Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion > PlayStation 3 News
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 09-07-2009   #1
PS3 News Feed
Netflix is Heading to Sony This Fall

Netflix will be supporting Sony's Bravia TV's this fall, but where is the PS3?

Read More...
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
well i mean they had to of gone completely blocked the PS3 out right? i mean since you cannot access it from you web browser i would think they would of had to of blocked it but idk
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
From what I remember Netflix has an exclusive deal with Microsoft or are the only company they worked a deal out with, but actually while Netflix is popular in the U.S it's not even available elsewhere which might be my Sony hasn't bothered trying to add it to the PlayStation 3 since it's a global machine where TV's have separate models that end up in different regions and Sony already has video stores in the U.S and Europe as part of the PlayStation Store so to them it probably isn't worth the effort.
Old 09-07-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I personally dont want to see Netflix on PS3. Im happy with the current store and was reading the netflix thing on Xbox, you need to subscribe to Netflix to browse and download their movies. I rather just pat a few dollars for that specific movie, then pay monthly for a service ill only use now and then.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
Well it won't matter to me, no matter what I'm still screwed since the video store isn't available in Canada, let alone Netflix, all we have is Zip.ca, which is nowhere near the service Netflix is, so I have to stick with buying my movies or renting them the old fashioned way.
Old 09-07-2009   #6
SuperStaff
Isnt blockbuster in canada?
Old 09-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Options never hurt, I dont think Id use it but Im sure there are enough peopel that would disagree with me to make it worth netflix's while

Last edited by SaintAvi; 09-07-2009 at 09:10 PM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #8
PCN Master
yea i knwo i wouldnt use it at all but i do know quite a few people that got it because it was offered on teh 360 so i mean you never know how many of those people there are that wouldnt get it now but if it was on PS3 would decide to get it
Old 09-07-2009   #9
PCN Master
Blockbuster doesn't have an online service like the U.S does in Canada to my knowledge, but yes they do exist as retail stores, occasionally they have good deals and are so idiotic that if I had wanted could have bought Resistance Retribution almost 2 weeks early, they were already on the shelf, and not display cases, actual boxed copies.
Old 09-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
yea i never really thought about going to blockbuster to buy a game i always just go to Meijer, gotta support the local companies
Old 09-07-2009   #11
SuperStaff
I always go to Blockbuster they have amazing deals. But there you go, Blockbuster is in Canada and it wouldnt be hard for them to just update the site area to be in Canada too. Netflix has posts everywhere that are only meant to serve US. Blockbuster being located in Canada fixes that problem.
Old 09-07-2009   #12
PCN Master
i dont know why they dont have the service in Canada if they have stores up there. unless they just dont have enough
Old 10-07-2009   #13
PCN Master
No, their just worried because we are considered a high "piracy" country thanks to the laws up here, currently it's not even illegal to download music here, just to upload/host it, not that it makes a difference, even with the laws in the U.S, does everyone still do it, of course, can they do anything about it, no.
Old 10-07-2009   #14
SuperStaff
Actually i was talking with my cable company about people getting in trouble for that. They say they only "go after" the people hosting the files and not the people downloading them.
Old 10-07-2009   #15
PCN Master
Probably because the amount of people downloading is just too high to stop them plus if you take out the uploaders, there is nothing to download, although that's not hard to get around, even if everyone who uploaded files to download files in the U.S was caught you would just download from people in another country. It's a unwinnable war, which record and movie companies lost long ago, though they still claim they can win, instead of embracing digital technology. Instead of waging the unwinnable war and putting down all this red tape, how about making Hulu available to everyone, or a movie download service like the video store on the PlayStation Store available to everyone.
Old 10-07-2009   #16
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Isnt blockbuster in canada?
yeah it is, not in the town I live in but we have one close by in a different city
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #17
PCN Master
but hulu doesnt have movies on it does it? i thought it was just TV shows
Old 10-07-2009   #18
SuperStaff
Either way there is nothing wrong with supporting things like Hulu, hell even Google is trying to get support for youtube and companies like WMG wont allow it. Instead they spend MORE money trying to take all their stuff down instead of making money with youtube and letting things go.

He is right companies just dont want to allow other people to make money at all. Its stupid that they claim they are losing so much money yet the only thing they do about it is spend more money trying to stop it and accuse every single person that buys their movie or song of stealing it....
Old 10-07-2009   #19
PCN Master
i think that is why alot of companies ie Fox, NBC etc. have started putting their shows up on their site just because that will get people to go to their site to watch it and they get more traffic. but i mean obviously google is going to try to get support for youtube but it woudl be pretty cool to see all your shows on youtube and stuff