Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 04-03-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
is 450 quid good for a ps3 and 29 games

hey i might sell my ps3 so just thinking is 450 good
bigheadboi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
It depends on some factors, mainly what model is the PlayStation 3, if you've got an older model such as the 20GB or 60GB models the console is worth significantly more than other models such as the 40GB. Also what are the games you're trying to get rid of, if some are new releases then obviously you'll get more but if a bunch of them are old titles no one really wants then you might have a problem and the condition of your console/age.

Also take into consideration a brand new PlayStation 3 can be picked up for ?269.99 from Amazon in the UK and that comes with a free game of your choice, a full 1 year warranty and is brand new.

To me right now though after browsing eBay UK quickly unless you have a rarer 20GB or 60GB console, you're asking too much, used consoles are going for under ?200 and ?200 happens to be the starting point for used 20GB consoles, although don't take my research as absolute proof, if you didn't notice I do live in North America so I'm basing everything off what I find in Internet research.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 04-03-2010 at 03:38 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #3
"The New Guy"
i have a 40gb but i have dj hero , guitar hero 5, modern warfare2, fifa 10, socom confrontation, shaun white snowboarding and the rest are alright games
Old 04-03-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Being a 40GB significantly changes the value since it's the lowest hard drive size available with no PS2 compatibility (thus making it identical to current models in terms of features), consoles at that size go for under ?150 and looking at eBay even one with 7 games included is selling for only ?160 and that includes all the cords including HDMI and an extra controller.

So figuring about ?100 for the console, another ?7-10 for SOCOM (unless it includes the headset, then you can get ?20-30), ?50 for DJ Hero, another ?30 for Modern Warfare 2, ?50-60 for Guitar Hero 5, ?25-30 for FIFA 2010, ?15 for Shaun White and an average ?8 value for the 23 other games comes to a grand total of over ?450 so you might be able to get that. My suggestion is try selling it for ?450 on eBay or a local classifieds website or paper and see what happens, if you can get a sale great, if not you'll probably want to knock the price down at least ?50. Just stick to a private sale, trading into a game store is not going to get you that kind of money.
Old 04-03-2010   #5
Staff
No matter how many games you have, you won't get ?450. I'd suggest offering it at ?300 + 15 of the games (a few good ones, then mostly old ones).

Then I'd sell the rest of the games separately on ebay, I know it seems like a hassle, but you should get AT LEAST ?10 per game = ?140, and most likely you'll get more.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #6
"The New Guy"
ok thanks i might sell to my mate and he said that that would be fine but i might do what you said
Old 07-04-2010   #7
"The New Guy"
How much did you get for it in the end?