Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 25-03-2007   #21
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
they hate it cuz they cant have one~
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2007   #22
PCN Master
probably so
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #23
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
its because of those dumb M$ spoke people who think they are so smart. they have contributed majorely to sonys bad publicity and hopefully not their fall of the gaming world

btw......sony literally owns the gaming world
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #24
PCN Master
yeah i had an idea most of it came from m$ Sony welll came out victorious over atleast 360.....well i hope
Old 28-03-2007   #25
1337 Sauce
It's really optimistic to think the 360 is going to lose. Gears of War held people off from buying the PS3 and really helped them win. There is no way after Halo 3 I see them coming back.
clonehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007   #26
The Moderator
you know, you've put you're self on a very high "I LOVE 360! I WANNA MARRY IT!" Stool, and you're on a PS3 website, i think one of the legs are gonna break soon...

Matt
Old 28-03-2007   #27
1337 Sauce
Why is it optimistic to think the Playstation 3 will not be able to overtake the XBox 360? Anything is possible. Asia soundly rejected the 360 as a console, instead opting to wait for the PS3 and Wii. The 360 is doing well in the US and Canada, for now, so Microsoft should feel good about that.

I think the fact that the PS2 is still kicking the 360 in the @ss in terms of both console and game sales after 1 1/2 years on the market would be a bit troubling for the 360 camp. They officially announced the XBox 360 Elite Edition, which basically shows they're scrambling to keep up with the PS3. The $479 price includes an added HDMI port and 120 GB hard drive, but it doesn't include the external HD-DVD drive, which is another $199 or built in WiFi, which adds another $90 for the adapter. $678 without WiFi or $768 with it. Oh, and for those now ****ed off 360 Premium owners, they can upgrade their 20 GB hard drive to the new 120 GB hard drive, by shelling out an additional $179. Unfortunately though, there's no upgradable solution for the missing HDMI connection.

Still, the addition of the 360 Elite will not solve the problem Microsoft created for themselves by not building in the HD-DVD drive or hard drive right from the start. The new Elite Edition will still not change the fact that games for the 360 cannot be designed assuming each system has a built in hard drive, or take advantage of the storage capacity and huge sound improvement offered by HD-DVDs.

Do any of you remember the fiasco SEGA went through with the Genesis 32X, and Sega CD expansions? That strategy was confusing, poorly received, and snowballed into the Saturn's failure and premature death of the Dreamcast. Microsoft is now barrelling down a similar path with the 360, and it's multiple tacked-on accessories, and they should really think twice about it.

Sony, on the other hand, has a sound strategy in place, and made the right choice to delay the hardware release until the hardware was actually ready. They wanted to make sure even the 20 Gig PS3 contained all the features necessary to have the best gaming experience. That is why every console has both a Blu-ray drive, as well as a hard drive and HDMI connection. Every game can be developed knowing those features are on every system. Sony got it right.

Microsoft, on the other hand jumped the gun to be first to market, but by doing so the 360 hardware lacks a couple key built-in features such as HD-DVD and hard drive.

So no, I don't think it's Sony who should be worried at this point.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007   #28
1337 Sauce
Thats gotta be the longest post i've ever seen (well said by the way)

*kicks 360 marriage stool*
El Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007   #29
PCN Master
yeah great post..ps3 is definetly the better buy ....even though it cost more than 360
Old 28-03-2007   #30
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by puggy View Post
yeah great post..ps3 is definetly the better buy ....even though it cost more than 360
PS3 costs more? Actually, the cool thing is that it doesn't really add up that way. Here's a breakdown of costs in the US. Check this out:

Option 1
360 Elite..............$479
HD-DVD Drive.......$199

Total..................$678

($79 More than a 60 Gig PS3 which also adds built in Blu-ray, and Wi-Fi)
(By the way, a 160 Gig 2.5" drive for PS3 costs $83 online. $179, which is the separate cost for the 120 Gig 360 drive, is a rip off.)

Option 2: 360 Premium with 20 Gig HD
360 Premium........$399
HD-DVD Drive.......$199

Total..................$598

($1 less than a 60 Gig PS3 which also adds built in Blu-ray, HDMI, and Wi-Fi)

Option 3: 360 Core
360 Core.............$299
HD-DVD Drive.......$199

Total..................$498

($1 less than a 20 Gig PS3, which adds built in Blu-ray, HDMI, and HDD)

Given the combined costs under all three options, I would choose the PS3. That way, games are optimized for use with the Blu-ray drive and hard drive.

That option doesn't exist with the 360.

Last edited by kingofgrills; 29-03-2007 at 03:51 PM..
Old 28-03-2007   #31
PCN Master
well i ment out of the box....no add-ons but i believe what you saying...if you add stuuf to 360 it will cost more than ps3
Old 29-03-2007   #32
The Moderator
KOG, the 20gb doesn't have wi-fi, and you forgot to add HDD, to the core pack, making it almost the same as a 60Gb

Matt
Old 29-03-2007   #33
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZani View Post
KOG, the 20gb doesn't have wi-fi, and you forgot to add HDD, to the core pack, making it almost the same as a 60Gb

Matt
Yeah, I know. I was trying to throw the 360 Tard Pack a bone in the comparison. I feel bad enough for those 360 owners as it is.

As a matter of reference, none of the 360 models (including the new Elite version) has built-in WiFi, and that's another $99 add-on for the adapter. Feel free to add another $99 to options 1 and 2 above, further jacking up the costs of the 360)

Last edited by kingofgrills; 29-03-2007 at 03:51 PM..
Old 29-03-2007   #34
MOD
true although sony did anger *millions!!!!! of fans, they were only doin it to make sure they haven't forgotten about anything to include with their system. M$ saw the gaming world as another way for mega profits.like matt said, and others, Sony uses completly new and highly developed technology while the 360 uses old xbox technology. it was noted that there were less xbox 1 year before the release of the 360 than there was 2 years before. the amount was nearly 500 000 units in all of northamerica. compared with the 3 000 000 systems there were 2 years before the launch.

u cant make an old car a winner by adding a new paint job and some screws that M$ did with the 360. u gotta put money to get the latest as the case with sony. compared to the 360, sony had maybe 20 troubled units when it came out compared with the 360s 200 000+ systems that were troubled. yes gears of war is a wicked game and so is halo. but Gears of war has no sequel and Halo 3 is the final game in the halo series. so what will happen to the 360 after people get bored with those games. exactly.

its like a race. microsoft has taken the lead but they burnt up much of their fuel. soon they will run out and come to a screeching halt. while sony is accelerating conserving fuel. sony is going to last longer and is better looking. #60 looks like its empty inside while the PS3 is fat and looks like it is going to burst with the content inside of it.

As for the new 360, they are just adding stuff that comes standard with every PS3 unit. the 120 g harddrive is the only acception. i don't know what the hell microsoft is thinking but when they entered the gaming world, they were smart at first(YA RIGHT!!!) but soon, Sony and Nintendo will slaughter M$ and they will fall. as for u clone. y cant u look at theF***ing facts and face it. the ps3 will rain supreme. Sony and Nintendo are the best whil M$ is a piece of dirty trash that needs to be thrown out.

M$ and their software share something in common....... They are pieces of S*** and are not dependable.
Sony and Apple are the best, dependable(ipod eg) and last for a long time.
Nintendo is Nintendo
Old 29-03-2007   #35
1337 Sauce
I dont remember microsoft ever making anything good i mean look at the attrocity that is windows xp i think my next comp will be a mac well thats my house microsoft free.

I dont see whats so good about Halo1 + 2 on my mates xbox and it is annoying and slow games like timesplitters quake and red faction kick its ass
El Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007   #36
MOD
if u guys were strong, u wouldn't pay attention to the press, ud pay attention to the facts. the fact is ps3 outpreforms and outlasts 360. so what if they have lost exclusives. so did the 360 (Oblivion elder scrolls)
Old 29-03-2007   #37
1337 Sauce
Dude, with the exception of Clone, we're with you trying to counter the huge propaganda of lies that Micro$oft is shoving down their fanboys' throats.

The PS3 is the better machine, and each version was built to deliver the best gaming experience possible. Plus, the PS3 is the most well built piece of gear I've ever purchased. It's overbuilt like a tank, if anything.

Unfortunately, Microsoft cannot make the same claim on build quality. As much as they deny it, I bet the new Elite version is the same piece of sh!t just as a different color turd. Check this out:

http://news.com.com/2061-10797_3-6066991.html

Total junk.
Old 29-03-2007   #38
PCN Master
m$ got scared and copied in a way by creating the elite version..talking about desperate
Old 30-03-2007   #39
The Moderator
yeah, the PS3 is really well built, abit of a squeek on the logo when you lightly push, but other than that its fine!

Matt
Old 30-03-2007   #40
PCN Master
i like the way you put in game disc in ps3 ...instead of the 360