Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 11-03-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
did anyone leave MW2 for BFBC2?

since Bad Company 2 has been out for around a week now, I thought I'd ask the question:
has anyone just stopped playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in favour of Battlefield Bad Company 2?
I know ever since MAG came out, I never really played Modern Warfare 2 anymore, but I know people at these forums hated the beta for that game
tell me your thoughts on which game u like more and why
Old 11-03-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Im loving bad company 2's online game
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I sure did, the online is miles ahead of MW2. That and IW just stated that the DLC is coming out this week for Xbox Live and not PS3. So I messaged the guy "thanks for your lack of support, made me a true Battlefield fan." Since BF content isnt exclusive, timed exclusive, or anything stupid of that nature. Its funny how many people agreed with my comment.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #4
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
No. Battlefield is boring.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I have to echo Jordan on this one, though I have never had the chance to actually play the full game I played enough of the beta/demo to know I won't be joining people who moved on to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, I'll be sticking to Modern Warfare 2 and others for my FPS needs as I'm simply not willing to take a $59.99 gamble on BC2.
Old 11-03-2010   #6
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: MORBIDZOMB1E
I dont know, Ive heard alot of good things about battlefield. Ive played MW2 lots, and its losing alot of what made it so good. Just getting kind of old...
MORBIDZOMB1E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #7
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
I switched to Bad company 2 and i love it way more than cod
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
erm nope, one because i havent bought it lol and i havent because its a great game, but atm im enjoying the fast paced play of mw2 despite its issues :)

although i plan on getting battlefield, i probably wont play it MORE possibly just as much but yeah, majority of my friends list are still on mw2 also
Old 11-03-2010   #9
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
the multiplaye in battelfield is awesome. Got the game only yesterday, and played a bolivia map... the vistas are as good as in the SP. i've moved on from cod for sure. the SP also makes more sense also, rather than mindlessly shooting hoards of soldiers like in cod.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #10
SuperStaff
You guys have to remember BF has Squad Team DM now, where the maps are more confined and faster paced. Its not just the bomb setting and defending anymore.
Old 11-03-2010   #11
PCN Master
its good to hear that its not just bomb setting anymore, since there's more confined maps now, that will get rid of my problem with walking everywhere
Old 11-03-2010   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
I have to echo Jordan on this one, though I have never had the chance to actually play the full game I played enough of the beta/demo to know I won't be joining people who moved on to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, I'll be sticking to Modern Warfare 2 and others for my FPS needs as I'm simply not willing to take a $59.99 gamble on BC2.
I think you should give it another shot and rent it, it's moved way ahead of
where it was in the beta.

My biggest complaint was all the running you had to do during the beta,
grouping in squads fixes this quite nicely.

Dropping the roof on snipers is brilliant, + I love the idea of gravity affecting
the way your bullets work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPIjl5t0IBo#t=1m13s
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #13
SuperStaff
People dont realize Beta means testing phrase, there is problems. If your a beta testers its you job to tell EA the problems, and its EA's job to address the problems for the final release. Which is what happened. Thanks to companies like Activision not doing it correctly, people dont understand this.
Old 12-03-2010   #14
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I'm not a fan of renting games whatsoever, considering the cost to do so around here, I could pay for half the cost of a copy of Red Faction Guerrilla at EB Games plus I don't have the Internet access to support BC2 right now anyway, so for the few times I do MW2 is perfectly fine and is what a good portion of my friends list is playing anyway.
Old 12-03-2010   #15
SuperStaff
A good trick, go to gamestop buy the game used, take it back within 7 days haha
Old 12-03-2010   #16
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
well like i said before not much changed for me from the beta to the demo.. and i also played at my friends, and there still seemed to be alot of running, less yes but there was still alot of travelling.. like people would steal the vehicles before i could and when i'd parachute in it would be miles fom the objectives.. and the little things like not being able to strafe left or right while sprinting annoyed me :(..

i'll still buy it though, probably after ive bought and played through Gow3, but it'll probably gather dust before my mw2, MAG or socom does
Old 12-03-2010   #17
"The New Guy"
I have the game and I must say it’s very addictive! Yes there have been server issues (keep getting disconnected hardware fix is coming out today & 2mrw) but its truly being awesome. I find everyone knows what they’re doing when playing objective based games.

It also think it’s harder compared to MW2, it rewards you for team work and smart thinking. I won’t be trading/selling it anytime soon to be honest.

I still play MW2 with the guys when ever i feel like having a quick game.

BBC2 is far more superior in my opinion. Euro gamer also thinks so to.
genk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #18
SuperStaff
Server issues are due to the lack of servers, the game actually sold like double what EA thought it would do. They are putting more online this weekend.
Old 12-03-2010   #19
PCN Master
it sold like double what they thought it to?
that's pretty impressive.
I might rent it first before I make my decision
Old 12-03-2010   #20
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: MORBIDZOMB1E
got battlefield today. makes MW multiplayer look like a joke.
MORBIDZOMB1E is offline   Reply With Quote