Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: Whats your take on the video?
It's legit 4 44.44%
It's a fake 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
PS3 Slim found in the wild

News surrounding the video suggests a 120gb hard-drive, no card readers and the loss of the touch sensitive eject.

Some Observations
  1. 6-7 seconds in gives us a look at an ethernet port as well as an hdmi port, lastly we see the power plug area , the design of which suggests a power brick in my book
  2. 11 seconds in + 28 seconds in you catch a shot of the new PS3 logo that is reflecting in reaction to the angle its being held.
  3. 17-18 seconds in we can see the gleam of what appears to be the old flavored chrome accent instead of the matte silver present on current models, we also catch a glance at the PS logo we all know and love gleaming in the light
  4. 22 seconds in yields a shot of 2 usb ports

So what do you fellas think, real or really good fake? I am tossing my hat in the "real" wagon.

CRIKEY!

Last edited by SaintAvi; 13-07-2009 at 03:11 AM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Made a news article just before you posted this lol
http://www.ps3center.net/news/3355/s...otted-on-sale/
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
Ahh, mustve published it while I was grabbing the time marks, watcha think ready to trade in your original?

Last edited by SaintAvi; 13-07-2009 at 03:31 AM..
Old 13-07-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Either way, that video from what you can actually see made it look sexy. I wasnt liking the production pictures we were seeing, but seeing it like that actually made me want another ps3.
Old 13-07-2009   #5
PCN Master
I thought everyone was a bit premature in judging the first batch of pictures, there was major opposition to the new design, but I didnt think it was bad, in fact it looked pretty sleek, I like my current PS3, only thing is it turns the room into a furnace

But I see you voted that its fake Dustin, what makes you think so?
Old 13-07-2009   #6
SuperStaff
Yeah PS3 does make things really hot, my room is like a server room with my PC PS3 and enterianment going on (tv and surround sound).

As for it being fake. I think its a knock off being that its in a market for one, so he is tryin to be shady about it saying its real then runs off when its sold. Second the camera is like having a heart attack filming it...If it were me filming that id take steady shots of all of it, not shake it around non stop. However if this video is removed from youtube we know its real.
Old 13-07-2009   #7
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I'm on the fence about it being fake or not. Coming from a market in the Philippines is probably the least credible place it could come from. It looks real though but so does the fake designer purses I bought for my girlfriend at an Italian market on vacation if you see what I'm saying. Could very well be real though.

A "hmm, I can't make up my mind" option for voting would help lol.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The fact whoever was wielding that camera was probably the worst cameraman in the world and they used such a low quality camera makes me say it's fake, surely a better camera was available so what are they trying to hide with the low quality. Well that and as Jordan mentioned, it's not like the Philippines is actually a country that's the average citizen is going to be able to afford a real machine so they would be a market for PS3 knockoffs, although a knockoff probably wouldn't play PS3 games, maybe PS1 or PS2 games.

On that note though, if that was a glimpse into the final design, I wouldn't give my PS3 up, since I've got the last model to support PS2 games at this time and I prefer the design of the original, similar to my preference of my original PS2 model.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 13-07-2009 at 10:55 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i woudl think it is real and i was reading somewhere else that they were available in the Philippines but they were speculating that and they didnt know when they were coming here.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
Im still unmoved and believe its real, knockoffs are all about making a quick buck and the detail here looks undeniably authentic
Old 13-07-2009   #11
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
the ps3 looks hot, i voted for real but the only thing is why would they be selling it at a market in the phillipines

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #12
PCN Master
Well for an example here's a knockoff of the PlayStation 3 and while it doesn't look near as authentic as the one in the video (for that matter, it's also 1/3 of the size), it's the same idea, some people will pay good money for a good looking knockoff or just a knockoff, so they can say, hey, I own a PlayStation 3 to all their friends or it's optimism for the future. I mean come on, the Phillipines gets one before anywhere else in the world, including websites, that just doesn't make sense.

EDIT: I know, it's not perfect but you get the idea, you should see some of the original PlayStation knockoffs, they look pretty much identical to real ones.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 13-07-2009 at 09:47 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #13
SuperStaff
I always dream of getting my PS3 in a plastic sealed case hanging on a hook lol. Thats also why i dont believe it. how did this random guy, that cant record to save his life, get it before all these sites that are trying to say its true? Even IGN hasnt gotten their hands on it.

Gametrailers is saying its true though, so maybe the bigger sites did get it and are under an embargo of secrecy....
Old 13-07-2009   #14
PCN Master
That doesnt look remotely authentic.
Not to mention they named it a PZ3 which helps them put themselves at a legal distance,
The one above has a "PS3" etched into it which would put them in the sights of Sony's legal team.

As far as the Philippines go, I think it isnt far fetched, I'd say itd be easier for one to slip past over there than over here.
Old 13-07-2009   #15
SuperStaff
If the laws there are anythin like the laws here in the states, your not aloud to trademark or copyright a name of a product. So you could technicly get away with calling something PlayStation as its legal, but the fact that sony is big would only get you in trouble. They can copyright the logo though, and it has a PSX logo on the front so that could get them in trouble.
Old 14-07-2009   #16
PCN Master
I think getting the attention of Sony is the last thing a knockoff company wants.

The nuances of the design in the video though still make me believe its the real deal, the input and output ports seal the deal
Old 14-07-2009   #17
PCN Master
And what's Sony going to do, most of these knockoff companies operate in countries where the law isn't exactly high priority and by the time they get anywhere, the knockoff makers will have just closed up shop and moved elsewhere. Here's another knockoff although this one looks much closer to the original PlayStation 3, well besides the large Sonilex name and here's one that's a knockoff of the redesigned PS1.

Old 14-07-2009   #18
SuperStaff
My question is do these knock off consoles have knockoff games? Do they play the actual games? Or is it like "haha you bought it!" now im gone! ?

If i got stuck with one id be calling up sony and be like "hey i got this crap from this place by this guy, what do i do" then theyd look into it.
Old 14-07-2009   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
and they would probably just say well there is nothing that we can do about it since it is not our system but you are more than likely to buy the real system
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009   #20
PCN Master

Matches up to the original leak to