Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 25-08-2010   #1
"The New Guy"
Rock Band Import Key

hi, as i posted in the other section i will be getting my 3rd PS3 after nearly a year without one, on my 1st and 2nd ones i had rock band, and then purchased rock band 2 and paid for the import key tool thingy so i could get all (well most) of the RB songs into the RB2 game. my question is, with all the other RB variations out now, would i need to purchase new tools to import each game or does that 1 tool cover all importing, and secondly, as its been a while i cant remember if there were also codes on the instruction booklet too, meaning if i bought a second hand game that had already had the tracks imported but another account i would not be able to import them again into my account.
hope that makes sense, thanks in advance.
paradisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
You only need it for Rock Band to Rock Band 2, since they were core games. Im not sure how Rock Band 3 is going to work.

All the others are "expansions" so they have the option to just install the music to the hard drive. At which you pop in Rock Band 2 and all the songs are there ready for you.

Im not sure what your asking for the second part. You cant "re use" the key if its already been used. The music also wont work if you login to a differnt account either, its pretty stupid but thats how it is. All the music just disapears, even your DLC.

If your asking if the code is in the game. I beleive it was free in Rock Band 2 for a while, but you just have to pay 5 dollars and you can download the unlock off the store now.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010   #3
"The New Guy"
the second part of the question was, from, what i can remember, on the back of the instructions books, but it could of been guitar hero as i had lots of them too, there was a code, which when typed into the main game imported the songs. the more i think about it the more i think it might of actually been the GH series that did this.
so if i bought RB2 and setup my new PS3 with my old PSN ID i can download all the DLC i had previously paid for and use them in the game. likewise if i go out and buy RB:GreenDay & RB:Lego the songs will be able to get imported into RB2 FREE and i can sell the other games on?
also, i had purchased the import key on my old PS3 and imported RB1 tracks into RB2, so if i purchased a copy of RB1 likewise if my account is the same as it was on the original PS3 the import should still be free?

Last edited by paradisiac; 25-08-2010 at 12:42 PM..
Old 25-08-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
As long as my AC/DC Live track pack is the same process as the other Rock Band track packs, there is indeed a code on the back of the manual that then allows you to DOWNLOAD (hence adding it to your PlayStation Store download list for re-download) a track pack with all the songs from the disc game. Problem is it's a one use code so used copies will not allow you to add the songs to Rock Band 1 or 2, a used copy will only let you play the songs on the original disc so the resale value on these is very low due to not being able to import songs after the code is used.

That being said, if you buy a track pack and redeem the code, the track pack download is tied to your PSN account for good so you can resell the games (you just won't get much for them). This also means as long as you remember your old account credentials, you will be able re-download the track packs you already redeemed for as well.

On a side note, while I don't recommend trying this because if it doesn't work, you're stuck with a useless game, if you buy a used copy of a Rock Band track pack, you can try contacting EA, state the code doesn't work and ask for a new code. I did that with my copy of Rock Band 2 and after 2 weeks of keeping after them I got a code for the 20 free songs promotion they were doing with new copies. Strictly speaking though they don't have to give it to you, so unless you can find a used copy of a track pack dirt cheap, I suggest just buying them new.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 25-08-2010 at 12:51 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010   #5
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
As long as my AC/DC Live track pack is the same process as the other Rock Band track packs, there is indeed a code on the back of the manual that then allows you to DOWNLOAD (hence adding it to your PlayStation Store download list for re-download) a track pack with all the songs from the disc game. Problem is it's a one use code so used copies will not allow you to add the songs to Rock Band 1 or 2, a used copy will only let you play the songs on the original disc so the resale value on these is very low due to not being able to import songs after the code is used.

That being said, if you buy a track pack and redeem the code, the track pack download is tied to your PSN account for good so you can resell the games (you just won't get much for them). This also means as long as you remember your old account credentials, you will be able re-download the track packs you already redeemed for as well.
ok thankyou for that, so in theory then my original RB1 that i imported might not require the RB1 disc to import into RB2 when i buy it? or does it rip the files from the dics to the HDD so would still require the disc? sorry im confusing myself.
Old 25-08-2010   #6
SuperStaff
Yes if you setup your old account everything will transfer over.

Also note that Lego Rock Band is its own game. It wont let you transfer songs over, but you can use the DLC and what not you buy online in that game. I dont know why, but it wouldnt let me transfer those songs to RB2, and it wouldnt let me transfer RB2 to it.

For RB1 what happens is you buy the thing, start RB2 and click import the songs, i believe it asks you insert RB1 disc and it will download all the songs to the HDD. After that the RB1 disc is useless.
Old 26-08-2010   #7
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post

For RB1 what happens is you buy the thing, start RB2 and click import the songs, i believe it asks you insert RB1 disc and it will download all the songs to the HDD. After that the RB1 disc is useless.
so i would have to re-purchase a copy of RB1 to import the tracks into RB2, which is what i seem to remember what i did before, shame it doesnt store the tracks on the PSN Store though.
Old 26-08-2010   #8
SuperStaff
No I think the key is sold on the PS Store. ID just look there before rebuying the game. I cant remember since i did this way back when RB2 came out, and havent touchedthe first disc since.
Old 26-08-2010   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The key isn't the problem, the fact remains you have the rights to transfer the music off the disc on your download list, the actual songs aren't in your PlayStation Store download list as they are transferred directly from the real Rock Band 1 disc (unlike the track packs which simply give you permission to download a DLC pack from the PS Store with the songs contained on the disc). That being said, you don't need to buy the game, just go rent a copy for like two days, you only need the game to transfer the music, once that's done you'll never need it again.
Old 27-08-2010   #10
"The New Guy"
well the ps3 arrived yesturday and i have transfered everything back off the PSN Store, now all i need to do is buy some of the games to get going again. new problem is now with singstar, AGAIN!!! i had this with my last PS3, i deactivated my account from my first (and second) PS3, but when i went to import my singstar songs on my second (and now third) PS3 it says they are already active on another PS3. so another phone call i feel to sony to get this sorted, AGAIN!!!!