Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form
 



Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008   #1
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 63
How big will Little Big Planet really be?

I keep reading about this Little Big Planet. I bet its going to be a cool game. Something we have never seen before thats 4sure.

Any thoughts on this game?
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #2
The Creator
Site Admin
Michal's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,315
PSN ID: popiul99
I was looking at some videos the other day of LBP and it kinda reminds me of the old school mario and yoshi games. Where you had to collect coins, push boulders around to jump somewhere etc.
__________________
Michal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #3
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 63
I used to love Mario & Yoshi. That would be sweet if its like those games.
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #4
MOD
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 850
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Sony's answer to nintendos juggernaut, MARIO!!!!!
lol but anyways i love the old mario games, hopefully this game wont dissappoint
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #5
"The New Guy"
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 44
PSN ID: SolidSnakeUS42
Knowing that it fully supports user created content, I can be certain it will be HUGE.
SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #6
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 74
It's the whole "build your own level" thing that's going to make this game a massive success. People love user-created content, and that's really the focus of this game, far more than the levels it comes packed with.

I want to be able to go on the PS Network and start re-creating old school NES games, Sackboy style! Not an original idea, I'm sure, but that's OK. I'm sure people are going to end up trying to do that with just about every game ever created. Then again, how much fun would it be to play some sort of Sackboy version of Metroid or something?

This is a Day One purchase for me.
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #7
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauberbmw View Post
Sony's answer to nintendos juggernaut, MARIO!!!!!
lol but anyways i love the old mario games, hopefully this game wont dissappoint
Yeah I love all the old school Mario stuff also. Im hoping LBP has an effect on me like Mario did when I was 12. If it does im sure this game will be a success. Because everyone enjoyed mario
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #8
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
It's the whole "build your own level" thing that's going to make this game a massive success. People love user-created content, and that's really the focus of this game, far more than the levels it comes packed with.

I want to be able to go on the PS Network and start re-creating old school NES games, Sackboy style! Not an original idea, I'm sure, but that's OK. I'm sure people are going to end up trying to do that with just about every game ever created. Then again, how much fun would it be to play some sort of Sackboy version of Metroid or something?

This is a Day One purchase for me.
I couldnt agree more as far as the "build your own level" goes. And the fact that people can play other levels people have made. Im all about this game just because of the online world its going to have.

lol Man, your going back with "Metroid" I agree though. It would be cool
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #9
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_skyler View Post
lol Man, your going back with "Metroid" I agree though. It would be cool
Believe me, I'm not the only one - something tells me we're gonna see a LOT of people "going back" to old NES stuff, as well as old Atari, etc.; maybe even some old PS1 games. Come to think of it, a Sackboy version of "Crash Bandicoot" WOULD be pretty awesome...

Retro game remakes will probably be the most popular of all the user-created LBP levels once the game comes out next month.
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #10
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
Believe me, I'm not the only one - something tells me we're gonna see a LOT of people "going back" to old NES stuff, as well as old Atari, etc.; maybe even some old PS1 games. Come to think of it, a Sackboy version of "Crash Bandicoot" WOULD be pretty awesome...

Retro game remakes will probably be the most popular of all the user-created LBP levels once the game comes out next month.
Oh yeah, Im sure the older games will be a big hit as far as making levels etc.

Heres what I want to know though:

How close in detail will we be able to make these levels?
Will they really look like our old fav. games or just have the same idea?

Ill prob. make a few levels from older games but Im going to make a few of my own that nobody can beat!!
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #11
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_skyler View Post
Oh yeah, Im sure the older games will be a big hit as far as making levels etc.

Heres what I want to know though:

How close in detail will we be able to make these levels?
Will they really look like our old fav. games or just have the same idea?

Ill prob. make a few levels from older games but Im going to make a few of my own that nobody can beat!!
Well, I think it's going to be more about player's creations being "inspired" by older games. It's not like your going to use the exact same graphics (although I suppose with the stickers thing you could come pretty close!); it's more like when you were a kid, and built stuff out of Legos. My "Lego Walt Disney World" may not have looked EXACTLY like WDW, but it was still plenty fun to play with! LBP will probably be the same thing - it's like a Lego kit that's made out of video game pieces.
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #12
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 63
That would be cool. A game that lets you do anything close to these things has to be cool. I just hope people dont think its going to be JUST like older games.

I feel like this game will have its own feel and style. Stages/levels might be mocked but I have a feeling movement etc is going to be different.
My sackboy is about to rule all ONLINE LEVELS : )
sky_skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008   #13
MOD
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 850
PSN ID: sauberbmw
lets just hope that they also include free expansions so we can have total and complete customization
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #14
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 74
I'm already loving some of the LBP videos on YouTube - I saw one of a HELICOPTER that somebody built and flew around! It's crazy to think that people are creating this stuff and it's not even out of beta yet; I can't wait to get my hands on it!
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #15
World Domination
Site Admin
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 354
PSN ID: Nicarlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
I'm already loving some of the LBP videos on YouTube - I saw one of a HELICOPTER that somebody built and flew around! It's crazy to think that people are creating this stuff and it's not even out of beta yet; I can't wait to get my hands on it!
hey

here is some more gameplay links for you

http://ps3center.net/video/index.php?sect=today&idv=311

http://ps3center.net/video/index.php...v=310&idcat=18

cheers :)
Nicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #16
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicarlo View Post
Thanks - I hadn't seen those before. That low-rider car is amazing! It's incredible that it seems to have been done in "3-D", in that Sackboy actually goes inside the car to drive it, rather than just riding on top of it, like on the rocket car (which also looks like a ton of fun). I wonder if you can only create inanimate objects like that, or if you could create a horse or something?

Just 19 more days to go 'til retail; now that I think about it, I should find out if my GameStop is doing a midnight release or anything - I don't want to have to wait any longer than necessary to start playing!
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #17
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,089
It will be a blast for those of you lucky enough to own a PS3. Everyone I know who has a PS3, even if they don't play them frequently (I don't know why), when they saw this, they were like "I want this SO bad". I can't wait. Maybe it's the thing the PS3 needed to help boost sales of the system.
__________________
That's straight from the "king".
http://www.Sharedimage.net/uploads/c9e281c07d.png
svalbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #18
PCN Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by svalbard View Post
It will be a blast for those of you lucky enough to own a PS3. Everyone I know who has a PS3, even if they don't play them frequently (I don't know why), when they saw this, they were like "I want this SO bad". I can't wait. Maybe it's the thing the PS3 needed to help boost sales of the system.
Absolutely - I think LBP is going to sell a LOT of systems. I also think it's going to help the PS3 steal away a bit of the Wii's audience in particular, with all those "casual" gamers who aren't into the hardcore sports and FPS stuff on the 360.

LBP will be the hot title under the Christmas tree this year.
TonySoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios