Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-01-2011   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Portal 2 News

Well of course we've heard over the past few months from Valve that the PS3 version would be the best version of Portal 2 for consoles as it will feature Steam connectivity, so updates and DLC similar to the PC system will be available and PS3 players will have the ability to play with PC or Mac gamers as well.

Plus on top of that we will have access to cloud-based storage for PS3 save games and cross-platform chat. (In this case means PS3-PC/Mac, not the 360).

Now on it's own that sounds pretty convincing as an excuse to buy the PS3 version, but Valve just handed out the ultimate reason. If you buy the PS3 version and link your PS3 account to your Steam account, you will unlock a Steam copy of Portal 2 for PC/Mac for absolutely free.

Needless to say, I'm sold on buying a PS3 version since for the extra $10 I'll have two copies on my 2 major gaming systems.
Old 18-01-2011   #2
PCN Member
Thats just sealed the deal. Nice to see valve giving us some cool stuff to make up for there PS3 support (or lack of).
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Valve's turnaround on the ps3 is crazy.

I think portal lends itself more towards the tech savvy crowd who keep themselves
up to date with whats going on with their gaming hobby. That said, I am really interested
in seeing the sales figures across platforms once launched
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Can they update the original Portal? I've been on the fence on purchasing "The Orange Box".
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011   #5
PCN Master
Wouldnt hold my breath, I'd say buy it on steam next time it goes on sale, they often put the orange box on sale for $5-10
Old 19-01-2011   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
that's the only reason why I have Portal, it was free on Steam for some reason for a weekend.
but Portal 2 should be interesting, especially with that deal.
I haven't played enough of the first one, but I'll probably play through it soon
Old 19-01-2011   #7
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
that's the only reason why I have Portal, it was free on Steam for some reason for a weekend.
Portal was free last year when Steam launched for Mac OS X as a celebration for Steam games finally being available to Mac users and actually you can still get a copy of a version Portal for free anyway. Anyone who has a NVIDIA graphics card in their computer qualifies for a free download of Portal: First Slice, which is an extended demo of Portal (11 levels in total and NVIDIA owners also get Half Life 2: Deathmatch, Half Life 2: Lost Coast and Peggle Extreme for free as well).

AMD/ATI graphics card owners qualify for stuff too, just not as much (only the 2 Half Life 2 downloads NVIDIA owners get, nothing else). Oh and once you use the offer once the games are tied to your Steam account and can be installed on any computer, regardless of graphics card brand present.
Old 24-01-2011   #8
PCN Master
Well Valve just keeps things going, not only will the PS3 version have Steam support and a free PC copy, it's now been announced user-generated content will be available in Portal 2 for PS3. Granted you won't be able to create any yourself (that will be left to PC users) but you still be able to enjoy the efforts of others on your PS3 version of Portal 2.
Old 25-01-2011   #9
PCN Master
well if you are getting a free copy of portal 2 on pc if you buy the ps3 version you still can as long as your rig can handle it
Old 22-03-2011   #10
PCN Master
Oh and if you ever needed a reason to pre-order the game, Amazon.com has a major one for you currently. Right now if you pre-order the game, you'll get it for $54.99 and Amazon will include $20 of credit to use on Amazon.com for a future purchase. So esentially if you buy the PS3 version, you get a PS3 copy, a digital Steam copy, a reduced price and $20 of credit on Amazon. Pretty awesome deal there if you ask me.