Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-10-2009   #21
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
It will never go "too" far. If they raise the price too much, people will stop buying. video games will and mostly are priced at their optimum price point. If they raise the price to $100 anytime soon no one will buy it and the company will lose money. $100 wouldn't be the most profitable price point right now or in the near future. Again, corporations want to make as much as possible and having the right price point is key. a company would be foolish to charge $100 for a game (without a peripheral) right now, which is why they wont. This is why I'm not worried, because I understand economics.

MW2 would be a luxury car and a game like legendary or Area 51 would be a ford. Just because you don't like MW2 doesnt make it not a luxury car. That's like saying I like Mercedes but hate BMW theres for it's not a luxury car. The game is going to be one of the highest selling games in history.

I see what you're saying but that's arguing about the price of something that is a basic need. Video games aren't that's why consumers have the choice and decide on purchases based on value. You're argument still goes in my favor.

That's simply not true. It comes back to economics. They would go bankrupt selling bread at $25 dollars because their competitors would sell it for cheap. You're comparing a 300% increase to a 13% increase anyways.

My main point of this discussion is what I said earlier: Consumers will only buy goods that are equal to or lower than their price. Therefor raising by more than consumers will spend will never happen because corporations don't want to lose money. Also, earlier you said $60 is overpriced for games. Sicne you buy them the value is obviously equal to or less than the price.

If you disagree you've obviously never been sick enough to feel how ****ty our system is. My mom waited almost 2 years for back surgery. Took months for different appointments to be booked. Many Canadians go through this exact same thing. Plus, our local hospital is a joke and almost had to pretty much close.
now I see where you're coming from, yeah when u think about the Trenton hospital is a joke, I was in there once and they made this guy who had like nasty glass cuts all over his body and they took like some old people over him instead but my main problem with the American system is that a lot of Americans go broke from paying for healthcare, other than that I don't really have a problem with it
their system is not perfect and ours needs a lot of improvement as well
maybe I would like the American system if it was more affordable for everyone, not just people who can afford it
and obviously the canadian system needs to be a lot faster and find a way to stop people from going to the hospital for the stupidest of reasons
one thing I would like about the American system is that it would be faster due to people being afraid to get help for small things because they'll have to pay bu with the Canadian system you get just about everyone going in for dumb reasons which just slows the whole process down, which seems to be what you don't like Jordan, its terribly slow
but you're probably right, I haven't gotten really sick or needed surgery
but I have had to wait long amounts of time and go to many appointments just to get an MRI but that wasn't really that important so i didn't really care about how long it took

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 07-10-2009 at 12:20 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #22
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
@ Jordan
Thats not what im saying, I already understand what your saying. You sell to make money, obviously. Value is what the consumer spends, its basic economics. Not every company is like that but thats not the point.

They (Activision) are trying to slowly increase the "value" right from under you. You dont care about a 5 dollar increase now, its fine its just 5 dollars, who cares. Next thing you know all games are 5 dollars more. Then give that a bit and Activision is increasing COD MW3 just because they know that will sell, by 10 dollars. No big deal its 10 dollars. Next thing you know value of games is 10 dollars more. You eventually get to that 100 dollar price tag on game that are going to sell no matter what. People buy less, who cares they get twice the money for one person so they only need a third of you to buy it. However you didnt suddenly do it and its just a small change as games are already costing 80 or 90 bucks and you slowly dragged the consumers into.

Like my health care statement, your throwing the average joe out the door, and only talking to the people with wallets big enough to pay for your overpriced game. Its hard to argue my point right now because its just 5 dollars here and there.

Dont get me wrong im not flaming you or saying your wrong, i also dont hate MW2 ill be getting it (they didnt influx the price here anyways) but i think its a cuase of concern for future games. Its a rip off in my eyes because the only reason they did it is because they see how many people will be buying it. Imagine if any company would do that. Sony would of already jacked Uncharted 2 up, EA would jack most of its main titles up (especially Madden) and so on, just because they see "hmm we have a line of people that want it, lets bank on it." Im just glad companies like EA called Activision out on it and said it was stupid.

In regards to healthcare (should probably open a new topic for that) it might be changing soon because Obama thinks the Canadian system is so amazing and its something we "need" here, and has been desperatly pushing to get it. I think its stupid personally, I have no problem with coverage, a majority of jobs offer coverage anyways, so its no big deal. Like stated you give it to EVERYONE then people WILL start abusing it, at least right now people dont go unless its an actual concern. I think the most they should do is offer a Gov one, which is cheaper, has less benefits, etc... and cap how much regular health care can charge. Right now its running as a business like Activision and that doesnt work with something thats a necasarity.

Last edited by Dustin S.; 06-10-2009 at 10:31 PM..
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #23
PCN Master
Dustin
u said exactly what I was trying to say my problem with the healthcare system in the States is, it throws the average guy out the door but people like it the way it is, so I don't know why Obama would wanna change the system if the majority of people like it
you are right as well about a system where everyone has it, people do go in for the stupidest things and thats one of the main reasons why it's so slow up here, other than the fact that we're short many doctors because they're leaving for other places. up here our systems so bad that the government has offered to pay for the university and med school for potential doctors to stay in specific areas
it could happen to games as well
but my thing with the games is, the consumers are showing Activision that they're okay with them jacking the prices up by them still getting the game

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 07-10-2009 at 12:17 PM..
Old 07-10-2009   #24
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
This should be renamed 'The Wall of Text' thread :P
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #25
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Jamie_Shankill
COD MW2 is just over rated its not the greatest game coming out you'll all hate the graphics on it
J-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #26
PCN Master
I will have to agree, it might be overrated, its not gonna be the greatest game comiing out but it's still gonna be really great
hopefully anyways
at least it looks pretty amazing so far anyways

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 09-10-2009 at 03:39 PM..
Old 08-10-2009   #27
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
This should be renamed 'The Wall of Text' thread :P
I lol'd. So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Matt View Post
COD MW2 is just over rated its not the greatest game coming out you'll all hate the graphics on it
1. It's not overrated. People that love it, love it, There is a lot of people that love it.

2. Objectively no game can be the greatest. Subjectively to me, it will probably be the greatest.

3. Graphics are just okay, not great. I won't hate them because like I said, they're okay. Graphics don't make the game.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #28
PCN Master
thats true Jordan, Call of Duty may not have the greatest graphics but the games are pretty damn fun to play, most of the time anyways
that's why so many people love the games

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 12-10-2009 at 09:02 PM..
Old 28-10-2009   #29
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: XRAVE
well what can i say its all about money!
XRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call, cod, codmw2, duty, warfare