Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 16-07-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
xbox 360 slim

people seem to be drooling over this
i don't really see that big of a deal though.
so what, they added wi-fi and different hard drives
I hear they fixed the hardware problems (aka no RROD),but is that true/

do u think the release of the new slims will give Xbots more bait in the console wars or is Microsoft too far behind?
Old 17-07-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well depends on your definition of fixing the RROD, I mean off the bat the new XBOX 360 can't truly RROD as Microsoft has changed the way the console shows a failure, in other words, the 3 flashing red lights can't happen on the new console, they simply aren't there.

As to have they fixed the reasons why the RROD happens, this new version features a unified CPU/GPU chip using a 45nm manufacturing process, both of which combine to significantly reduce heat output compared to older consoles which in turn will decrease the likelihood of 360 owners experiencing a failure such as the RROD on a 360 console. It's hasn't made it impossible to get such a failure though but like previous revisions it has reduced the risk further and to the point where I would say it's more than safe to buy a 360. In fact as long as I can get the money together, I intend to buy a new "slim" XBOX 360 console by the end of this year.

As to whether this will really change anything in the "console wars", at this point both consoles have been around long enough and both have a large enough library of games that I don't think shiny new hardware is reason enough for 360 sales to go up, let alone give fanboys anything new to argue about since the new hardware simply brings the XBOX 360 onto equal terms with the Wii and PS3 in terms of Internet access and reliability.
Old 17-07-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I was also thinking about getting a 'slim' 360 but I'm waiting for a bundle with a game or two and a free year of Live, that is if I can get the money for it as well.

so what you're saying is that this new slim leveled the playing field in terms of hardware ?
Old 18-07-2010   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Yes, since the 360 was the only console that didn't have Wireless Internet built into the console, now with the new XBOX 360 they finally matched both Nintendo and Sony since both the Wii and PS3 have built in Wireless Internet hence bringing all 3 platforms equal to each other in terms there and since both the 360 and PS3 feature consoles with 250GB of storage space they are equal there as well, so to someone who is just buying a console for games, the 360 and PS3 are equal hardware wise in terms of features.

Now that being said the PS3 still has two advantages up it's sleeve, you can upgrade the hard drive much easier and it plays Blu-Ray, but since that doesn't affect gamers directly, those advantages can only be considered advantages to the people who actually need them which is why I said that the 360 and PS3 are now equal hardware feature wise since if they are just used for what they are primarily designed for, they are equal.
Old 19-07-2010   #5
PCN Member
It confuses me how xbox is supposed to have the best online and yet only now does it have built in wireless! Anyway, I know they have changed the hardrives they use in the new xbox, but does it use SATA hardrives (the ones you get in laptops and the ps3 ) or does it use some sort of strange hardrive that they force you to buy of Microsoft?
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim, xbx 360