Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Dongles for the instruments on Rock Band

okay you know those dongles that you need to plus into the ps3 for Rock Band so that they system will recognize the instruments?
I lost the dongle for both the drums and the guitar and EB games and futureshop don't have them
so can I order them from EA or do I have to go to EBAY or Amazon?
Old 20-02-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The apparent general consensus is dongles are something you can't buy individually or when they are available are so expensive it's cheaper to buy a new instrument, Amazon.com for example only has one available from a third-party seller and the thing is almost $40 plus another $3.99 for shipping in the U.S, let alone into Canada and eBay listings start at over $20 and the one's available in Canada are around $40 or more.

That being said in my search to find one I did come across a discussion on a website where a member suggested contacting EA for support. Apparently if you explain the situation and they escalate the case to higher level customer support they will send you a brand new guitar and you send the old one back without the dongle. To do this though you need a credit card so they can put a charge on in case you don't return the old guitar (the charge is refunded upon receiving the old instrument).

So I would suggest contacting EA definitely, I mean although I haven't experienced your problem I have contacted them about my code for the 20 free song pack that comes with Rock Band 2 not working (although I didn't mention I bought the game used and hence the code had already been used) and after keeping after them and reopening my support ticket I got a new code so if you stay after them you might not have to work out a dime in the end, otherwise stick to used instruments at EB Games/GameStop, I think the official guitars for Rock Band on PS2/PS3 go for $20-30.
Old 20-02-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Believe it or not, EA is actually really good with Rock Band support. They were replacing the foot pedals for the longest time until Rock Band 2 came out and they realized its idiots smashing the pedal too much breaking it.

So in otherwords just call EA and say you need a new dongle. Rather or not a warrenty matters is probably the only question.
Old 20-02-2010   #4
PCN Master
well, since the initial post, I got a dongle for the drums off of ebay for like $46, I'm just gonna try and find a Canadian sender, preferably one in Ontario to buy one off of, I know its kinda dumb to make an ebay account just for dongles but I might use it down the road for other stuff
I don't know if I still have the receipt for it though, although i bought the game on like Boxing day or the day after

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 20-02-2010 at 10:41 PM..
Old 22-02-2010   #5
PCN Master
sorry for the double post, but I have ordered a dongle for each instrument from separate people in the states because they were a lot cheaper than the Canadian guy
@ any staff member will you lock this thread now since I have solved my problem and don't need anymore help, so it might as well be locked so that no one else posts on it and brings it up again