Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network > Trophies
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-04-2009   #1
The New Guy =]
PSN ID: Flightbolt
How much do effort do you put into getting Trophies?

Personally, I think trophies are one the best functions the PS3 has. each game gets so much more replayability when they have trophies, it adds a lot to the game and I must say I'm quite a trophy whore.

To me I pretty much play games over and over until I have 100% and a Platinum.

Does everyone else go crazy getting trophies?
Antonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #2
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
no, not really, i wont replay go crazy trying to get a trophy but if its something fast and not much effort i'll go for it
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I don't go crazy over the trophies, however I will replay a game and put in the extra effort to get them. They're like badges of honor. And really, who doesn't want a few of those?

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #4
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Tacitcal_Fox
They only game, I'm putting everything in to get all the Trophies would be Battlefield Bad Company. Other than that I'll put the same effort in Bad Company 2 and God Of War III
Old 12-04-2009   #5
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
I'm a trophy whore, literally hahaha. Find me on the corner, offer me a trophy, and I'm yours for three hours.
But in all honesty, I really am a trophy whore hahaha. Level 9 right now, not because I have a lot of games (because I don't) but because I put so much effort into getting platinums lol. It's pretty sad, my friends always make fun of me for it but I don't care lol. It's fun, and it just means I'm getting more out of my game than a lot of other people.

That's the way I look at it, trophies are awesome and I put a lot of time into them. :)
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
I guess I am a Trophy-whore sort of but I don't have any Platinums, I'm about a Level 6 on PSN, and I don't have any games above 50% on the Trophy meter. So I guess I don't put forth that much effort to get Trophies but I do go crazy when I get them.
Dehshizknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #7
"The New Guy"
I like them, they add replay value, but I am not crazy over them
alcatraz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
they're kinda cool although I only have a few at the moment (like 3) I only play 2 games with trophies right now though, so that explains why I have so few of them. I am trying to get more though
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009   #9
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Resistance i did all my best to get the plat but other than that i havent really cared. I get the easy trophies then move on with most games lol. I really am not a person that wants to replay a game over and over, so if i see a game that makes you HAVE to replay the game to get the trophies i probably wont do it. Unless of course the game is amazing like Resistance or really fun.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009   #10
"The New Guy"
Iv got about 180 trophies but I never really try to get them. Iv got about 20% on all my games apart from Uncharted which I have all apart from complete on crushingly hard.
samsyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009   #11
1337 Sauce
I'm definitely a completionist: a game isn't complete until i have 100% on it. it can get a little tiring, but the beauty of seeing a list of "100%"s is awesome.
samsonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I've been getting more trophies on the games that I have with them, but my problem is I only play 2 with trophies
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009   #13
Staff
PSN ID: Kireinakiri
I go crazy on the games I like
for those I don't... screw them XD
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009   #14
SuperStaff
Infamous will be another game ill be trying 100 percent for. Its gonna take ages but this game is so addicting lol. BTW if anyone wants an easy Plat go get/rent Terminator...
Old 05-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i dotn really care about trophies and i think some of them are just stupid but i like to just play the game and if i get them cool if i dont then w/e. the only game that it can be said i am trying to get all the trophies in is LBP because i have beaten the game but alot of my friends want to play it so when ever they play i decide to try and get some trophies because i have already beaten the game
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #16
"The New Guy"
i dont really try overly hard to get them but it is nice to get some kind of reward for doing something in the game or something that is hard
Putty180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #17
PCN Master
i do like the addition to trophies though it does give it some replayabliity to people that want them
Old 05-06-2009   #18
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
I think trophies are cool, but I usually don't even have time to finish most games as it is, so I don't actively seek out trohpies.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #19
PCN Master
i will usually finish the game but most of the games that i have dont even have trophies in them any ways
Old 06-06-2009   #20
SuperStaff
It sucks that some devs wont go back and update their games with trophies. Capcom agest ago said they would be having trophies for DMC4. Then Kojima could easily add trophies to MGS4, you get rewarded for everything via in game trophies anyways....just turn those into trophies and people will be happy.

It cant be that hard, your basicly putting in code to trigger trophies in your game. Since its standard and not a single dev complained, i dont see how its hard to update old games.