Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 12-06-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
Turn 10's arrogance, please read!

First. this is not about Forza (the game it self), i think Forza is a great game, and with a cool car customization feature, and i also think Forza 3 looks very very good for a 360 game.

So....

As you have seen lately,Turn 10 made a thread about a poll on CNet that they will give a unicon to people that will vote forza 3. If they are so confident about their game, why do they care about a stupid poll.

anyways this is not the case

so now they are trash talking at GT5 by saying "GT5 dropped the ball and Forza3 will pick it up"

please read here:

http://www.psxextreme.com/feature/421.html

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5282.html

I respect every game producer out there, but this guy "Dan Greenwalt" is getting on my nerve, he's acting like complete douchebag,

he is been blowing allot of hot air lately. It's this sort of arrogance that makes me want to stay completely away from Forza.

Alot of game makers are humble about these kinds of things. They just create amazing games, don't blow off their mouths, and just wow the **** out of people.

Dan, if your game is that good, you'll get the praise you deserve. But acting like a complete ass (making articles bashing GT), flailing your arms about how great your game is and how it's "racing game of this generation" isn't exactly going to make me want to dump $60 bucks into your coffers.

So shut the F up dude and make a good game. Enough with the hot air.

I have seen fanboys defending and bashing others, but to see a grown man and a game producer like Dan Greenawalt(producer of Forza 3) to talk that much **** and to say GT dropped the ball is beyond me and beyond any PR talk.

i know they are marketing their game, but how they do it, is totally wrong,

we don't need these kind of people in this gaming industry.

o BTW, Dan said Forza 3 runs at 1080p, well guess what, its not ture

check out this,

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/ ... /5541.html

don't go all apesht on me...

i wanna know what you guys think about this?

have a nice day.

Last edited by SamSamurai; 13-06-2009 at 03:27 PM..
SamSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #2
PCN Senior
Wow they gave that guy a job?!
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
He sounds like the typical XBOX gamer, 13 years old and spends their time trash talking on Halo 3 or anything else they can get their hands on and trying to sound older. You would think Microsoft might say at one point, you might just need to shut your mouth for once and realize, we aren't gaining anything from this except hatred and a bunch of people turned off our console, but that would require a light-bulb moment at Microsoft and we know those don't happen very often.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #4
PCN Member
PSN ID: Az1zam
Ignorant people only want things to happen their way.
Az1zam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I can't wait for GT5 to come out so we can just shove it down his freakin' throat. This just makes my blood boil. GT5 isn't even out and he is saying that. I guess its easy when its one sided. We are already hearing from developers that XBOX is "maxed out" and we are seeing what Sony 1st party is putting out. So we know where GT5 is heading. I'm counting the days.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
eh, let him talk, he obviously believes in his product but the consumers will decide in the end
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #7
PCN Member
I hope GT5 really beats Forza 3. Perhaps Turn 10 can buy a PS3 and a copy of GT5 to learn how to develop a better racing simulator.
Old 12-06-2009   #8
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
The devs have constantly been trying to one up Gran Turismo. Even at E3, they made a big deal about Forza 3 being '1080p' like Gran Turismo. It's actually upscaled 1080P, not native like GT5, which is something EVERY XBox game can do...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #9
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The devs have constantly been trying to one up Gran Turismo. Even at E3, they made a big deal about Forza 3 being '1080p' like Gran Turismo. It's actually upscaled 1080P, not native like GT5, which is something EVERY XBox game can do...

Forza 3 is not 1080p. not like that d**k head Dan Greenwalt said

look here:

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/artic...rt_3/5541.html

Old 12-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
its just funny how people can through out blatant lies and think they will get away with it and just talk BS the whole time and people buy it
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #11
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I just find it funny that the GT guys (polyphony) just sit back through it all and dont care, then bam trailer and everyone is impressed and they walk away. Come a little later the game comes out, they still dont say anything, and it becomes a hit because its so great.

The thing i want to see him bash around. Why is it Polyphony is not only the leading car game developer but they have gone on to do so many other things as well? Their renders are so realistic that car companies use them for comercials and prototypes. They invented car parts and help the actual car industry everyday. And forza does what?

I say keep your mouth SHUT completely and build your game. Let the game do the talking for you. Bashing or trying to hurt another developer through words just shows weakness.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #12
PCN Master
yeah but see they dont bash on the competition then people wouldnt get lured into thinking that that Forza is better and they would sell less. he is just trying to sell his game through bashing
Old 12-06-2009   #13
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Yeah but you have never seen Gran Turismo bash anyone and it always sells well. The fact that it will have Nascar on the cover alone gurentees a few million sales. Nascar fans will then tell their other friends which will then tell their tuner friends etc. Let Sony do the talking through marketing, and thats what polyphony does, concentrate on a good game.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #14
PCN Master
yea i think that NASCAR will be a HUGE seller for this game and they have the rally car series now to it looked like which is prettysweet
Old 12-06-2009   #15
PCN Member
I really like the thoughts of letting the game bash and not the developers. Is there a more humiliating way?
Old 12-06-2009   #16
PCN Master
i think that is why you dont hear anything from polyphony because they know that there game will smoke that of Forza series and they dont need to smack talk or bash on them cuz the game does that all by its self
Old 13-06-2009   #17
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
eh, let him talk, he obviously believes in his product but the consumers will decide in the end
Well said, good sir. Well said
Old 13-06-2009   #18
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
In the interest of representing both sides fairly here, Polyphony was rather arrogant at points as well. They once said in an interview they don't look to other games to find new trends because they think GT is the best.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009   #19
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
In the interest of representing both sides fairly here, Polyphony was rather arrogant at points as well. They once said in an interview they don't look to other games to find new trends because they think GT is the best.
yea, but they didn't bash or **** talked other companies directly.
Old 14-06-2009   #20
PCN Senior
they dont have to... their products speak loud enough!