Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 03-07-2009   #41
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
trediddy he is saying that overall Prototype has more sales than inFAMOUS not that Prototype has more on the PS3 but it has more on the PS3 and 360 combined.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #42
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
i know
it seems like by looking at the sale prototype is xbox exclusive

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #43
PCN Master
yea but that is mainly because if anyone who has a PS3 liked the way Prototype looked they would have just gotten inFAMOUS
Old 03-07-2009   #44
PCN Addict
true that, i guess im one of those ppl who has a ps3 and didn't like it lol

Old 03-07-2009   #45
PCN Master
you didnt like inFAMOUS? you are the first one that i have heard of that didnt like the game but i have only played the demo but i would get inFAMOUS over Prototype
Old 03-07-2009   #46
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
it depends on the exclusive and its history with the consol market. for example, Gran turismo 5 is going to be the final nail in the coffin for the 360 and wii imo because of GT4 and GT3 etc etc. something like barbie or starwars game is not really a must have. like i said, it depends on the history of the game and consle
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #47
PCN Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
you didnt like inFAMOUS? you are the first one that i have heard of that didnt like the game but i have only played the demo but i would get inFAMOUS over Prototype
i did like inFAMOUS i was talkin about prototype

Old 04-07-2009   #48
PCN Master
oh ok well from everything that i have heard they are really close but it just depends on what you are going for in a game.

@sauberbmw

yea it does depend on the exclusive and their track record but i mean alot of their exclusives seem to be new IPs which is also good in its own right cuz then you can only get the game on PS3 and not like GoW or Ratchet and Clank play the game on PS2 with worse graphics and some slightly different gameplay
Old 04-07-2009   #49
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
MGS4 says hello, boosted system sales almost 2fold with a 94% jump last summer
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #50
PCN Master
yea figures that MGS would do that but i mean i am just wondering how much GoW III will boost sales when it finally comes out. I know that established franchises will boost sales more than new IPs but certain new IPs might be what persuade some people to come to the "dark side".
Old 04-07-2009   #51
PCN Addict
i think gow III will have a bunch of sales

Old 04-07-2009   #52
PCN Master
we could see record sales for march if they drop the price of the PS3 as well either sometime early next year or this fall then March could be a HUGE month for Sony
Old 04-07-2009   #53
PCN Master
God of War is good but I think games like Metal Gear are on a whole other level in terms
of following
Old 04-07-2009   #54
PCN Master
yea i mean the Metal Gear series has probably sold better than GoW series but i think there are ALOT of people looking forward to GoW III i think the hype for GoW III is alot greater than MGS 4 was and will sell just as many if not more consoles than MGS 4 especially if there is a price drop before the games release
Old 05-07-2009   #55
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Was reading and you guys keep commenting on Sony having new IP's over well known names.

Its a good but bad thing at the ame time. You notice that Sony sells alot of their old IP's when they are in their prime? Crash Bandicoot was sony's, Spyro, even Syphon Filter was sold for a little while but they brought it back. The reason is because names can only live for so long. Should they sell the names? NO, because eventually it will be worth renewing (who here would love to see Insomniac make another Spyro?) So you cant just live off the same titles all the time. Its kind of odd to see MS doing it with Halo and Gears, and they only introduced one new name at E3...

In order to get the name you need to begin with a new name. Sony is introducing alot of new names at the moment and eventually some of these will catch on to be the system sellers. They still have titles like Ratchet, Killzone(however this is new), Socom etc...but intertwined in those titles is new names. Take MAG for example, turns out to be big and before you know it the following is stronger than that of Socom and bam release MAG 2 on the next console and it has the same effect as MGS4.

With new names they have the opportunity to brag about more household names in the long run. Sure people are iffy on it now but it will help them eventually because some of them are gurenteed to catch on.

The only exception is titles like Gran Turismo that will never really die down and only get stronger with time.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #56
PCN Master
Nicely said Dustin but with all do respect i mean Geears isnt really an old name that they only have 2 of them out but we all know they are going to whore that game out like Halo. I personally really like that Sony only keeps games on the market for so long then takes them off and put new IPs out there unlike Nintendo and Microsoft who hold onto one or two franchise and milk them for everything. Which is why i am happy that the people behing GoW III have said this will be the last one in the series now i know they will probably comeout with a fewmore but i really dont expect there to 20 GoW games or w/e. It seems to me like Sony is try to get alot of new IPs out now though sothey have something different from everyone else and you have figure that at least a few these will stick i mean Resistance and Uncharted have both gotten popular
Old 05-07-2009   #57
PCN Master
Don't understate the impact of MGS4, it was an event I don't see being repeated soon.God of war will sell but it wont sell as well as MGS4 because all the elements were lined up to make it a must have game, the story spanned 11 years developing followers from the original, the games carried across 3 consoles and was billed as "the final mission of solid snake" a favorite of gamers.

The figures also back it up GOW2 actually sold about 1 million less units than the original bringing them to about 6million units sold combined, between Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater, MGS sold about 10million units.

I want GOW3 to be a major system seller but the only thing I see recreating metal gear like sales is when Gran Turismo hits, which blows GOW and MGS outta the water in terms of sales, Gt3 and Gt4 = about 25million units, damn.

Last edited by SaintAvi; 06-07-2009 at 03:50 AM..
Old 05-07-2009   #58
PCN Master
well ok then i didnt realize that the sales were that different but i do think that GoW III will sell huge on the PS3 more than GoW did i wouldnt think it would be crazy for it to sell about 5-6 million. Even with MGS you have the first 2 that are about the same in sales and then a 1.5 million drop to 4 and 3. BUT GT5 definately will sell huge i didnt even realize that all of them have sold over 9 million copies if you count only the whole games and not the prolouges and stuff
Old 05-07-2009   #59
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Gran Turismo needs to come out this year. It needs to over shadow forza, it needs to overshadow whatever that Halo ODST crap is, it needs to make Sony huge. Announce a price drop and GT this fall during TGS and watch the console explode.

However in reply to above. I like Gears its a solid game, the only reason i bring it up is because it doesnt have the longevitiy from my point of view. Noting i dont actually play the game so it might. From my view it doesnt have the strong enough story, its not epic enough, and the overall gameplay needs to be developed more if they plan to make it last a while. From a standpoint its at now, i only expect 3 or 4 to be honest. Epic did say they are changing it up with 3 though so who knows.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #60
PCN Master
yea i agree a price drop and GT5 this fall would be EPIC and sell like hotcakes but i was looking and notice that forza 1 and 2 combined were at 5 million units. i expect more out of this one than the other still they MIGHT get what 4 million with this game and GT5 will be what around 10-15 million easy