Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > Playstation 2 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-06-2007   #61
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargantou View Post
You expressed yourself very badly there, whilst Microsoft certainly has less experience in the CONSOLE market, they far from have less experience in the GAMING market.
Heck, I think Microsoft started making games far before Sony did, ever heard of Microsoft Flight Simulator?
thats what i meant by gaming, consol wars.
anyways i agree with ninja.
who cares about who wins and who loses.
in the end, they make the money and really don't care about the consumer
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007   #62
I own your soul! (Mod)
The PS3 is shiny. I like this. :p
Old 16-06-2007   #63
PCN Senior
I don't think the ps3 is dying, it's just not realizied on the market right now just give it a little while you will see
Mr. 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007   #64
PCN Senior
too ahead of its time or somein like that.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007   #65
PCN Senior
you really think so???????????
Old 17-06-2007   #66
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
i think that they are planning for the future, which is good, cuz analysts are saying that the Wii hype will die down soon, but who knows, but if HD-DVD wins over BluRay, then sony is screwed
Old 17-06-2007   #67
PCN Senior
I don't think it will be scewed because game developers still have to use them to make games, and thats alot of disc's per title
Old 18-06-2007   #68
PCN Senior
yea the wii will die out eventually the gamecube kinda did the same but didnt sell as many in the first 6-10 monthes sold like crazy and then suddenly all the sales just left when there was only mario and zelda games out on it and it werent gettin any exclusives. i would highly doubt BD will lose considering that a cheap affordable mass market player is about to be released and it is consistently out sellin HDDVD and most studios are backing it and Blockbuster now only rents DVD's and BD's in 1500/8000 of its stores worldwide and that number will increase.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
Old 18-06-2007   #69
PCN Senior
let's hope it does, blockbuster just that right, because i didn't see any in my store??
Old 19-06-2007   #70
I own your soul! (Mod)
So, you're saying that consoles without a lot of third party support die quite quickly? Let me take a look at the consoles which have lost out a lot of Third party support this time around.

Xbox 360: Nope, they still have plenty.
Nintendo Wii: They're building up their companies again, plenty of people want a piece of that action.
Sony Ps3: Yes, they lost ALOT, a heck of ALOT, and with such poor sales they're not bound to gain any.
Old 19-06-2007   #71
PCN Senior
Man why you got have to hate on ps3 like that?????????????
Old 19-06-2007   #72
PCN Senior
Yes but these 3rd partys are still makin the games on the PS3 anyway so there aint any loss to anyone just a gain for 360 but not much of a gain seeing as most multiplatform 3rd party games are said to be better on the PS3 (Capcom are one the few 3rd partys that are making the games the same). Rockstar's GTAIV will be better on the PS3 because of the HDD in every console and BD and dont bring up the episodic content for the 360 MS payed $50million for that and basically covered the costs for GTAIV so Rockstar are happy that content was originally going to PS3 and 360 but MS have to play dirty and try to get more customers but havent advertised this fact and most people are not aware of the content being only 360 so MS once again shoot them selves in the foot.
Ninja it would have been better if you used a past generation instead of todays generation like the Genesis generation or PS2 generation.

Old 19-06-2007   #73
I own your soul! (Mod)
Well, Sega dreamcast had enough support (as far as I can tell), so I guess it's not all reliant on third party stuff, it just seems like sony have alienated themselves a tad, stuck their fingers in their ears and started screaming.
Old 19-06-2007   #74
PCN Senior
what are you talking about, third-party developers don't have to develop for everybody to make a game system successful......
Old 20-06-2007   #75
I own your soul! (Mod)
They kinda do, gamecube had a pitiful array of third party, whereas third party practicaly made the ps2.
Old 20-06-2007   #76
"The New Guy"
Third party is important, but any third party is going to make for a system they think they can sell on. As much as people would like ot be loyal, they need money to feed their families. Once Playstation has its price drop and sales go up they will be fine. Once the wii sales slow down they will start to lose third party. This is all going to take time and Sony new that when they released. They gambled and it will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 20-06-2007   #77
PCN Senior
The gamble should pay off with in a year with the rumored price drop and other 3rd party exclusive titles like MGS4,FFXIII,Tekken 6,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,Time Crisis 4 and others.There 1st party line up is strong to hold the PS3 up for awhile but not forever 3rd party titles do help but when you have the amount of 1st party titles Sony you dont need to worry has much.

Old 20-06-2007   #78
PCN Senior
okayy stop i missing somthing, game developers are in parties right 3, 1st party, 2nd party, and 3rd party right, okay who is in what, for example square-enix is a 3rd, activision is a 2nd, and thq is a 3rd, somthing like that right
Old 20-06-2007   #79
"The New Guy"
Thats a good question. I just assumed first pasty was the company that produced the console and everything else was third party, so if someone could explain 2nd party that would be great.
Old 20-06-2007   #80
PCN Senior
so is first party the sony????????