Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-06-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Who is ready for the new Zune?

I saw the pictures of the new zune HD and the features it will have and i cant wait. Ive loved my zune since i bought it, back when they first launched, and think ill spend the money on a new one. Will have better wifi support and of course touch screen! The greatest thing about zune is the radio, here in AZ we actually have good radio stations and i enjoy listening to them. Its a major plus when you have it blaring in your car too. So HD sound will only make things better.

I own an ipod and when hooking them up to my Bose headphones, my car, and my surround there is a MAJOR differnce in sound quality. So HD will just be wow. If your an apple fanatic that never even tried Zune personally as your own, this topic isnt for you. Thats why its in the microsoft section...

Im expecting a 200 price tag? Ill be buying it, even though its MS answer to PSP Go, so im sure it will be around october too. The only thing its missing is actual buttons....I keep my current zune in my pocket all the time and just reach down and press skip song or what not. With a touchscreen your forced to pull it out and press next, i wont like that, ill need button support mainly for play/pause and skip song.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i have never had a Zune before but they seem pretty cool but for the most part it seems like it is for people that just REALLY dont like Apple or the hype of the iPod which i am totally down for. but for me i will probably just get the PSP GO! for christmas or something. but do you have a link to the specs for it?
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #3
SuperStaff
My bad i though i posted links
Offical site with the sexy design
http://www.zune.net/en-us/mp3players/zunehd/default.htm

Here is some more details about it
http://www.zunescene.com/

As for the "its for people that hate apple" not so much. Im not an apple person and ill completely agree with that, but i can respect quality. For example their computers are good for video stuff, and thats what i do, i just hate the OS and overall quality of their machines.

However i have both Ipods and Zunes in my home, even PSPs, and the Zune outdoes them all for sound quality. Now the screen (please note i have a launch zune and its dated) is not the best, kinda small and isnt the greatest of picture quality. Ive hooked it up to everything though and there seriously is a major differnce from ipod to zune. I have bose headphones that prove it to my friends. The ipod focuses more on being loud than sound quality, thats kinda why you can hear ipods playing across the room and not so much with zune. (its a plus, and negetive, zunes could be louder imo)

Like i said though i hope they add buttons. I rather keep it in my pocket then have to drag it out every song i dont want to listen to atm. I buy zunes purely to listen to music with occasional tv watching, so all the extra features dont really matter to me unless im buying a PSP. The cool thing about Zune is they have been doing the "app" thing longer than Ipod, they realeased a toolset for Zune where you can build your own programs and games.

Looks neat though huh?
Old 06-06-2009   #4
Staff
PSN ID: Kireinakiri
just get a PSP go and it's gonna do the exact same thing
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #5
PCN Master
i think i woudl rather have the PSP GO! but if they would have added a touch screen on the PSP GO! that would have been MONEY and i would have easily got one now im just kinda wanting to get one
Old 06-06-2009   #6
SuperStaff
I had a PSP, sound quality wasnt the greatest and its too bulky to keep in your pocket. Its decent for the car though cus of movies and the screen. PSP Go looks slimmer, but Zunes design is way better, plus it will probably have 60 to 80 GB on board memory. PSP Go wont get that until the second or third release of it.....
Old 06-06-2009   #7
"The New Guy"
nah,I'm fine with my 120gig iPod.Microsoft makes crappy products anyway.I really can not understand why people buy their devices.The 360 is defective,Windows and it's applications are buggy and the Zune is known for it's unreliability as well and constant freezing.
DarthNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #8
SuperStaff
Ive honestly had my Zune since 2006 i believe, or 2007 whenever they launched, and it never broke and never froze lol. It has like 4 thousand songs on it and is on almost 24/7 let alone being accidently dropped everyday haha.
Old 06-06-2009   #9
PCN Master
the orginal Xbox was good the 360 was just rushed out the door so that is why it is so buggy. i have not heard of anyone having problems with the zune and everyone that i know that has one LOVES it. Plus i HATE apple with a passion
Old 08-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I've had my Zune 80GB for almost a year now and it's definitely one great machine, it's not bulky like a PSP, doesn't run out of space like my PSP does, although that one is partially my fault since I only have a 1GB Memory Stick but I never have seen an excuse to buy a larger one, and it definitely has great sound quality, plus the screen on it can't be beat by the iPod. Plus the Zune software I find is easier to use and doesn't bundle all the Apple crapware that Apple installs alongside iTunes or tries to get you to install with every update to iTunes or blue screens my home PC if you leave the iPod plugged into it when you restart the system. As a note Apple, when I install something I don't expect it to install 3 unnecessary programs and be constantly reminded to download a browser I don't want and is terrible, thank god that's on my home PC and is for my sisters iPod, my laptop is Apple free and runs better because of it. Back to the Zune though, having the radio is definitely a plus as sometimes you want to hear the local news on the go or hear some new tunes and Zune lets you do it along with some fine games to play while you listen. Am I going to buy a Zune HD, probably not as there are no HD radio stations around me, the games on it currently are fine and I can download more if I want and my Zune is perfectly fine for my needs.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 08-06-2009 at 07:08 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #11
PCN Master
Zune has Radio that is pretty awesome but if i was to get an MP3 player that isnt the PSP i would prob get a Zune.
Old 15-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
It's funny too, over the past few days I actually realized I drop my Zune a lot and most of the time onto hard surfaces and it just keeps on going, doesn't even skip playing music when dropped, although I can chalk part of that up to the case I bought for it, one of those hard shell cases, although any MP3 player or piece of portable electronics should have a case around it, I learned the hard way with my PSP since I didn't have a screen protector on it and left it in my pocket with my keys, by the time it was out, I had put 5 deep scratches into the screen. I honestly think my Zune will outlast most MP3 players lives, so if I get 3 years out of it, I'm more than happy since that beats any iPod's usable life.
Old 18-06-2009   #13
"The New Guy"
Have you seen the specs on the ZuneHD? They are sick... this thing's power really puts every portable device to shame. The new Zune is likely using an APX 2500 or 2600 processor, which combines an ARM11 processor with a GeForce-based graphics core and controllers for memory and output. The design has just enough performance to display 720p at full resolution when using HDMI and, notably, also supports 3D rendering performance much faster than most handheld devices. Using Tegra indirectly supports rumors of possible legacy Xbox game support but is most likely to be used for 3D transition effects as well as Zune-specific 3D games.
Cueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #14
PCN Master
Well the FCC is seeing it know, both in 16GB and 32GB models as showcased by Engadget. They even have a photo of it:

In that photo the Zune even appears to be running Windows CE so it is definitely shaping up to a beautiful piece of tech, I mean 720p video out of a device with a touch screen at that size is just amazing. Too bad I already got my BlackBerry Curve (Portable Internet access) and already own a Zune otherwise I might be buying one.

Also a photo of the dock for linking to a T.V:

Last edited by X_Racer1; 10-08-2009 at 09:21 PM..
Old 10-08-2009   #15
SuperStaff
That pretty much sold it for me, ill be buying one. Keep my current Zune in my car and use that one for walking around. I was hoping for more memory but 32 GB will do. I have one of the launch 30 GB anyways and have yet to fill it up, about half way currently.

Seriously just wish it had buttons for skip and pause.
Old 10-08-2009   #16
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i'll pass. i have my iphone and my ipod touch which kick the crap outta zune so im good
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #17
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
The new model is really sleek looking but I think the big distinguishing factor between
it and the iPod touch will be in the community support for Apps.

Right now the iPod touch is just so much more versatile with the app store, I have apps
that range from an every day dictionary to subway route planners.

I personally do not like the smarmy nature that is inherent with some of Apple's products
but will give credit where credit is due in acknowledging that the iPod touch will be
tough to dethrone
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #18
SuperStaff
Well Apple is good at one thing, marketing. they have the slightest idea about anything and they market the hell out of it until it begins to sell. They could market a peice of poop and get thousands of people to buy it.

Zune has been doing the App thing for quite sometime. It isnt as robust as the app store no, but it was there first. People are making games, apps, or just stupid little things they can think of. ITs also using Visual Studio so the coding language is alot easier to learn and handle. I havent personally used the Iphone app thing so i dont know how they code those so i cant really say im a ood jude on that. However I believe if MS follows suite by marketing the zune correctly and having further support for Zune apps (hell if its running that OS its 50 miles ahead already) then it can give ipod a run for its money. Its funny because its the same boat as Sony and the PS3, you have this stuff, but they dont market it correctly to challenge the leader.

Still Ipod is namebrand and its not going away anytime soon.
Old 11-08-2009   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
The first time I saw that this was all MS could come up with

I knew the zune was doomed :[
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #20
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
The first time I saw that this was all MS could come up with

I knew the zune was doomed :[
To the Zune's credit, and even though I'm a huge Apple fanboy / Microsoft hater, I really liked the Zune's interface:

Its simplicity, in my opinion, is very attractive.