Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 14-12-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
new Medal of Honor Trailer

hey I found the trailer to the new Medal of Honor game
here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX3_mGJFaJg&feature=sub
hopefully it's good, it says it will be released in fall 2010
I don't really know what to think
but it looks like Medal of Honor series is trying o follow the Call of Duty series and go for a modern approach
also heres the teaser for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1pkTeo4vJE&NR=1

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 14-12-2009 at 07:12 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Looks absolutely fantastic! I cant wait!
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009   #3
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Looks good, but I don't like the 'Me too!' approach. EA has a really solid modern FPS with BFBC, I really hope they do something different with Medal of Honor. I think there is room to do that - MW2 is definitely more of a Tom Clancy, fantastical approach to the mordern combat, would be nice to see MOH maybe take a more grounded approach.

I just can't fathom them releasing MOH and BFBC2 though, seems like such an oversight.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009   #4
SuperStaff
I watched it again, and the explosion just proves DICE made it...I just pray it doesnt play like Battlefield or ill be disapointed as hell.
Old 14-12-2009   #5
PCN Master
I have to agree with both of u guys, I hope Medal of Honor brings something different to the world of Modern shooters, not just because I LOVE that series but because then it will add more variety
Old 14-12-2009   #6
SuperStaff
Its that I want it to be re-inventing, I do, but if its going to play like Battlefield it wont topple COD MW2 and why the hell would I waste another 60 dollars on a variation of BF? TBH Im not a fan of BF mechanics, almost as clunky as Killzone.
Old 14-12-2009   #7
PCN Master
yeah i agree...BF BC was so bad, I liked Killzone 2 but I couldn't even bring myself to even play through BC.
I'll admit Killzone 2 was clunky but I loved the story and online for it so I was able to get past how clunky it played
Old 15-12-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
umm yeah i thought it was a good idea to take the MoH into the modern days but it does seem like the they are just doing it because of the success of MW and MW2 but i would much rather buy the game from EA than Activision at this point
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009   #9
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
they have so much potential with this to come back and destroy fps games(maybe abit to far) they could really go head to head with MW2 and alot of people like a different title that has the same fast paced side of things to play, like tony hawks.. and EA comes out with skate and who even plays tony hawks now? lol i know im not 100% satisfied with mw2 so they have a chance to make MoH is my game of choice..i mean i prefered it to COD back in the day(and even played it before the 1st cod) until they started making the same crap, like cod also did the same ****, so it kind of needs the modern approach to make a difference.. but like you guys are saying they need to stay away from battlefield completely! ok the explosions will look pretty but i hate the gameplay in battlefield its ok online but its dull, pretty graphics wise but sucks to play.. and @dipchit i dont know if you can say that dude because ghost recon was out before modern warfare? and rainbow six even which were both modern based shooters im sure, its just the way fps is heading.. although i can kinda see where youre coming from still. with its 'success'

Last edited by xEN7xASSASSINx; 15-12-2009 at 12:57 AM..
xEN7xASSASSINx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
This game is obviously going to be directly compared to MW2. So with that I hope it turns out better than MW2. I love MW2 but a modern FPS that's better than it? My god, I just came to the thought of that.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009   #11
1337 Sauce
Man I think this game looks incredible, I love Call of Duty but I'm no where near fanboy status!! LOL!!! My thing with MW2 is the single-player campaign is far to short and it's basically based on multi-player crap and I hate that. I like a good story so I'm hoping Medal of Honor does just that, have a good 15 to 20 hour single-player campaign and that is what worries me about Bad Company 2 it will probably have a short ass story mode and be mostly online multi-player!!

Last edited by saxxon20; 15-12-2009 at 11:26 AM..
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009   #12
PCN Member
PSN ID: maf10s1
Looks pretty good, I really hope the modern setting doesn't spoil the game. But then again maybe it woud be better if MOH got away from WWII.

Also: leaning around cover for the win!
maf10s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009   #13
SuperStaff
Quote:
..i mean i prefered it to COD back in the day
I always loved MOH over COD, was always (and i mean always) better.
Old 15-12-2009   #14
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
so.....I'm not the only one who thinks that
I mean COD is usually pretty good but MOH was so much better in my opinion
Old 15-12-2009   #15
SuperStaff
COD absolutely sucked when it was WWII shooters, then it went modern and IW pulled a rabbit out of the hat and basically got lucky to be honest. I mean look at Tryarch, they just completely copied COD4 and put it in a WWII setting and it sucked.

Its not hard to tople MW2 if they just get the gameplay right. Like i said if it mimmicked that of BF they are screwed, if they go more fast paced, not so "realisitic" they will win. It used to be about how realistic we get, then we hit Killzone and tbh i want to go back to just having fun and not being real lol.

They have the name (Medal of Honor) they have the skill (EA and DICE) and they have the opportunity (next fall) to topple MW2. It can happen and I see it happening. The only absolute issue is the fact a Halo and Resistance is due out next year around the same time.

If they want to reach high sales they also need to team up with someone, like Activision does by humping Microsofts leg waiting for money to fall out. EA should go to Sony, get a beta going, get an exclusive console bundle, get some exclusive timed content, etc...have that help them hype it.
Old 15-12-2009   #16
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
As a MOH fan, I have to concede that Infinity Ward DID make the best Medal of Honor game with Allied Assault. That game was all sorts of awesome, the assault on Normandy is still one of my favorite levels of all time.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009   #17
SuperStaff
Allied Assault was cool, even though you could tell it followed their basic COD format, but the best MOH goes to Frontlines. D-Day in Frontlines is still by far the absolute best level ever created.
Old 15-12-2009   #18
PCN Master
European Assault was my favourite MOH game, most MOH games were great though
Old 17-12-2009   #19
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
ok so on the MOH website 'press release' it says that DICE are creating the MULTIPLAYER, i'd say we're doomed lol! and if you look closely at the characters they have that ever so cartoony look like battlefield -_- please noooo! and in the forums people keeps saying stuff like "you should remake the original game for download on 360" "do this do that for 360" lol totally trying to make them suck up the 360's ass like mw2 did haha
Old 17-12-2009   #20
SuperStaff
Im signing up and telling them to do crap for PS3 lol