Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > Playstation 2 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 30-04-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
if you got rid of your PS2 when you got your PS3, do you miss anything about PS2?

Before I got my PS3, I was afraid that I would miss my games 4 PS2 when I traded it in 4 store credit, but now that I have PS3, I do not really miss my PS2 because gameplay on the PS3 is amazing, but I sort of miss the games
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #2
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I am sort of in a different position. I am a born again Playstation-er. I went to the orighinal xbox right when it came out and totally missed games on the PS2 (even sold it)due to my bias nature. But my girlfriend bought me a 80gb with software b/c PS3 for Christmas in 2007 and have pretty much been playing it since then. I have

Now I find myself on the internet looking for these PS2 games (GoW I,II all the Metal Gear, ICO, Shadow of Colossus and Killzone) that I missed out on and also I find myself debating if I should just pick up a new slimline PS2 cause the b/c on PS3 is not that great.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i still have my ps2 but i ONLY use it as a DVD player on my other tv but that is probably because i have a 60GB that will play PS2 games and i have been playing though the GoW games so that i can get pumped for GoW III cuz that looks AMAZING
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #4
"The New Guy"
i still play PS2 games but i use my PS3 so i really dont use my PS2 anymore
Putty180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
But why woudl you get rid of your PS2 when you got your PS3? especially on a trade in so they can give you wat 20 bucks for it? that is just stupid to me i would rather keep and stuff than anything else
Old 05-06-2009   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Whenever i upgrade i always go in with a sense of "ok keep it because ill be playing both!" and that never happens lol. Went for PlayStation to PS2 and PS1 went for N64, which went to collect dust. PS2 went for PS3 and i tried keeping it but all 3 PS2's went to family instead lol, including my 81 games i had for it. For free, im that generous, didnt even get an N64 this time! PS3 offers alot more to it though so i dont know what will happen with PS4, it will be hard to outdo greatness and who know maybe PS3 will still find use.

The only time i "missed" PS2 was when i got an Xbox, yes ive owned one. We got it and somehow i got to hook it up in place of my PS2 and that was a mistake on part. It had Halo 1 and 2, Fable, and all the "great" games Xbox had. They just were not for me, wasnt interested or anything and i put my PS2 back and gave the xbox to family, which ended up breaking it and buying a PS2 anyways lol. Truth is once you get connected to PS exclusives, there is no leaving, or you will miss ratchet, or socom, or resistance, or whatever your favorite is and there is no replacing it.

The only thing i miss about PS2 is walking into Bestbuy and seeing an aisle FILLED with all kinds of games, anything from casual to hardcore, it was all there. Now a days it seems like if the game isnt top quality it wont be on shelves just yet. Which is GREAT but at the same time i miss randomly picking up a game and finding myself enjoying it somehow. Metropolismania anyone?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I got kinda the same feeling as u Dustin. Before I got my PS2, I had a Nintendo Gamecube and when I got my PS2, I kept my Gamecube because I thought I would still play it, but I didn't
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #8
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
I have B/C on mine (60gb launch sku ftw lol) so no. I actually went out to gamestop and bought 10 or so used PS2 games for 50 bucks soon after I got my PS3 just because there were hardly any PS3 games I wanted to play. I've not touched the old PS2 games in over a year though, plenty of good PS3 games out now.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
when ever i got the new system i kept the old one thinking i would still play it or w/e but the new ones are backwards compatable but even then i dont play the old games to often Exception: GoW 1 and 2 because i want to get through those before GoW 3
Old 10-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I've got the same thing, I bought a backwards compatible PlayStation 3, albeit the 80GB MotorStorm console so it can't play any of the Ratchet and Clank games and I thought well it will fill in the gap between my PlayStation 3's problems with compatibility but I don't play the console at all. It's not a problem since I got others in my house who still enjoy the system, so I won't sell it, plus I've got too much invested into it to want to sell it, mainly because it's a "fat" model with the Network Adapter and the PS2 Hard Drive installed and I just don't like the look of the new console, plus despite numerous trips with me and being whacked against a bus seat, that console still works as well as the day I got it.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
dude i also got the "fat" model with the Network adapter and hard drive never really used the hard drive. but i was wondering how much you could see those on Ebay for. i mean you dont ever seen them on there and i am sure there is a few people that have the older version and are like man wish i coudl findone.