Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 28-10-2009   #1
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Modern Warefare 2 Airport Scene

Shooting innocent civilians in an airport based off a real terrorist attack sound twisted? Sure does but I can't wait to play it. Has anyone scene the leaked footage? I watched it and thought to myself how wrong it is. What's your guys's thoughts on this? If you haven't seen it check 'er out. They pulled it off multiple sites though so good luck.

edit: Crap, spelled warfare wrong in the title.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Yeah some people were complaining about it to me, sayings "its gone too far" and they were all mad because your shootin innocent people and its wrong. My reply? ITS A FRIGGIN GAME!

The same people complaining are the same people that couldnt wait to get GTA 4...

Im glad Infinity Ward had the balls to do this. They know they are gonna get heat from it, but guess what. They know no matter what sales will be good so they did it. Its not like Konamis game where they had a tough time just in development. Its going to be all over the news I gurentee it, Jack Thompson and Hilary Clinton will have a field day. All i say to them is eff em and play the game, its not like it dont happen on TV and movies everyday...

Its apart of the story, its supposed to make you mad, move on lol

and its on gametrailers still
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009   #3
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
While I'm not really upset about this, it's BS that people are like OK with this, but at the same time they get up in arms about Six Days to Fallujah, that Atomic Games title that was dropped by Konami earlier this year.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Its because this game has WAY more power than Konami ever had. IW can fight it, they just dont care. People are STILL going to buy this game and still going to love it. They have the support of millions of fans, tons of stores, and sales numbers on their side. I gurentee they knew it would be a problem with media but they did it anyways. I applaud them for it.

Could also be the exact reason why IW didnt show the game to Activision at all. Now Activisions name is slapped on it and they have no choice but to release it. Also the reason why its being removed everywhere. If it gets too big of a problem before the game is ever released, it will then be delayed and edited....
*Standing ovation for IW* thats all i got to say.

(PS i supported development of Six days, I think they should still make it)
Old 28-10-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
people may think it's wrong, but its a game, so they should just **** off, its not like your average player is gonna go shoot innocent people in real life

its gonna be an amazing game, I don't think people need me to tell them its gonna be amazing because everyone knows it will
Old 30-10-2009   #6
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
After thinking about this for a couple days, I really like the way IW took with it. First, I'm glad they didn't use Middle Eastern terrorists, that's a stereotype that needs to be done away with. Second, the way they went about it was tasteful - you can not shoot anyone if you don't want, or you can skip the scene in it's entirety. It does evoke an emotional response, so in terms of story telling, that's good.

I'm just glad that video games are able to walk that line of 'Whats real VS whats fake' more maturely now than they have in the past.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
This mass hysteria going on about this will come to an end one day when present day gamers are in the work force at the mainstream media outlets like FOX, MSNBC, and CNN. I'm tired of these people who don't even play video games critisizeing (not spelled right) them. We see innocent people die in movies all the time.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
WOOOO i cant wait! then i can buy a real gun and re-inact it for real so i can be famous! LOL!(thats a joke btw) dunno why people are over-reacting its only one little part of the game? and like mentioned you can kill innocent people as much as you wish in GTA! people are getting silly tbh lol
Old 30-10-2009   #9
SuperStaff
I read a statement from Activision. The game warns you that its coming before you get there and asks if you would like to skip it. Even if you decide to do it, its up to you to kill people or not.
Old 30-10-2009   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
do you think they've added that option due to the over-reaction of the scene?
Old 30-10-2009   #11
SuperStaff
I think they did it because they know their audience is very broad. I also watched it and some people could get a little shaken up by it.
Old 30-10-2009   #12
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
where can i see this and is it a spoiler

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009   #13
SuperStaff
its the first scene of the game, so its not a major spoiler. If your looking to not see any of the game before you play it then yeah it is a spoiler, which sucked for me

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...footage/333509
Old 30-10-2009   #14
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: XRAVE
I'll wait for the real deal lol
XRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009   #15
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
u know wut ill just till game comes out to see. because i saw some parts from uncharted before i had the game and i already knew wut would happen so it made it not AS exciting

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009   #16
"The New Guy"
this game is great
SGT_JimmyRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009   #17
"The New Guy"
awsome infact
SGT_JimmyRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #18
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
This mass hysteria going on about this will come to an end one day when present day gamers are in the work force at the mainstream media outlets like FOX, MSNBC, and CNN. I'm tired of these people who don't even play video games critisizeing (not spelled right) them. We see innocent people die in movies all the time.
I know, people who know nothing about something are usually the first ones to complain about it, not just games but anything really.

I wish people would just learn about stuff before they complain about it
Old 16-11-2009   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
And now that scene is in much more trouble, apparently Russia doesn't like it so much, they actually pulled the game off stores shelves and forced Activision/Infinity Ward to put a patch out so that the scene is completely inaccessible to gamers. Also current copies were pulled from stores shelves and new copies will be distributed by Activision on 10-20 days without the scene included on the disc at all.
Old 16-11-2009   #20
SuperStaff
Thats dumb...not like russians dont look bad in the rest of the game. Fox also reported on it, similar to how they did Mass Effect and Geoff Kighley completely owned them lol. Same thing happened here.

As for the scene idk about you guys but i think its one of the most well done game scenes ever.