Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 26-05-2009   #1
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Sales battle: InFamous VS Prototype

First, if you aren't the kind of person that cares about sales - fine, don't post in this topic.

Anyways, as you know, InFamous hit stores today. Prototype hits in a bit over two weeks in June. Both are super hero-centric, open world games. So which do you think will sell more - InFamous or the PS3 version of Prototype?

My guess is Prototype - Activision can market their games well, and I feel like Prototype is more dynamic and entertaining to WATCH, though I feel like InFamous will be a better game. My guess for first week sales:

InFamous - 140,000 copies
Prototype - 165,000 copies
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009   #2
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
I'm not going to guess numbers here, but I completely agree. Another thing that will have a lot to do with Prototype's sales will be the fact that it's multiplatform.

Also, I agree about what you said about the quality. After playing the inFamous demo I really got to know the powers and the gameplay and every aspect of the game was awesome, but from what I've seen about Prototype so far is that the "hunters" and the military are basically your enemies, and you gain powers based on which ones your absorb? Seems like inFamous will have lots more variation than Prototype, and the added free-roaming karma based changable city blows Prototype out of the water.

Although, I wont lie. Prototype does have the graphical advantage from what I've seen. tTe cutscenes seen in the trailers and released videos look beautiful.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I think inFamous will sell more, I saw about 3 commercials for it last night, high quality
commercials to.

It will hit 2 weeks earlier as well and will benefit from good word of mouth.

As for prototype having a graphics advantage, I dont see it, they have made some CG videos for it but the in game looks on par with those open world super destruction games like hulk, I'd say inFamous is a few rungs up the ladder
in the graphics department

Last edited by SaintAvi; 26-05-2009 at 07:02 PM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I dont know about the graphical battle, i mean Infamous has its generaic re used things but Prototype had way more of it. Plus the city in Infamous looked way more worn down than Prototype which wiill give it that edge.

Its not really fair to say overall sales though, Prototype is a third party so 360 users will be buying it too. I think Infamous will dominate the PS3 but Prototype will get support from 360. BTW i think its EA? Infamous has fanboy support to, gamers that will buy it just because its PS3 exclusive, let alone the demo blew so many people away.

Dont forget Infamous is coming from the guys that brought you Sly Cooper too, that game sold a ton. If PS3 was more like PS2 id say even with the third party support Prototype has, Infamous would dominate it, but its not the case. Like i said InFamous will dominate PS3 sales and easily compete with Prototype, but with the pure lack of any quality games right now that third party help is giving Prototype an edge. Unless my june favorite, Ghostbusters, does some damage to the cake haha.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009   #5
PCN Senior
140000 copies? lol
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009   #6
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
As for prototype having a graphics advantage, I dont see it, they have made some CG videos for it but the in game looks on par with those open world super destruction games like hulk, I'd say inFamous is a few rungs up the ladder
in the graphics department
That was what I meant. :)
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i think that if you look at only the Prototype PS3 sales than inFamous wins but if you look at all sales for Prototype then it wins. i have to agree with saintavi that inFamous looks better than prototype i think almost every game coming out exclusively for the PS3 looks better than multiplatform games or 360 exclusives
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #8
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Looks like I was a bit off - preliminary sales numbers put inFamous at 115,000 copies sold in May. I actually thought my numbers were gonna be a bit short, based on the good reviews and the marketing effort Sony put into the game(with the trailer at Terminator and a decent ad campaign).

Not that it matters - if you own a PS3, you should own inFamous. It isn't the perfect game but it just has so much character and personality, it's flaws are easily over weighed.

Last edited by Nick; 08-06-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
it does look pretty sweet but the only reason i am not getting it now is cuz of funds and other games that are coming out
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010   #10
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
140000 copies? lol
Good one !!! Lol... :D
joetraff is offline   Reply With Quote