Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 30-08-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Car List for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Outed

Yes thanks to a commenter on Kotaku we now have a list of all the cars that will be featured in Criterion's new game, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

I won't bother posting the entire list but some notable highlights include:

Audi R8 Spyder 5.2 FSI quattro
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport
Ford Police Interceptor Concept
Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake
Lamborghini Revent?n Roadster
Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35)
Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
Porsche Carrera GT

Although it was already on my list, this list of cars is just further cementing the fact I will be getting this game although Gran Turismo 5 is still ahead of it regardless.
Old 30-08-2010   #2
Staff
Wow, nice list. Surprised that they have got such big name cars in there. I wonder if the physics/speed for the cars will be right.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Chevy Camaro SS....SOLD! haha! I was iffy on GT until they showed an SS in that too then I went and pre ordered that day.

Im iffy on physics though. I played a tiny bit at E3 and it was really arcadish, but like hitting cops and what not didnt really seem to do a ton of damage like youd expect.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010   #4
PCN Master
If that's the way cars handle/damage then it sounds more like the Need for Speed games of yesteryear (Hot Pursuit 2, Most Wanted, etc.) and not the more recent titles like ProStreet. In a way I don't find that a bad thing though as Hot Pursuit was always meant to be over the top chases and antics.

The only thing left is to figure out is what games I can afford to pre-order and what has to wait until Christmas.
Old 30-08-2010   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Yeah dont get me wrong, its not a horrible thing. Just dont pick the game up expecting to have Shift like physics and what not, but with cops. This isnt a NFS Underground, its Hot Persuit, its more arcadish than it is a racer.

I compare it with Burnout Paradise, but not so much emphasis on the crashes cus its not like that.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010   #6
PCN Master
I never liked ProStreet or Shift, in essence this is exactly what I've wanted out of a racing game lately, the closest thing before this was Blur but I can't bring myself to support Activision by buying that game. If they can deliver a Hot Pursuit 2 like game with modern cars, graphics, some decent multi-player and a feel like the old games, I might be playing this title quite a lot (I mean to date Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 is still one of my favorite video games).

For me the only racer I want for realism is Gran Turismo 5 because that destroys anything else just in the sheer number of cars available, let alone the physics/driving feel.