Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 11-11-2008   #1
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
What If...

What if Apple made a console as good as the ps3. i mean like you can store your music,movies,pictures whatever on it with ipod integration as well.

do you guys think it would take off or crash and burn
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #2
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
i seriously think that it would crazy because Microsoft has the ultimate music experience on their console so far and if apple made a console it would have to turn into a Wii because i don't see people buying a console just because they can dock their ipod and if they do i hope that it doesn't take off because that's one stupid marketing idea
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #3
I don't think it would sell as much as the DS, Wii, or iPod, but I do think it would be profitable for Apple.
Old 11-11-2008   #4
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by svalbard View Post
I don't think it would sell as much as the DS, Wii, or iPod, but I do think it would be profitable for Apple.
not a hand held system (although that would be cool) but a physical need hookup to tv system.
Old 11-11-2008   #5
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Panzerdemon
apple should stay with their mac and music they don't have what it takes to compete with Microsoft or Sony.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #6
MOD
Microsoft didn't have what it took to compete with sony but they still did (by stealing ideas from the ps2 and makin it better for the xbox)

i think apple does have what it takes and can challenge them
Old 21-11-2008   #7
PCN Member
I think it could go either way. Simply because #1. Its apple, so that means its obviously going to have a good looking system. #2. If apple did make this system the games for it would be...? #3. It might be a little pricey considering majority of apple's other products.

"Henshin"
-Kamen Rider

I bleed green.
hotfiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I don't think it would have as much of a fan base as Microsoft or Sony has, and It would be a whole new system for developers to work with when making games which means more 1) developers, or 2) longer game development times, which could, in time, increase the price of games yet again, and I don't think anyone wants that. But, then again, it is Apple, and if anyone can make it happen it's them.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008   #9
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
It would fail. Its apple...I mean they are good at making computers or ipods but consoles is something entirely differnt.

1 You cant release a new console every 6 months. 2 It cant be pricey....apple is not good at competing with price. they would make the ps3 priced at 600 seem cheap. 3 They are suposedly good at working with third parties to make games but what first parties would they have to support them? Sony has taken the cake here and microsoft is right there with them. 4 What OS is it gonna run? Probably something apple based that most game developers will not enjoy.

Just put it in simple terms. When it comes to PC game microsoft completely destroys them no arguing about it at all. Games that do happen to go to mac come out months later etc....Apple entering the console market would make this worse and Microsoft would close alot of ties with them which they dont want.

Microsoft is known for computer equipment etc and had the resources to make games and compete with Sony with Xbox. Sony is known for electronics and worked with nintendo in the early days so they knew what the hell they were doing. Nintendo was and still is a pure video game company.

The only way Apple could do anything is if we see another wii system. To be honest we dont want to see this, it wont work the second time, and will fail because its completely based to rival the wii.

The only people supporting it will be Apple fanboys which will buy anything and everything that has an apple on it. I dont want to see a igame system sorry....

If Apple truly wants to enter the console wars they are better off starting a video game studio and release games on the other console and see how that goes.

This is just my opinion but yeah....
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008   #10
"The New Guy"
I could see it being a big hit, apple practically cant do wrong these days. It seems unnecessary though so if it flopped it could really hurt them.
musiclovr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008   #11
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
iPhone 3G? Last i heard there was a huge amount of bugs in it. ****ed a lot of people off I believe

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote