Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Design Center
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 19-01-2010   #21
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Adobe products are easy to get for "free" haha, if you go to school.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #22
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
ahh gutted, but i guess we only need one person with a good capture card/camera anywaybecause they'll be getting all the angles through spectating mode or whatever?
Old 19-01-2010   #23
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Not in my case, we either have to get trials, use "other methods", or go to the "New Technology Store" (I put that in asterisks because half the stuff they sell in there is older product, although I'm not complaining because they are still selling the MX400 mouse I want) and buy a software package which costs around $399.99 ($799.99 for the Master Collection and the specs necessary are insane, my machine barely meets them) and that's student pricing, you can't just buy individual pieces of software or take advantage of something like MSDNAA.
Old 19-01-2010   #24
SuperStaff
Ive only ever actually bought Photoshop once lol, and it was the good one to (CS2) cus I dont like CS3 or CS4 at all. All the rest was given to me by my teacher back in high school lol, still hooks me up with stuff.

As for the game thing, also remember we can use something other than COD too. Like Uncharted or MGO (both have way more animations and better enviroments than COD)
Old 19-01-2010   #25
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
As for the game thing, also remember we can use something other than COD too. Like Uncharted or MGO (both have way more animations and better enviroments than COD)
true! uncharted 2 would be good actually, just because of the graphics!
Old 19-01-2010   #26
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I don't have U2 or MGO though lol. XRacer we could still probably use you. Since one of us has to capture the footage we'll only be able to have to characters in a scene at once if theres only three of us. The more people the better.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010   #27
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well I do have Grand Theft Auto IV, Killzone 2, Resistance, Resistance 2, Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 (figured I mention them all in case we can find something that we can get plenty of people on) but Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare are impossible for me to play online, the residence network simply will not allow the traffic through, haven't tested most of the other games yet on the rez network but I have successfully played Burnout Paradise and LittleBigPlanet online.

Depending on the timeline though for the project I can get around that if necessary, I'm going back home in February because of reading week at college, so if it can wait till February 13th I can play Modern Warfare online, if we decide not to use Modern Warfare I can probably get it to work now.

The only other thing I would mention is technically with Flash CS4 you can make decent video intros (I know it's not fantastic and don't bother watching the whole video, the intro is in the first 5 seconds, it's more meant as a status update for my YouTube friends and a few people I know on the PlayStation Network) but the 3D motion is something I could combine with something more related) and/or ending credits, of course my skills are kind of rusty and my previous experience is with Flash MX but over the next few weeks we are supposed to be learning more about Flash CS4 so I might be able to put together a decent video intro, add in some good sound courtesy of your setup Jordan and use someone's computer to cut it all together with the game footage.
Old 19-01-2010   #28
PCN Senior
For a bit of reference to my sound quality here is;

a link to my music page: http://www.myspace.com/jordanpreisinger

a link to my studio page http://www.myspace.com/prezzstudio

I've never done any film sort of endeavour but think I can achieve some nice results. I suppose I'll narrate (if needed), act, and score it. It'll be kind of odd having one person have good voice quality and the others not as much haha. I nominate Dustin to start writing the script haha. Since you are a PSC writer and all. I think in terms of viral success we'd be best off going the MW2 Avatar route. They're two of the hottest entertainment items right now. The facts that Avatar's story is kind of "meh" will make it easier to to it mock style. We could get a lot of potential youtube views. If it turns out well our next one should be Uncharted 2. I'll buy the game specifically for the filming haha.
Old 19-01-2010   #29
SuperStaff
You did the music? Its so sick, your extremely good lol!

As for the writing part I thought of story ideas thinking about it.

-was thinking of Avatar but realized there isnt any girl avatars in COD. My sister is a local actor so it wouldnt be hard to get a girls voice if we did decide to do it.

-Was thinking what about we parody some classic folk tale ( i think thats it) like little red riding hood or 3 little bears. Its just something I realized that could be funny, and if its succesful, can easily be turned into episodes. Which anyone knows is the perfect recipe for success on youtube.

Funny (ill do my best) as in something like Metal Gear Awesome lol.
Old 19-01-2010   #30
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
You did the music? Its so sick, your extremely good lol!

Sure did. Thanks :)

Quote:
As for the writing part I thought of story ideas thinking about it.

-was thinking of Avatar but realized there isnt any girl avatars in COD. My sister is a local actor so it wouldnt be hard to get a girls voice if we did decide to do it.

-Was thinking what about we parody some classic folk tale ( i think thats it) like little red riding hood or 3 little bears. Its just something I realized that could be funny, and if its succesful, can easily be turned into episodes. Which anyone knows is the perfect recipe for success on youtube.

Funny (ill do my best) as in something like Metal Gear Awesome lol.
Hmm, you're right about the girl thing. The avatars them selves could wear ghillie suits. I think doing the little red riding hood or three bears like you suggested might be a better idea. The bears/wolf could be the ghillie suits. Both those stories have the main characters as girls though but it shouldn't be a problem. I think we should do something like that at least to start out.

Last edited by Jordan; 20-01-2010 at 12:01 AM..
Old 20-01-2010   #31
SuperStaff
Could always change it up to. Like if you look at it, Avatar is really just Pochontis. Same story, idea, and everything just differnt enviroment.

So it could be like Little Red Riding Hood, but be about a sniper or something of that nature. For some reason I really want that annoying friend that pops up in every episode lol.
Old 20-01-2010   #32
PCN Senior
Ya, I definitely think little red riding hood for a first one. It shouldn't take too long to do. If it goes we could do avatar/a different fairy tale a couple days after. We could even film more than 1 in a day? Wasteland would be a perfect map for little red riding hood. The trails and houses will work perfectly.

So are you going to "direct" it since you have the capture card?
Old 20-01-2010   #33
SuperStaff
My capture card really isnt that great like I said lol, but if its what we need I can try. I have to figure out how to get it to work with Premiere Pro.

In the meantime Ill try scripting this tomorrow, see what I come up with. Then maybe you guys can look it over and make it funny.

Also I know the PC version has spectate mode with a free roam camera, is it the same deal for PS3? Im gonna go check out that map and get ideas of what to do later.
Old 20-01-2010   #34
PCN Senior
no the spectating on ps3 has buttons on screen, like 'chase' 'first person' etc, i was thinking also a random 'hood/ghetto' video would be funny also in favela, since the guys have bandanas and stuff lol but im up for anything tbh, should be fun :D
Old 21-01-2010   #35
SuperStaff
Can I reference drugs lol. Its like the only way i can think of making this funny.

I scouted the maps and I want to make a mix between Wasteland and Estate.
Old 21-01-2010   #36
PCN Senior
of course :D haha so what have you got in mind?.. "hey dude..dudee" "whatt" "can, can you see that spinning icon?" " yeah..its a nuke man" "ohh" lol
Old 21-01-2010   #37
SuperStaff
Something of that nature lol

Little red riding hood is such an easy parody
Old 21-01-2010   #38
PCN Senior
I never even realized how perfect estate would be for the house haha. I totally forgot about that. Since the grandma is sick a care package should be delivered to her.

For favela we could do a MW2 Rap! haha I bet it get tonnes of views.
Old 21-01-2010   #39
PCN Senior
red riding hood would be awesome, in estate or wasteland as stated :D and yeah a mw2 rap would be awesome haha
Old 21-01-2010   #40
SuperStaff
Lmao start working on the rap, thatd be badass!