Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 13-03-2010   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Microsoft Fans Cant be That Ignorant

Ok so Microsoft has been touting their new phone coming out as the next best thing since sliced bread. Basically its another smartphone but its using the features of Zune HD and going more in depth.

Well with that in mind they are also throwing new XNA support for it so more apps will be heading "our" way soon. However within the new XNA studio for the 7 Series phone, Zune HD is not supported.

Why is it not supported you ask? Microsoft states "We want to put all our support into making the 7 Series phone the best it can be, so for now thats where our focus is." In otherwords "sorry you just wasted 300 dollars on a Zune, we were making something you didnt know about that will take its place within a year."

So this isn't whats completely frustrating me. I see this and go to the microsoft site and start posting that its BS that I just wasted 300 dollars on the Zune HD and your saying tough luck to my face. I could of used that 300 dollars to buy an Iphone, or just a plain better MP3 player that will still have support and do what it advertises.

What do I get in reply? A bunch of idiots saying "your stupid, Zune HD is amazing, you should be happy your an early adopter to enjoy it" and a bunch of comments disagreeing with me. And I notice its a bunch of people that hover around the microsoft site all day and post everywhere like fanboys. Are we seriously this stupid now? Can we not see that microsoft ripped us off? Are we just gonna sit by and let it happen?

All you Canadian friends that didnt get it yet, consider yourself lucky as of right now.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010   #2
Staff
Damn, I was thinking of getting one too, maybe I'll pass.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
To be honest, I didn't really care about the games being on it, there will still be the games already made so even if with the new tools nobody makes anymore games there's still selection (plus it's not like Microsoft is forcing you to use the new tools, people can still make new games for the HD using the old tools) and compared to what the original Zune games consisted of it's still an upgrade. I'm still going to get one when the become available outside the U.S although the longer they take, the more and more I keep wondering if it would be worthwhile to jump ship to the iPod Touch.
Old 14-03-2010   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Currently the Zune HD has I believe 12 Apps total. 5 or 6 of them are games, only 3 are games that are not availible on regular Zune. The only added benefit is either the motion control or touch control to the other games. They are great games, but MS touted that we would see actual games to rival that of iPod and even PSP and all we got was a Racing game.

Yes people could re develop games in 3.1 but they have to convert the code and people dont think actual business will do it since MS is only focusing on the phone. That and XNA is still yet to be open to indie developers for Zune HD.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010   #5
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
@dustin they buy 360's of course they are that ignorant lol
Old 15-03-2010   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
This is why I moved to apple for mobile devices. Apple just had better support for it's products.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote