Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 25-08-2009   #1
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Socom 1.5 Update

It came out yesterday and is clocking in at 570mb. Im downloading it now, of course slowest downloads ever makes it take over an hour so far...

Anyone else jumping back into the game hoping this update fixes the dang problems?
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well the PlayStation Network is supposed to be under maintenance currently or is just finishing so it might explain the extremely poor downloading speed. That being said, I been waiting for this update to see if it's finally worth buying the darn game, I got too many people who already own it bugging me about it so if it finally gets it working I probably jump for it if it's $20 used, I refuse to buy a new copy to support such ****py development.
Old 25-08-2009   #3
SuperStaff
Will be sure to let you know if it helps at all. I stopped playing it for months, didnt sell it because of hopes this update would fix it. I forgot about the maintance, luckily it didnt sign me out until after the update started.

PS3 gets so hot lol, its blowing on me right now and its like a mini heater.
Old 25-08-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I was thinking about buying it, depends on whats in the update
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
is maintnece over already or no

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009   #6
SuperStaff
No maintance is still on-going. The site says the network is "On" but its still not working right. Thats what im being told at least, i cant check myself because the update still has like 20 minutes...
Old 25-08-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
is maintnece over already or no
no clue, I went on my PS3 about 3 hours ago when I tried to sign in, but I was gonna watch a dvd so it doesn't matter if I'm just gonna watch a dvd anyways, but I didn't think of trying to sign in after that, so I'm no help
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
No maintance is still on-going. The site says the network is "On" but its still not working right. Thats what im being told at least, i cant check myself because the update still has like 20 minutes...
*sighs

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009   #9
PCN Master
Well I took at a look at the SOCOM.com forums and it seems everyone there is pretty happy with the patch, no major problems are being reported (well besides glitch spots actually killing people now to prevent glitching) and the only thing people are really mad about is that it took almost a year to get to this point. Looks like I might finally have to bite and get this game, although it's a little late since my summer vacation is almost over, I moving in just over a week and my college residence has a rule where you're not allowed to hook up anything to a supplied T.V without approval (and since you're not allowed to add anything furniture wise to the room, a T.V is even considered furniture) so I have to wait probably about a month before my console is coming up to college.

My PlayStation 3 though hasn't been that bad lately, although I did recently clean the dust out of it with the vacuum cleaner. Also recently my friends list is working, I have full access to the PlayStation Network, including the PlayStation Store and it seems stable. Haven't tried any online games yet though.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 25-08-2009 at 05:43 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009   #10
SuperStaff
I feel the same way, spent all summer with no good quality games (beat infamous the week it came out) and now this comes out and its time to start class again...

edit: Im in the network is working again. Quick Game wouldnt work, kept givin me an error. Jumping into custom match worked fine, got into one without a problem. Im just waiting for my spawn now. HOWEVER it did sate" there was an error, game stats may no be recorded during match"

edit 2 : To be honest. The game still feels clunky to me. Its super hard to aim and ive yet to figure it out. I keep randomly dying and if your new to the game its not very accepting to you, community wise. For some reason the talking HAS to come out of my speakers. I set it to come out of the mic and not the speakers and its continues to do it, very annoying.

I stopped playing for now, hoping ill figure it out later. I keep dying and it seems almost impossible to shoot anyone, especially if they get an edge by coming up behind you. Why is the game fast paced like that? Running around shooting? Accuracy is lame. etc...

Last edited by Dustin S.; 25-08-2009 at 06:37 PM..
Old 26-08-2009   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
im playing it now it is pretyt solid except that your stuff all got reset and to switch sides you need to open ur friends list the close it pretty retarded
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009   #12
SuperStaff
help me understand why i cant friggin aim worth crap lol. I slowed down the movement and everything and nothing works. I take shots at the guy he turns around and starts running then owns me in two shots.
Old 26-08-2009   #13
PCN Master
I'm guessing the lag problems still exist then, or there is some secret formula to killing in SOCOM if that is happening (or maybe a special button combo), now the debate continues though because although this game is finally "fixed" I only have $20 to spend and PixelJunk Eden is really burning for a purchase so I either jump for this game or bite for a $20 PSN card, buy Eden and maybe the Metal Gear Solid 4 DLC for LittleBigPlanet.
Old 26-08-2009   #14
PCN Master
i woudl go with the Pixeljunk Eden and MGS LBP DLC because this game still isnt what i thought it would be and just wait for Socom 4 which supposedly is going to be made by both Zipper and /6 but will have like 20 maps or so and should be epic like what we thought this game was going to be at least from what i have heard.

and Dustin did you which your look sensitivity before the patch? cuz it probably got reset to default like everything else so you may have to change it back to get the quicker look that you are talking about but as far as killing people it seems to be the same if not easier to me
Old 26-08-2009   #15
SuperStaff
No i never touched it before. Before i was capable of working with a team and shooting people. Now i cant, its seems more fast paced and i dont know why. I was hopin this would hold me over till MAG but idk, i kinda miss the non update Socom.
Old 27-08-2009   #16
PCN Master
yeah idk what to tell you then but it seems to be working fine for me
Old 27-08-2009   #17
SuperStaff
In the meantime someone gave me LBP so im gonna get that Metal Gear content haha.
Old 27-08-2009   #18
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
What I don't understand is how a game which is one dimensional (online only) and have so many bugs. I got it when it came out (mostly for the bluetooth headset) and was really disappointed. Didn't Zipper develop this game?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009   #19
PCN Master
Oh no, a developer called Slant Six Games (located in Vancouver, Canada) took care of this **** hole, Zipper had nothing to do with this game. Those guys are a disgrace to the Canadian video game industry and the video game industry in general, also although I haven't found anything on it, so consider it a rumor, apparently Slant Six has lost their contract to make SOCOM games so after their next PSP title they are finished.
Old 27-08-2009   #20
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Sorry I was confused, it was Slant Six. The only reason I bring this up is because of MAG. How many SOCOM titles did Slant Six develop?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote