Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 07-02-2007   #1
"The New Guy"
Overall opinions of the ps3...

Now, I'll probably get flamed for this, but I am not impressed with the ps3. Especially considering the hype surrounding it. My friends and the media convinced me this thing was going to absolutely mind blowing, and so far my mind has yet to be blown. Not only did I drive to another city to wait in line for 2 nights in the bitter cold, but I also dropped $1100 bucks on it (4 games and 1 controller) and I had to miss 2 days at work... And for what?

Now, Im sure that the games in a year from now or so will be awesome, but right now they suck. I shouldve waited to buy one of these, but I was convinced the graphics for the ps3 would be insane, they arent. The only game that Im even close to being impressed with graphic-wise, is Resistance, but I have computer games with better graphics. For the record I own Resistance, Madden, Marvel Alliance and NBA 2k7. The only game I play anymore is 2k7... and I rarely play that. The most impressive thing so far about the ps3 is the demo, yes demo, of Motostorm. Lets just put it this way, I have a $1100 ps3, and a $40 vcr in my room... And my vcr gets 3x more use than my ps3.

Anyone else dissapointed with all the hype the ps3 got? Not impressed with the games? Your opinions?

Oh, and when are some good bleeping games going to come out so I can get some use outta my incredibly expensive machine?

And Im not a 360 guy, so dont flame me for this... I just want some honest opinions of what you think about it so far. Its been out for 3 months now, and there's what, 6 games out?
ps3_owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #2
The Creator
Site Admin
PSN ID: popiul99
I`ll be waiting for Killzone PS3. This game will simply blow everyone away. Remember, publishers are still learning how to you the PS3`s cell processor. I think that all the good games will start to come out near spring/summer 2007.
Old 07-02-2007   #3
1337 Sauce
Motorstorm and resistance will be awesome games and the release lineup for europes really good. Being from europe i can't wait and i don't think it will disappointing.just let it grow use it and don't be so over on graphics as there are more to games than graphics.
Old 07-02-2007   #4
"The New Guy"
Ive already beaten Resistance on both co-op and single player several times, so I cant say I have any motivation to play that game anymore. And with all the hype, and $1100 I forked over, I have every right to expect good graphics... And so far Im extremely disappointed, and thats putting it mildly.

Oh, and I just read that Motorstorm wont have any split screen multiplayer? WTF is up with that? I shouldve waited a year or two to get a ps3...
Old 07-02-2007   #5
The Moderator
its obvious that PC Games look better, because you run them with graphic cards that cost the same price as a whole PS3, and how can you say the graphics suck? the magazine screenshots look better than the 360, and thats after the dodgy screenshot thing.

Also Motorstorm will definitely be splitscreen and Online, or maybe the developers is giving their home nation a little extra?

Matt
Old 07-02-2007   #6
"The New Guy"
No, I read on ign.com that Motorstorm will not include split-screen, only online play as far as multiplayer goes.

And I never said the graphics sucked, I just said I wasnt really impressed with them so far. Madden, 2k7 and Marvel Alliance look exactly the same on both the ps3 and the 360. And Ive seen first person shooters on the 360 that have very similar graphics to Resistance.
Old 07-02-2007   #7
PCN Member
IC UR point... but the ps3 gives u everything u will need in the near future on one console.. x360 is now realizing that hdmi will now be needed..thats y they are going to put that on their upgraded x360.. the ps3 sets u up for the near future.. Some people just got caught up in the hype (their own ps3 fantasy land) thats y are now disappointed. PS3 has its potential, but it will take a while for developers to get there.
asiandrz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007   #8
The Moderator
aah, But IGN Is american, not UK.

i'll find out march 7th, when OPM Reviews all UK launch games

Matt
Old 24-03-2007   #9
PCN Master
i would give anything for a ps3 right now..
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007   #10
The Moderator
The PS3 has blown me away, and i've been waiting for a year! if your TV isn't that good, then you need to try in on a HD Screen, with MotorStorm (under 50") or RR7 (above 50")

Matt
Old 25-03-2007   #11
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
what about 50" cuz mine is that size and i think it can do 1080p hope it can gonna look it up,...
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007   #12
PCN Master
how does a ps3 look on a standard tv?
Old 25-03-2007   #13
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
pretty good better than ps2 for sure!!
!!
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007   #14
PCN Master
yeah i figured that..i figured it would look better than ps2 lol
Old 25-03-2007   #15
1337 Sauce
If you say PS3 graphics suck, then you must not have an HD TV.

And whats this, MotorStorm with no splitscreen?
Old 25-03-2007   #16
PCN Master
who said ps3 graphics suck? i was just asking what it looks like on standard tv
Old 26-03-2007   #17
PCN Addict
To me the PS3 is amazingly amazing!!!! It's so cool!!!!!

Snails will have NITROUS someday...
PS3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #18
1337 Sauce
PS3 Owner, all of the titles you have are launch titles. Marvel Alliance is a great game, but it's a port of the 360 game that also appears on PS2. NBA 2K7 is a great game but it's the same situation. Madden? You guessed it. Motorstorm was recently released, and it truly is the first next gen looking title on PS3. However, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

The PS3 is an amazing machine, but it's only as good as the software it's fed. Don't judge a system based on its launch titles. It will take a while for developers to figure out how to optimize their capabilities on the PS3 and even longer still for them to develop innovative ideas that can harness the system's power.

Keep in mind though, with Motorstorm and Oblivion the 4 month old PS3 is already matching the 1 1/2 year old 360 in terms of games. Where do you suppose that trend line is going?
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #19
1337 Sauce
i like the console now, can't wait to see what it can do in the future. they are only scratching the surface of what this thing can do and i can't wait to see what they are pumping out 3 years from now. think back when the ps2 first launched and compare those games to god of war 2, the possibilities put a smile on my face.
jrotondo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #20
The Moderator
The Motorstorm SplitScreen may be added in a later update, added some great factors! and all updates are free!

Matt