Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 11-09-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
crappy analog sticks

Ok so my analog sticks on one of my controllers sucks, it sticks so if im playing a game the character is always moving forward if i dont move the stick down. Is there a safe lubricant that can be used to make it not stick?
Matt1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #2
Staff
The sticks on one of mine squeak when I use it, so I tried putting WD40 in it and oil, neither really made much of a difference. Its probably better to get another controller to be honest. When I used either thing, I didn't use my controller for a couple of days because I didn't want it to short circuit. But as far as I know oil shouldn't conduct electricity, so it should be safe to use that.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
If its a new controller its gonna do that sometimes till you use it for a while. Just spin the joystick around for like a minute and it will stop catching and your good. If its an old controller and just started doing it, then its getting worn down and probably needs to be replace.

My stupid dpad broke so it always holds right, had to buy a new luckily the blue controllers just came out.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well WD-40 isn't really a lubricant, all it's really meant for is to free rusted parts and displace water, silicone lube though apparently works well, or graphite shavings, sincve that's actually the original lubricant. To use any of these though you'll need to disassemble the controller, for this just consult YouTube and find a good tutorial that you can understand. Once it's disassembled it's just a matter of lubing up the analog stick and you should be good. They key though is be light on lubricant, don't think more is better, it's not in this case.
Old 11-09-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Just one tip for taking them apart, putting them back together sucks big time unless you have one of the very new controllers. The older ones havel ike 4 peices for the top shoulder area that are a pain in the butt to hold together while you snap it all back together.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #6
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well WD-40 isn't really a lubricant, all it's really meant for is to free rusted parts and displace water, silicone lube though apparently works well, or graphite shavings, sincve that's actually the original lubricant. To use any of these though you'll need to disassemble the controller, for this just consult YouTube and find a good tutorial that you can understand. Once it's disassembled it's just a matter of lubing up the analog stick and you should be good. They key though is be light on lubricant, don't think more is better, it's not in this case.
Why didn't I think of that?! Thanks man, I do have some silicon for my treadmill, so I'll use that later on.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote