with Flynn or with Sully. Well thought off, polished to the core, you will laugh out loud, trust me…
All the other characters are well made too. Chloe looks hot (yes, I stared at her b**bs for a while), Sully is the same cool character that we saw in the first game.
Few glitches though… In a gun fight, I was right next to a mercenary, but he continued shooting someplace else. Also with the stealth kills, if you are crouched, the guards don’t see you even if you are right next to their knees.

If you want to play Uncharted 2, play it king size. 5.1 audio system and an LCD TV is a must… Stay tuned for a more detailed review later.

P.S. I just started Chapter 5. I loved every bit of it till now. This is a movie; my friends sit and watch me play just to see how the story unwinds.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009   #26
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
i love it! sadly though i completed it in 9hrs 52minutes lol BUT its immense! my GOTY anyway, im now re-playing to get hard and crushing completed :) and for all the treasures :D and the online is pretty fun, its nice to get away from the usualy spawn throw grenade shoot die lol abit of high jumping and climbing helps
thats what I liked about the demo, it was something different, its kinda like GTA4 in my opiion except a bit better
Old 21-10-2009   #27
SuperStaff
If anyone wants it, IGN has a really handy treasure walk through guide.
Old 21-10-2009   #28
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
i believe u on the surround sound and lcd tv a must

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009   #29
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
if the online is anything like the demo, I bet its sweet
Old 22-10-2009   #30
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
i believe u on the surround sound and lcd tv a must
Played it on both LCD and Plasma and my plasma looks way better than any LCD ive ever watched or played a game on. Plasma is the way to go in my opinion.
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009   #31
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxxon20 View Post
Played it on both LCD and Plasma and my plasma looks way better than any LCD ive ever watched or played a game on. Plasma is the way to go in my opinion.
Yea, I agree with that. LCD is catching up quick, but Plasma still sets the bar. Just gotta worry about the extra energy consumption if you pay your own electric bill, haha.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009   #32
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Yea, I agree with that. LCD is catching up quick, but Plasma still sets the bar. Just gotta worry about the extra energy consumption if you pay your own electric bill, haha.
Yeah I pay my own electric bill I'm 31, married with 2 kids so I have to pay for every damn thing!!! LOL!!
Old 22-10-2009   #33
SuperStaff
Maybe its the brand they use or some settings they use, but the Samsung LCD's im around alot look alot better than some of my friends Plasma's. Market is moving to LED though, and hopefully sometime soon OLED, now those will be amazing looking.
Old 22-10-2009   #34
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I just remember looking at the 15 inch models of OLED in Sony Stores, the picture was mindblowing, of course so was the cost, over $2,000 for one 15 inch screen and the average life expectancy is absolute crap compared to current plasma, LCD or CRT TV/monitors. LED TV's though are a forward step although a lot of companies are cheating right now and only using LED's around the edge which doesn't produce nearly as good of a result as having an entire panel of LED's in the back for backlighting because in that case, individual LED's can be turned off to produce true black (one of the remaining plasma advantages) where edge lit LCD LED screens can't do such a thing. I mean it's still a step up from fluorescent lighting for the backlight in LCD TV's but they got a long way to go before it's practical at a price and without cheaping out.
Old 22-10-2009   #35
1337 Sauce
I got a Panasonic 42" Plasma and they make the best plasma out there and I played Uncharted 2 on a Samsung LCD and there is no comparison in my opinion but that is just me. Those new LED's I was checking out at Best Buy a couple weeks ago look amazing compared to the LCD's.