Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 17-09-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
Original PS3 vs PS3 Slim

I have to find out this from all of you. Do you believe you will miss the sexy gloss and chromed out Play station 3 logo on the top of the original PS3?

Or do you believe that the PS3 Slim is the only option that should be offered?

I actually love both my 60GB launch PS3s because they are basically the only fully loaded PS3s out in the environment. What do you think about no more of the fat and sexy PS3?

Sony ps3 skins and ps3 slim skins

Last edited by smithmiller6; 19-10-2009 at 06:01 PM..
smithmiller6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009   #2
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I wouldn't buy a "slim" because my shiny black 80GB (MotorStorm Bundle) goes very well with my shiny black Samsung Plasma TV. I hope that after Sony plays catch up in sales that they do offer a more sexier version of the "slim" maybe going back to the shiny gloss and chrome. Oh, and hardware B/C.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009   #3
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
I wouldn't buy a "slim" because my shiny black 80GB (MotorStorm Bundle) goes very well with my shiny black Samsung Plasma TV. I hope that after Sony plays catch up in sales that they do offer a more sexier version of the "slim" maybe going back to the shiny gloss and chrome. Oh, and hardware B/C.
My thoughts exactly... well, actually, the matte black 120GB PS3 would probably go better with my Vizio, but I like the piano black finish :P
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I have to say that I like my fat one more than the slim PS3s, I just like the way that they look over the way the slim ones look
Old 17-09-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I got to see the slim they are extremely nice actually. However my fat PS3 with the chrome finish beats it out any day lol.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
but cant you get shiny color from colorware with that deal they are havig where you choose different colors

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Yes if you feel like paying $150 for the colouring service and if you live in the U.S since ColorWare won't colour a system you already own unless you live in the U.S (plus if you send it in, it voids any warranty and ColorWare will only cover it for 30 days), I believe though you can buy one new coloured (if you take this option though the system is covered for one year by ColorWare directly (since the Sony warranty is void the minute they start the process of colouring) or 2 years of you take the extended warranty) and it can be shipped anywhere but they start at $450, price of the console plus basic colouring. But in any sense I will always stick by my "fat" MotorStorm 80GB console, being it's one of the few models that play any PS2 games and the first non-portable game console I bought with my own cash, boy was that rewarding in the end because when I bought my console they had already started to phase out the PS2 compatibility with the 40GB model being available at the same time, although they did release one more bundle after the MotorStorm, the Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB that had PS2 game compatibility but those were the last two models to ever include it. Plus I still find it looks better than the slim because it still has the gloss by default and the old font on the top even if it's now missing from the firmware.
Old 19-09-2009   #8
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: MoeKz
If I didn't have the 60GB, I'd buy the slim. I think it looks pretty cool. Plus, it's very cheap. My friends tell me it's ugly but they said the same thing about the slim PS2 and they all ended up buying one.

PSN: MoeKz
MoeKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009   #9
Staff
I love the fat PS3, but the Slim does look better in the flesh than what you see in the pictures.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009   #10
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
In the words of Harry Hill; "There's only one way to sort this out, *slaps hands on desk* FIGHT!!"
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009   #11
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
I love the fat PS3, but the Slim does look better in the flesh than what you see in the pictures.
I agree...
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009   #12
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: ShaneThePain1
Im kinda hesitant to buy the slim after the rumors over the PS4...Im not gonna by a brand new PS3 if in December their gonna announce the PS4 to come later that year...because that thang looks SWEET!!!
ManOfCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009   #13
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
In my mind I have the definitive PS3, has all 4 USB's , Backwards Compatibility and that sweet Chrome
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
What is with the talk of the PlayStation 4, lately it's all over Yahoo! Answers too, Sony has stated several times that they want a 10 year lifespan out of the PlayStation 3 (most likely due to the amount of money they spent on developing the console), there has been no official images released of any future console either, so anything you might have seen is pure speculation, now sticking to the 10 year lifespan, means they will at least be making games for 10 years since the release of the console and since the console released in November 2006, the earliest I see a PS4 coming out is 3-4 years before November 2016 so around 2012-2013, I think 3-4 years of enjoyment is more than enough for the $299 investment and even sticking to that prediction, as I said before they would stop making games right away, hence probably another 3-4 years of games for the PS3 even after the PS4 might release.
Old 22-09-2009   #15
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfCars View Post
Im kinda hesitant to buy the slim after the rumors over the PS4...Im not gonna by a brand new PS3 if in December their gonna announce the PS4 to come later that year...because that thang looks SWEET!!!
I guarantee PS4 won't be coming any time soon, maybe in 3 years time, but now is way too early.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote