Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 10-03-2010   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Move over Natal a possible new name for the PS3 motion controller?

Well, It appears that there may be another possible name for the PS3 motion controller "Move". I guess Sony is trying confuse people. Not to mention they had too many leaks last year. Read article here.

I don't care what they call it just bring the cool games with it. Though Move doesn't sound all that great but just think of the marketing you can do with it. I like to move it move it. Move it !!!! The ole young mc busta a move... The possibilities are endless. Well we will found out what the thing a ma bob will be called in couple of hours any way....
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I think Arc > Gem and Move
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #3
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
PS3's motion controller, PS Move is announced at GDC. (yawn, i watched the conference at 5 30 in the morning )

Uses a motion controller to simulate anything from a Tabletennis bat, to a sword. Uses the PS Eye to track body movements.

Playstaion Move + PS Eye + a game will come at less than $100.

Demos of different games were displayed out of which the most impressive was Motion Fighters, a street figthing game. A little bit of lag on one of his special moves, but we don't know whether he played the move right.

Other games demoed were
LBP
SOCOM 4 (yes, comes with full motion support)
games champion - contains a lot of other games; something like wii sports resort . Games demoed were table tennis, and a arena fighting game called gladiator.

Table tennis - different actions were mapping. top spin, slice, smashes, just as you would play with a real bat.
Gladiators - uses two motion controllers, one for the sword and one for the shield.

Top third party developers developing games with Move support
EA
Activision
Ubi
Konami among others.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Well, I'm finally glad to see something from Sony that is real and other people got to play. So we should be getting some feedback from those experiences soon. From what I saw I was impressed and hopefully all this Natal is "game changer" talk will go away.

By the way the Sony people were talking the motion controller code can be easily inserted into a game. So we may see some older games incorporate this technology. I think at E3 there will be more production and the wow factor will be upped. But all in all good presentation.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #5
Staff
I can see why they called it Move though, seemed a little strange at first, but it's using the same thought process as Nintendo was when they thought up the name "Wii."
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote