Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Will you buy it?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 0 0%
Rental 1 3.85%
Maybe, wait for reviews/more videos/other 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Chrono917
inFamous: Will you buy it?

To me, it looks awesome. Not as exciting as say God of War III, or even Prototype, but it still looks pretty good. Plus, it's made by Sucker Punch, and Sly Cooper was an awesome series for me, loved all three games. So far though, I've mainly seen him just throw electricity at people, I haven't seen any jaw-dropping powers or awesome looking moves like in Prototype so I'll wait and see.

I have GameFly, so it's on my rental list for sure, and lucky for me GameFly lets me keep my games if I pay them a pre-played price (Usually around $46 for a recently released game, the price gets lower as the game gets older, plus you get discounts for being a member long enough) so either way I'll be able to play through the game, maybe keep it if I want to.

What do you guys think?
Chrono917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #2
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Tacitcal_Fox
You know I've had my eye on Infamous for sometime, It does look nice BUT I'm going to wait and play the Demo before I make the final Call.
Old 11-03-2009   #3
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
I think inFamous could be a real sleeper hit. In this time of woe, it seems like Americans are turning more and more to super heroes to take their minds of the depression. Movie sales of super hero movies are through the roof right now - Hulk, Iron Man, TDK, Watchmen... If Sony markets it right, it could be huge.

Of course, I'm nearly positive the game will play well on top of that. Sucker Punch has a golden track record, and early previews are all glowing.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I'm gonna have to wait for reviews and what other people think of it. I'm just not impressed with what I see. I want to be, I really do, but it hasn't won me over yet.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #5
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
i like superhero games, this one has caught my interest, looks really fun
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Chrono917
Oh yeah, forgot about the demo. We can all play that too lol. I hope this will be a good game, I like Sucker Punch's stuff, and so far most Sony exclusives have been good (Uncharted was cool, but not awesome, Heavenly Sword I heard was good, but the female player makes me not get it) so this one will most likely be.
Chrono917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #7
The New Guy =]
PSN ID: Flightbolt
I'm a fan of sandbox games. This game reminds me of Spider Man 2, the web slinging was so much fun. The "parkour" idea gives the game a very smooth look, I'll definitely buy it if I have the money.
Antonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #8
PCN Senior
i'm pessimistic about Infamous

to me, it seems like The Force Unleashed in a city
and it seems way to similar in context to Prototype...only without the murderous absorbing abilities.

I'd rent it just to see if it would prove me wrong
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009   #9
PCN Member
PSN ID: snakes_pit
I put maybe. Definitely worth a closer look, but I'll wait for release so I can get a lot more info.
Snakepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #10
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Pinstripes88
Definitely will, looks fun.
Illest Villian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #11
"The New Guy"
definitely would buy it

it is the best tps game currently and really advice you to go for it and buy the game
Ps3-Reviewer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #12
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: EpicPenguin
Absolutely! The demo blew my mind, so I'm just gonna wait patiently until release.
BloodyPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009   #13
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
The demo really sold it for me, especially that mission where you have to stop the Reaper's truck. It was so badass, watching the civilians try to help you by pelting the Reapers with rocks, while you hum shock grenades and do the lightning storm, in between dodging the Conduit's blast attacks.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #14
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps3-Reviewer3 View Post
it is the best tps game currently and really advice you to go for it and buy the game
What does that even mean?!

its not even out yet! What game are you talking about
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #15
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
I'm with Nick on this one, the demo was an amazing demonstration of what the game's actually going to bring to the table. I'm sold haha, it was just too good, I wish it was out tomorrow.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #16
PCN Member
Yes, the inFamous demo is absolutely fantastic - it's long, clocking it at about a full hour, and is one of the best demos I've played in a long time. If you haven't downloaded it yet, you really owe it to yourself to spend the measly $5 at Best Buy on the preorder and get the demo code.
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009   #17
PCN Member
So I picked this up when it came out yesterday, and I have not been disappointed - it's GREAT! I'm loving it so far... playing my first game as "evil", then I'll go back and do the "good" version later.

So glad I got it - plus it came with the code for the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta which starts next week! If you want one of those codes, though, I wouldn't wait around; apparently they only put them in the very first batch of inFamous games, and I heard a couple of stores have already run out of them. Just make sure you get a copy that has the Uncharted 2 sticker on the front - those are the ones that have the beta codes inside.
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009   #18
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Picked up my copy yesterday from gamestop and its selling pretty damn well haha. I saw him go grab mine from behind the counter and they had like 4 or 5 copies left, then the people behind me were buying it too.

Popped it in expecting what i got from the demo and man was a i wrong, its 50 billion times better and blew me away again lol. Im usually not the "do chores" type of gamer but the missions are so addicting and when you want to stop for the nite you end up playing another hour haha. The story is intriging and the cutscenes are just fantastic, they get your artistic side flowing with your own ideas. Great game and if you own a PS3 i suggest you own InFamous!
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I bought my copy from Amazon since it was about $50 there, just waiting for it to arrive
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009   #20
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
depends if I like the demo or not, still haven't tried it
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote