Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 14-05-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Red Dead PS3 has a smidge of exclusivity

Yesiree, check it out

It isnt much but hey, better than nothing
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
And now Sony is playing the same childish games, so hopefully it gets really far and ticks the hell out of Xbox fanboys. This causes a ruckus, and people get fed up all around. Thus the stupid childish games end and third parties are THIRD PARTIES not "whoever pays me more, you get my stuff" companies.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
lol, yeah I have to agree with Dustin, I hope it ticks 360 fanboys off a lot.
so, Arkham Asylum had PS3 exclusive content and now this game does
Old 15-05-2010   #4
SuperStaff
UFC also has exclusive content and i believe timed exclusive DLC as well, not sure about the DLC.
Old 15-05-2010   #5
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
"whoever pays me more, you get my stuff" companies.
I thought that was what a company was ;p
Old 15-05-2010   #6
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: ArmyOfNewbs
It is Saint. But MS ALWAYS does this. Its about time Sony started dishing out the cash.
3. Little Big Planet
4. Killzone 2
5. GTA:Vice City (HATE ME)
''PS3, It only does Everything..Except play PS2 games.'' <.< Not sure where I saw that quote.
GrantedAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010   #7
PCN Master
I doubt this was because of any backroom dealings between Sony and Rockstar involving bags of money,
especially when both sides neglect to market this aspect of the ps3 version. I mean nobody knew about
this until someone actually had a copy of the game in their hands

The scenarios that seem more likely to me is that this is part of Rockstar's dowry for
consuming the LA Noire studio and Sony not having Rockstar inherit the debt associated
with the project.

And maybe the most likely of all, bluray holds dozens of gb's worth of space! 360 has to make due
with what? 6? Could just be that this stuff was cut from the 360 due to space
problems
Old 16-05-2010   #8
SuperStaff
Im not saying companies shouldnt be out to make a profit. Its companies like Ubisoft when you dont even know if they next game will come out on your selected system, or if it will come out way later when everything is already ruined for you.

Its like them punishing you for making a "mistake" buying a certain console or say "eff you" to the people that cant afford both consoles like me.

If your a third party, then be a third party and bring the experience to both platforms. Its your job before anything else.

"Hey This game is exclusive to 360, go buy the console! you did? oh well we were joking its coming to PS3 after the ending is spoiled on the internet HAHAHAHA! and it will have exclusive content! And our next game will be completely exclusive to PS3. Yeah sorry for making you buy a 360 for no reason, now go buy a PS3."
Old 16-05-2010   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
well i have not seen anywhere where they have said that Sony paid for this content and Sony has gone on record a number of times saying that they WILL NOT pay for exclusive stuff, i have to believe that Sony did not pay for this content and Rockstar just put it in because they like Sony at least that is what I take from it.

Why should a company not take 50-75 million dollars to put something on a console for a year and then put it on the other console? it just seems dumb to me to pass that up.

Might I add that Insomniac is TECHNICALLY third party and they do not make games for both consoles they just like their relationship with Sony (from what i have heard/read) and like making games for them and maybe that is exactly what Rockstar is doing with this "extra" content on this game and the exclusive game that they are making for PS3 just trying to strengthen their relationship with Sony
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010   #10
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: ArmyOfNewbs
I think Saint's explanation seems the most plausible of all. And Dipchit, I hate you. You mentioned Insomniac and 3rd party and have now reminded me of Square and Versus. How could you D=!
3. Little Big Planet
4. Killzone 2
5. GTA:Vice City (HATE ME)
''PS3, It only does Everything..Except play PS2 games.'' <.< Not sure where I saw that quote.
GrantedAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
you hate me cause I mentioned that Insomniac was a 3rd party developer?
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010   #12
PCN Master
Maybe in an ideal world Dustin, but it's commonplace to do these sort of things.

One Japanese dev was explaining that JRPG's sometimes first appear on the 360 then
migrate over to the PS3 because MS will help fund the project, once the game is done
all they have to do is port it, this cushions dev costs.

But being back on topic, Rockstar arent really platform loyal these days, I said back
when TLAD was announced for GTA4 that itd one day be on the PS3 and Im sure
this is the case to with the outfit and hideout, even AGENT is something Im only
looking at as a temp exclusive, Rockstar may sometimes play like they like Sony or
MS, but in reality they like the majority of other third parties love money more, and it's
for that reason that youll see this behavior continue.

All's fair in love and console wars
Old 17-05-2010   #13
SuperStaff
Quote:
Might I add that Insomniac is TECHNICALLY third party and they do not make games for both consoles they just like their relationship with Sony (from what i have heard/read) and like making games for them and maybe that is exactly what Rockstar is doing with this "extra" content on this game and the exclusive game that they are making for PS3 just trying to strengthen their relationship with Sony
And Insomniac has never played games. They never "hinted" that they will make a 360 game, they never made one game exclusive and the next not exclusive etc...Bungie is the same. They are third party now and are bringing the same experience to both platforms. They are not saying "oh we are third party, but only some stuff will go to PS3."

Meanwhile Square is the perfect example of a crappy third party company. One game is exclusive, who knows if the next will be? Oh the sales numbers will tell us that, or whoever opens their wallet up first.

And technically speaking is Sony paying for this stuff? Probably not hard cash, but there is absolutely no doubt they are doing something behind the scenes. A company isnt just gonna throw exclusive stuff your way and advertise it for now reason. This could be a Rockstar/Sony buddy buddy thing or a "sorry" for the GTA deal. I mean its Rockstar and they have always had a strong relationship with Sony and is even making a game. But THQ with UFC, and Rocksteady with Batman, and all the things of the like there is something going on. Sony just isnt straight up paying these guys, they are helping out or doing something else to get it.

Thus leading me to Saints last post and all I have to say is Kojima and Insomniac. Both free to do what the hell they want, both stick with Sony. Kojima is making an entirely new game, separate from the rest of the series and solid on its own for 360, meanwhile they are making yet another actual MGS game exclusive to PS3.
Old 18-05-2010   #14
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Maybe this exclusive content is due to Rockstar not getting it to run graphically equal to the 360 version.

Just saying...
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010   #15
PCN Master
O jeebus, its like 4 years into the life cycle, how about some parity in terms of performance here
Old 19-05-2010   #16
SuperStaff
I want side by side comparison....that article didnt seem professional at all. I could write the same for PS3Center and just switch 360 with PS3, and hey its my opinion so you cant get mad....
Old 19-05-2010   #17
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
It appears that everybody is referencing the 2 articles (CVG and Beyond 3D) but I haven't seen anything from anybody else to confirm this "sub HD" news. Oh, Rockstar hasn't commented on this either. The 360 fanboys are going to have a field day but in our defense the 360 has had a couple of exclusives not be HD. (Halo 3 640p, Alan Wake 540p, and Splinter Cell: Conviciton 576p)

If this is true for Ps3 Red Dead then this is just laziness on the part of Rockstar. I can't believe they haven't tweaked or updated thier GTA IV engine to provide better resolution since 08. In the words of Kevin Butler VP of Enough is Enough "Come On! What's wrong with them?" Sony has imporved the RAM space as well. So it isn't like they can complain about RAM.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010   #18
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=704

PS3 definitely looks worse. Did they develop on 360 then port to PS3? I can't understand why they'd do that though...
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010   #19
SuperStaff
Wow pixies galore for PS3...thats horrible.
Old 19-05-2010   #20
Staff
PSN ID: Nikhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Wow pixies galore for PS3...thats horrible.
Haha, yup. I've never been blown away by RS graphics. I thought GTA4 looked like crap (washed out, blurry textures, horrible pop in), but that's just me. Boggled my mind how sites like IGN and Gamestop gave it a 10 in graphics.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote