Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 31-08-2009   #1
Staff
God of War 1 & 2 Blu-Ray, With Trophies!!!

I am so excited about this:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...oliday-season/

Quote:
Thanks to your feedback, we are excited to announce the God of War Collection for this Holiday Season. Now fans and newcomers to the series can experience the epic journey of God of War and God of War II in 720p HD form. Both titles have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics, running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience, only on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring the PlayStation Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the very first time.
God of War 1 and 2 (possibly GOW3 demo), with trophies, 720p, enhanced graphics, remastered.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #2
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
This is awesome, i`m definitely gonna buy this when it comes out. Just wish I had not bought them for the ps2 in the beginning of this year lol. Would be cool if Sony began doing this with more games and series. Never got around to play Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank (except the first) and the Sly games.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
That's awesome. They've always looked cool but i've never played them. It's an easy buck for sony. Sony is getting smarter!
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Great news, Sony needs to shout this from the rooftops. I've been waiting for this and thought that would be included in with GOW III but hey, I'll take it early.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I was just about to buy the first two haha. Im buying this for sure.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #6
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Wish they included Chains of Olympus too.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #7
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Also, in regards to the GOW3 demo, Sony gave me the usual 'we don't comment on rumors' response.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #8
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
Interesting, although I already have one and two... I might decide to get them again, specially if they fix that damn Glitch that happens at the end of the Hades maze.
(Door doesn't open when killed everything inside the maze, however the wall above the door becomes available for you to phase through.)

Last edited by Darren; 31-08-2009 at 05:11 PM..
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well I might just have to buy them now, I had been thinking about buying them for PlayStation 2 but with this news, I'll just wait for the PlayStation 3 versions, would be great if they give the same treatment to other PS2 titles, maybe the old SOCOM games. Does tie together well with the new God of War game coming out.
Old 31-08-2009   #10
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
SWEET i never really knew about the GOW series till they announced GOW III (wasnt that into IGN and stuff at the time) now ill be able to know the story when GOW III comes out and not be lost in the dust lol

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #11
SuperStaff
You know what i just found funny. They did this because of a Quiz earlier this year, yet we have been begging for MGS4 trophies for how long? haha
Old 31-08-2009   #12
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
You know what i just found funny. They did this because of a Quiz earlier this year, yet we have been begging for MGS4 trophies for how long? haha
Different company though ;p

Well they've said recently they've heard everyone and they're doing something... but can't comment at the moment if they will release trophies or not.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #13
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Ehh I think ill stick with my PS2 copies.

I wonder how thisll work, or if a nice backwards compat update will hit before it launches
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I would assume they have recompiled the code into something compatible with the PlayStation 3 and maybe they done a bit of editing to the actual assets of the game to bring it to HD but otherwise they probably haven't had to do a terrible amount of work, I mean they were using a finished game so I sure to recompile some code and redraw a few things wouldn't take that long.
Old 31-08-2009   #15
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
well god of war 2 was already compatible with 720p output.

As for the code, I'd have to assume that the coding is completely different between the ps2 to ps3 when taking into account all the complaining dev's did about the machine
in the first place
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #16
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
I remember and interview that was done by Gamespot during E3 and they asked the question of GoW I and II coming to blu-ray with the release of the GoW III and he said he didnt know if it was happening but that he didnt think so because of how much work it would be do redo the games in the HD format and everything but i guess they decided it wasnt that much work.

Did they mention how much it will cost? will it be 60 for both or what cuz i mean you can get them now for like 20 bucks in a combo pack
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #17
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
I think they mentioned it was going to cost 40 bucks.

Would be cool if they did this to other games also.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #18
SuperStaff
The package is indeed 40 dollars. Now I want MGS pack with trophies, HD, and remake of MGS1 lol. Id pay 100 for that!
Old 01-09-2009   #19
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I've been playing MGS1 on my PS3 (software emulation) and I would like it in HD with trophies as well.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #20
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
if sony keeps bringing older titles to the ps3, who the hell would need backward compatibility :) then cnet will have to give the ps3 five stars :)
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote