Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-08-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
what do you guys think about project Natal...

and Milo

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
milo is creepy and i would not like Natal at all i mean i like having something in my hand because that will be a whole lot more accurate and easier to do stuff
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I think Natal is good for Sony more than anything. They have had the Eye out for a while now but somewhat pushed it aside as an accesory. Now that Natal is coming, Sony is pushing the tech a bit more with things like Eye pet, or motion tracking, or 3d spaces. Even their motion controllers work with it, and to be honest i rather play tennis with those because its in your hand and your not just swinging air like natal.

The truth is the tech was always there for Sony, just they were so occupied with other things. MS kinda ran into a wall, saw the potential and now they are hoping to climb over the wall with it, while Sony is like yeah whatever nothing new to us.

I honestly think MS will push Natal harder than Sony will push the Eye though. Sony has the motion controllers and alot of other potential with PS3 that they dont really need to bother with Eye as much as MS desperatly needs something like Natal to spark interest. Its the same with motion controllers, Sony didnt think it was perfected yet and were too focused on other things, while Nintendo needed a wake up call, so we get sixaxis from sony (complete motion controls later) and nintendo jumps all over the Wii. Sony wont let MS run that far though, they will nudge Eye here and there to keep up, but overall i predict MS talks about Natal at E3 shows while Sony merely mentions an Eye game and nothing more.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yeah i agree with you on the difference between what Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are doing but i do think that Natal is just a rip off of the PSeye and then 360 fans just say well it has 3d motion tracking does the PSeye? im just like w/e but i think Natal is more software than hardware
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Fact is the Eye can do 3d motion tracking, Sony has proved that on several occasions, the software was just never made for it. Let alone if it cant do 3d space, then explain Sony's E3 conference with the motion controllers...

To me I dont care what it does, its still the same concept. I didnt wanna get up and jump around using an Eye and and didnt wanna get up and jump around using the Wii, why would Natal make it any differnt just because its 3d? Its all about marketing. MS is going to market Natal like its revolutionary (be it true or not) so it will sell. Sony needs to counter by gettin their motion controllers going. Its somewhat cool to see the two companies going in two differnt directions now, lets see which one works. It will be interesting on a 3rd party stance, do we use natal, or do we use the motion controllers?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Considering Natal is in at least some sense accomplishing what Sony was doing with EyeToy games back on the PlayStation 2 and since been refined or being refined on past and future PlayStation 3 games I call it, let's play catchup, Sony and Nintendo both were on the boat and Microsoft is scrambling before it leaves for good. Still isn't getting me interested anyway because they haven't announced any decent games to go with it, at least right now the Eye has a few games and interactive art and now we are getting EyePet which despite it all would probably be something I would buy just for the 10-20 minutes of amusement you would get out of it every day. What's Microsoft got to counter that.