Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: When will the next consoles come out? who will be first?
2010 1 14.29%
2011 1 14.29%
2012 2 28.57%
2013 0 0%
2014 1 14.29%
2015 2 28.57%
2016 1 14.29%
Sony will be first 0 0%
Microsoft will be first 3 42.86%
Same time 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Next geration of consoles?

i was wondering when you guys think the next systems will come out? people are saying the new Xbox will be out 2011 but microsoft has said since Natal that it is a 10 year system now. i really think we wont see one until 2013-2014 and do you think that Sony or Microsoft will come out with theirs first or same time.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Dont even wanna think about it, if you ask me the PS2 still had life in it
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I'm voting as late as possible, we haven't even got into the prime of this generation and the PS2 is still kicking with some life left, I can't see it going much past the end of this year though and the XBOX probably could have if Microsoft hadn't just cut it off. This generation has got plenty left to give us before the next one needs to happen, I mean supposedly the 360 hasn't been fully maxed out yet and the PS3 definitely hasn't been maxed out yet, the Wii has though, which isn't surprising since it wasn't meant to truly compete in this generation.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 05-07-2009 at 11:35 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #4
PCN Master
yea i dont think this generation is even close to giving us all it has yet but i jus tthink the companies want to be the first to get the next syestem ou there i mean yea they both have alot farther they can go and dont need another one but there are reports of certain companies already working on the "next" generation games
Old 06-07-2009   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
I wonder what the next generation will look like
i hope it can look like those cg rendered cutscenes likefor assassins creed 2

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I wouldn't be surprised to see this gen last for a long while. MS was trying to play catch up to Nintendo and Sony. That's why they released early. I think Sony and Nintendo are happy just riding the wave.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
riding the wave of what? last gen? cuz it seems like Nintendo is happy riding the Wii wave and Sony is trying to catch the 360
Old 06-07-2009   #8
PCN Addict
Sony is riding the wave they started in the 90's. Nintendo had a wave and it crashed. So, they had to swim to a new wave via the Wii. Don't get me wrong it's a big wave but I think we all agreee that it will crash as well. Remember Sony is on a 10yr life span for consoles. Is the 360 ahead in sales? Yeah sure! How long can that last? Really? May I remind you they do have an early start by a full year. Also Sony plans to sell 13million PS3's this year. No sweat off their back. I think Sony is willing to sit back and let the cards fall where they may. Cause, if you think about it, Sony has been doing this a lot longer than MS. Sony isn't afraid of competeition like MS (who just buys the competition) If Sony was worried I think we would've seen a huge price cut by now. The PS3 will turn 3 years old in Nov. and will have over 23million units sold and is in great sales shape for 2010 as well. So like I said earlier Sony is just riding the wave.
Old 06-07-2009   #9
PCN Master
yea i guess they are and you make some good points i mean the PS3 is actually selling faster than the 360 so it would be ahead right now if they came out the same year so ig uess they dont need to worry to much and i think when all is said and done they will win but i think they are trying to get the PS4 ready as soon as possible
Old 06-07-2009   #10
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i think late 2010 early 2011 for Microsoft and/or Nintendo. Sony is winning now and microsoft and nintendo will release earlier imo to combate the ps3
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #11
PCN Master
you think Microsoft will release a new Xbox by early 2011? i mean they have said that they will release that 360 thing with NATAL but i dont really see that as a new system just updating the current one
Old 06-07-2009   #12
MOD
well to compete with sony, its better to build a new system rather than upgrade because it would cost more then building one from scratch
Old 06-07-2009   #13
PCN Master
yea but they are talking about bringing out a new 360 SKU in late 2010 early 2011 with natal

http://www.360magazine.co.uk/general...rive-20102011/

i really dont think you will see a new system until like 2012 at the earliest but like i said earlier 2014 is when i expect to see them. Microsoft is sell alot of 360's right now i dont think they are in any rush to get a new one out there
Old 07-07-2009   #14
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
late 2010 is pretty early i wouldnt think they are in a rush cuz they do have good sales

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #15
PCN Addict
I think Microsoft is now in the position to make the decision of, either release a new console within a year or two OR wait and see how long they can ride this out. Remember they still need to make up the 1 billion they set aside for warranty on the RROD. (They aren't going to let that just slip away) Sony I think is in the better position to have their console on the market for longer without having to release a new SKU or PS4. It will be interesting to see this play out though. I think we will be able to better understand how this will develop after this holiday season and maybe in to spring 2010 (GOW III release).
Old 07-07-2009   #16
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
honestly, I don't really know what they could improve on a newer system, except grahpics but I still think that PS3s could go for a lot longer, Xbox 360s could probably go for some more as well
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #17
PCN Master
i honestly think that PS3 is already like the next generation in comparison to the 360 i mean the PS3 has HD video format something that the next xbox will add, it has the more powerfull Cell processor something the next xbox will try to catch (but prob will beat it) i can honestly see the PS4 being very similar to the PS3
Old 08-07-2009   #18
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
It seems to be the consensus amongst gaming journalists and most people I speak to
that they are perfectly happy with their current consoles, I am happy with the level
of visual quality put out and want to see this generation have a long healthy lifespan,
the Wii on the other hand will need some kinda overhaul at some point
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009   #19
PCN Master
yea i really havent heard of anyone that is calling for the next generation of consoles i mean think about it the PS2 is still selling how bad would that be if the new systems came out while the PS2 is still selling well
Old 09-07-2009   #20
MOD
the ps2 will always sell well due to its huge library of games that it has (1000+) and will always be selling even throe the hi def gaming console wars.

As for that, Microsoft releasing a Natal version of the 360 ain't going to put it higher than the ps3 due to its fundamental flaw in its architecture and construction. if Microsoft is to compete with Sony, the best thing is to make a more powerful system (obviously) with greater developer support than Sony had with the release of its system.

the only problem is that Microsoft had lost the HDDVD/Blu-ray war and would need to look for something equivalent to Blu-ray because and 18gb dual layer HDDVD ain't going to cut it anymore. i think that that is what Microsoft is researching right now along with their affiliates. After that, we could see the New XBOX come out in as little as a year after the discovery tho i think that the new disc would only known to developers and Microsoft.

then they would need to hit the market with a high end, low cost system that can rival Sony which is hard because it is know that Microsoft makes crappy software and hardware but is extremely well at marketing and selling its products for pennies on the Dollar. this would be Microsoft biggest challenge. that is why i am saying early 2011 to late 2011