Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 02-09-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
Video Files

hi, as you might know i recently sold my gaming pc and bought another PS3. my original plan was to take out my media HDD and put it into an external enclosure, thing is it is 1TB so will need to format it to FAT32, which means it wont support files over 4GB, alot of my files were blu-ray rips, so they are approx 8GB, which is fine, i can convert them as i have had to do that with some of my rmvb files, aswell as some others.
my question is, when i converted alot of my files the new files are quite alot bigger than the originals, so what is the best program for converting, and what is the best filetype to convert too?
cheers
paradisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #2
Staff
TMPGEnc is the best imo, because you can choose the size of the file and it will automatically do it all for you. However, it isn't free, you could try AutoGK which is free, but I don't think it works with all formats. It definitely doesn't work with MKVs as far as I remember.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #3
"The New Guy"
i have been using mkv2vob and ps3convertor, the mkv2vob isnt that much different in file sizes, 200-300MB usually, its the ps3convertor that makes things mp4 files, they seem to be 1GB or more difference on some files
Old 02-09-2010   #4
Staff
As long as you convert to either WMV or AVI (Xvid/Divx) then the files should work, so you don't necessarily have to use PS3converter.
Old 03-09-2010   #5
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
As long as you convert to either WMV or AVI (Xvid/Divx) then the files should work, so you don't necessarily have to use PS3converter.
but quality wise, what is the best settings for convering, dont want to go too low in res, but likewise dont want to go high and end up with a file size that is huge.
Old 03-09-2010   #6
Staff
Depends on the video. DVD quality is usually around 1500 Kbps (Video quality), which is overkill really, because it is almost as good as HD. Audio really only needs to be around 192kbps, everything above that is just in case.

If you do it using the file size like in TMPGEnc (AutoGK will do it automatically), as long as you keep about a 20 mins to about 170, so 40 mins to 350MB then the quality should be good.
Old 04-09-2010   #7
"The New Guy"
is there any way of it play files in a folder in like a playlist off the external HDD? i seem to remember it did it automatically off the internal HDD.