Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form
 



Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > PC Gaming
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-11-2009   #1
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
We Have Come A Long Way

Over the years, several different storage methods have come and gone, but in a recent Gizmodo article, they managed to dig up a graphic that shows how storage has evolved over the years, the best part being the difference between floppies and current 2GB hard drives, one 2GB hard drive is equivalent to 1,422,222 individual floppies and costs far less than that many floppies would as well. Amazing to think we done this much in the space of 10-20 years.

Note this image is modified from the original posted by Gizmodo to fix some inaccuracies in the original photo, mainly the wrong color being used on the USB Flash Drive and Blu-Ray discs and no 100MB color existing for use on the CD section.
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 09-12-2009 at 03:46 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #2
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Only problem is ipod wasnt first...but whatever ill give it to them...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #3
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Only problem is ipod wasnt first...but whatever ill give it to them...
Ipods are the face of mp3 players and the most mainstream. It makes more sense to use something more recognizable. That and it pretty much jump started the popularity of mp3 players.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #4
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Its just my hate for Apple, but i reconize MP3 player more than I reconize Ipod as a thing. I always correct people when they call my zune or another mp3 player an ipod. Sony is the first to make it mainstream if im not mistaken, Apple was just the first ones to brainwash the hell out of consumers with iPod.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #5
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Its just my hate for Apple, but i reconize MP3 player more than I reconize Ipod as a thing. I always correct people when they call my zune or another mp3 player an ipod. Sony is the first to make it mainstream if im not mistaken, Apple was just the first ones to brainwash the hell out of consumers with iPod.
They create products that others enjoy but because you don't you hate them? Wow. And Brainwash consumers? I'd like to know where you came to that conclusion. Apple definitely brought it to the mainstream. Most people including myself knew what an Ipod was before they even knew what an mp3 player was. Sony brought mp3 disc players to the mainstream if I remember correctly. Yay?

This forum is starting to irritate me. Too many people complain about nothing, hate other companies for retarded reasons, have literally the dumbest sony fanboy comments and the list goes on.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #6
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Why are you looking at MY opinion negatively? Been noticing you do it to alot of people...Just because you disagree with an opinion doesnt mean your right and everyone else is wrong.

Where did i say i hate apple just because i hate the ipod? If you read other topics you see i have tons of reasons why i dislike them. I dont like their business, their prodcuts, or their scams.

Just because you know about it doesnt mean it was the first to hit mainstream. In fact thats the PERFECT example of "brainwashing the hell out of consumers" like I said. Apple never did anything mind blowing, never did anything out of this world, but their really good at marketing. I absolutely gurentee they dont market the Ipod the way they did early on, not a single person here would care. In fact I have plenty of friends that remember owning a "MP3 Player" not an Ipod years ago, then iPod hit mainstream and everyone started using that. I give Apple credit for jump starting the MP3 market and making it a viable industry, but other than that i couldnt care less. The only reason they got so far away from everyone is because no one else cared till now. Sony, Phillips, Microsoft, they all had other industries and other products to work with.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #7
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Why are you looking at MY opinion negatively? Been noticing you do it to alot of people...Just because you disagree with an opinion doesnt mean your right and everyone else is wrong.
For a "writer" for PSC I would expect you to have proper grammar. On topic, I see the negativity when people spew BS from their mouths.

Quote:

Where did i say i hate apple just because i hate the ipod? If you read other topics you see i have tons of reasons why i dislike them. I dont like their business, their prodcuts, or their scams.
I never said you said that. Your reasons are ridiculous. You don't see the value in owning Apple products? That's cool but let other people enjoy their stuff and hold off on all the hate. Seriously, hating a company for such miniscule reasons is pathetic. You should hate a company because of their morale standings not because you're so sensitive.

Quote:

Just because you know about it doesnt mean it was the first to hit mainstream. In fact thats the PERFECT example of "brainwashing the hell out of consumers" like I said. Apple never did anything mind blowing, never did anything out of this world, but their really good at marketing. I absolutely gurentee they dont market the Ipod the way they did early on, not a single person here would care. In fact I have plenty of friends that remember owning a "MP3 Player" not an Ipod years ago, then iPod hit mainstream and everyone started using that. I give Apple credit for jump starting the MP3 market and making it a viable industry, but other than that i couldnt care less. The only reason they got so far away from everyone is because no one else cared till now. Sony, Phillips, Microsoft, they all had other industries and other products to work with.
I disagree. I believe it was the first mainstream MP3 player as it still is today. You even said it jump started the market.The zune is probably it's biggest rival and it's a joke. Marketing is the the largest component in a successful business. You say they've never done anything mind blowing yet you agree they're great at marketing... I agree they are great at marketing. They're probably one of the best companies in the world at marketing. Besides their marketing they also make great products.

Again your poor grammar skills amaze me. Even your spelling is bad.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #8
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Despite my distaste of Apple, they definitely were the first ones to bring a portable MP3 player to the mainstream market, sure there were a few before it, but none offered the simplicity or capacity the original iPod's had and no company actually had the marketing to back up their products till the iPod.

Further continuing that is although I am a Zune owner, you have to admit they have had terrible marketing and poor business decisions behind them, I mean the Zune HD isn't available anywhere except the U.S right now, so they had all this hype for a good product and blew it by giving a flying **** you to the rest of the world and after trying out an iPod Touch recently I am seriously considering my next portable player to be an iPod Touch, I mean it does the same job, is available to anyone and sure has some good third party support.
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #9
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Quote:
I never said you said that. Your reasons are ridiculous. You don't see the value in owning Apple products? That's cool but let other people enjoy their stuff and hold off on all the hate. Seriously, hating a company for such miniscule reasons is pathetic. You should hate a company because of their morale standings not because you're so sensitive.
Why is my opinion stopping anyone from enjoying their products? I dont like Wii but people still play it and talk to me about it. Its an opinion, i dont like apple, im not afraid to say i dont like apple, thats all there is to it. Morale just makes me dislike Apple even more. There has never been a company so anti supportive of their own warrenties, what other company has over priced hardware (let alone a monopoly of their computers) because they dont want to open up to other sources, what other company does a very slight update to a product and leaves the other ones behind? MS doesnt even do that, Zune HD is out, but the original 30 GB Zune owners still get updates and service.

Quote:
The zune is probably it's biggest rival and it's a joke. Marketing is the the largest component in a successful business. You say they've never done anything mind blowing yet you agree they're great at marketing... I agree they are great at marketing. They're probably one of the best companies in the world at marketing. Besides their marketing they also make great products.

Again your poor grammar skills amaze me. Even your spelling is bad.
See there, you dont like Microsoft. Should I blow up in your face and call you out because your opinion is making it completely impossible for me to enjoy my Zune? No I couldnt care less, Zune is the better product by miles in my eyes (coming from a person that has owned and used both) so why should it bug me?

Sure Apple is good at marketing...but so is Google, Microsoft in computers and video games, Sony with electronics, cable companies, and car companies. Marketing isn't mind blowing to me. Let alone they slipper majorly. I cant remember the last time I saw an apple commercial that wasn't advertising Windows.

Lastly its a forum, full of opinions and discussions. Like I said just because someone disagrees doesn't make you the god of opinons. Its a forum I coudn't care less about my grammar here, you understand what im saying thats good enough.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #10
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Despite my distaste of Apple, they definitely were the first ones to bring a portable MP3 player to the mainstream market, sure there were a few before it, but none offered the simplicity or capacity the original iPod's had and no company actually had the marketing to back up their products till the iPod.

+1

I'm not the only one that thinks this. Dustin, I'd like to see you try to dispute this more. I anticipate it'll be amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Why is my opinion stopping anyone from enjoying their products? I dont like Wii but people still play it and talk to me about it. Its an opinion, i dont like apple, im not afraid to say i dont like apple, thats all there is to it. Morale just makes me dislike Apple even more. There has never been a company so anti supportive of their own warrenties, what other company has over priced hardware (let alone a monopoly of their computers) because they dont want to open up to other sources, what other company does a very slight update to a product and leaves the other ones behind? MS doesnt even do that, Zune HD is out, but the original 30 GB Zune owners still get updates and service.
Saying their products are over priced is subjective. I see the value in my apple products just as you see value in your MS products.

Quote:


See there, you dont like Microsoft. Should I blow up in your face and call you out because your opinion is making it completely impossible for me to enjoy my Zune? No I couldnt care less, Zune is the better product by miles in my eyes (coming from a person that has owned and used both) so why should it bug me?
When did I say I don't like Microsoft? You're pretty quick to assume and it makes you look pretty ignorant. Microsoft is a great company that makes some great products. I don't let my usage of apple products blind me from seeing the value in Microsoft. The difference is I don't hate companies because I have higher priorities. Oh, and the zune is better by miles? That's laughable. To each their own but really? If anything it would be on par. Even then I think that would be a bold statement.

Quote:

Sure Apple is good at marketing...but so is Google, Microsoft in computers and video games, Sony with electronics, cable companies, and car companies. Marketing isn't mind blowing to me. Let alone they slipper majorly. I cant remember the last time I saw an apple commercial that wasn't advertising Windows.
Marketing is a beautiful thing which takes a lot of skill. They're masters of marketing. Advertising windows? They're anti advertising and the advertisements are effective.


Quote:

Lastly its a forum, full of opinions and discussions. Like I said just because someone disagrees doesn't make you the god of opinons. Its a forum I coudn't care less about my grammar here, you understand what im saying thats good enough.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I shared my opinion and it differs from yours. Is that okay with you? It's just sad to see someone who calls themselves a writer be so carless of how their "skills" come off to others. Though some of the writing is pretty poor here. I saw multiple grammar errors and three spelling mistakes in an article by one of the writers here. I pointed it out and my comment was deleted. How mature.

Last edited by Jordan; 30-11-2009 at 04:10 PM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
1 couldnt care less and my point still stands, it wasn't the first mp3 player.
2 Alright if you enjoy paying 1000 to 1500 for a computer the same as a 800 dollar PC just to get the OS, by all means do it. Im not stopping you.
3
Quote:
When did I say I don't like Microsoft?
your exact words

Quote:
The zune is probably it's biggest rival and it's a joke.
Since me disliking ipods means i hate apple right off the back and all...Then all the people that get turned on by just messing with my Zune and end up buying it instead of an ipod without me saying a word...that says nothing i guess.

4 Dont know about you, but if i didnt know alot about apple or MS and i saw those commercials I would end up looking up BOTH. Compared to the PC commercials where Id only look up that specific company. and i see this happen everyday.

5 I dont accept the disrespect but whatever. Its a forum like I said, im not writing for anybody but to voice my opinion. All I said was stop calling out others opinions like mine, i see you do it alot and you finally did it to me. And I havent written anything here in the form of news the past week so that has nothing to do with my discussion here. Maybe next time message the guy since he is human and can respond to that, instead of blatantly trying to disrespect him and the site in the public and it wont be deleted...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #12
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
1 couldnt care less and my point still stands, it wasn't the first mp3 player.
Show me an image of an mp3 player that would work better in that diagram and you win the argument. The ipod is Iconic and that's why they used it.
Quote:
2 Alright if you enjoy paying 1000 to 1500 for a computer the same as a 800 dollar PC just to get the OS, by all means do it. Im not stopping you.
It's not just the Os. The included software sure is nice. My mac serves me best because I'm an amateur audio engineer. A hobby that is best suited for mac. My sequencer of choice is Logic pro 8, a mac exclusive peace of software. Some recording hardware is even mac exclusive. The ease of use for recording that the mac has provides is definitely worth the extra money.
Quote:

3. your exact words
Zune isn't the only MS product is it? I think the zune is a joke. A product by MS. The zune is not Microsoft. LOL. Did I clear that up for you?

Quote:
4 Dont know about you, but if i didnt know alot about apple or MS and i saw those commercials I would end up looking up BOTH. Compared to the PC commercials where Id only look up that specific company. and i see this happen everyday.
Maybe you'd do this but the ad's are very effective. Bad mouthing your opponent is a great marketing tool. Apple does it cleverly. I think the ad's are hilarious and so do my PC using friends. Why would someone look up both? Chances are they own a PC. /facepalm
Quote:
5 I dont accept the disrespect but whatever. Its a forum like I said, im not writing for anybody but to voice my opinion. All I said was stop calling out others opinions like mine, i see you do it alot and you finally did it to me. And I havent written anything here in the form of news the past week so that has nothing to do with my discussion here. Maybe next time message the guy since he is human and can respond to that, instead of blatantly trying to disrespect him and the site in the public and it wont be deleted...
I have already done it to you. It was when you stole my joke in the same thread. All I'm saying is that the writing on this site is pretty bad. Didn't you used to write for a site before they got big? Once they did they didn't want you?

Last edited by Jordan; 30-11-2009 at 11:27 PM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009   #13
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Quote:
Show me an image of an mp3 player that would work better in that diagram and you win the argument. The ipod is Iconic and that's why they used it.
Read my comments...all i said is it should be MP3 Players not Ipod. Ipod doesn't represent ALL MP3 players, it just represents Ipods. Its like saying there was nothing else on the market but Ipods and its false.

Quote:
It's not just the Os. The included software sure is nice. My mac serves me best because I'm an amateur audio engineer. A hobby that is best suited for mac. My sequencer of choice is Logic pro 8, a mac exclusive peace of software. Some recording hardware is even mac exclusive. The ease of use for recording that the mac has provides is definitely worth the extra money.
Again im not stopping you, you dont need to explain. Im a film student and still prefer PC. So does all the studios i've visited recently.

Quote:
Maybe you'd do this but the ad's are very effective. Bad mouthing your opponent is a great marketing tool. Apple does it cleverly. I think the ad's are hilarious and so do my PC using friends. Why would someone look up both? Chances are they own a PC. /facepalm
They can be, but there are more effective ways to doing it. Sony makes fun of themselves and according to the numbers its working. Im not saying I don't enjoy them, I enjoy them for other reasons, just like i enjoy the Verizon/sprint commercials.

And just because I own a PC means I cant check out new PC computers? I cant check out Apple? If I wasnt an IT person and had a computer from a few years ago that needs an upgrade id look into both after that. Its common sense.

Quote:
I have already done it to you. It was when you stole my joke in the same thread. All I'm saying is that the writing on this site is pretty bad. Didn't you used to write for a site before they got big? Once they did they didn't want you?
I got back to you on that thread too, even though its not your joke. Its like saying "why the chicken crossed the road" jokes are yours just because you post it first. Lastly no I'm working on other things, two features went up over the weekend with my name on it. I know who your refering to and it has been dealt with.

To end this im not "hating" you and im not trying to make you mad. Im just saying cool it with the straight up attacking others because of their opinion. I don't like Apple, end of story. I dont work for Apple or Microsoft so im done advertising for them. I only have a job supporting Sony, yet I don't bash the 360.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #14
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Read my comments...all i said is it should be MP3 Players not Ipod. Ipod doesn't represent ALL MP3 players, it just represents Ipods. Its like saying there was nothing else on the market but Ipods and its false.
That's not true at all. They needed a form of visual representation and you got sensitive because of your hate for a company.
Quote:
Again im not stopping you, you dont need to explain. Im a film student and still prefer PC. So does all the studios i've visited recently.
I was explaining why It had value. You said they're over priced. I said they're not.

Quote:
They can be, but there are more effective ways to doing it. Sony makes fun of themselves and according to the numbers its working. Im not saying I don't enjoy them, I enjoy them for other reasons, just like i enjoy the Verizon/sprint commercials.

And just because I own a PC means I cant check out new PC computers? I cant check out Apple? If I wasnt an IT person and had a computer from a few years ago that needs an upgrade id look into both after that. Its common sense.
That would only make sense if they were de-advertising a specific product. They're making fun of PC as a whole. They're not giving product awareness one bit to PC as you said earlier. Everyone knows of PC. This shouldn't be too hard to grasp.

Quote:
I got back to you on that thread too, even though its not your joke. Its like saying "why the chicken crossed the road" jokes are yours just because you post it first. Lastly no I'm working on other things, two features went up over the weekend with my name on it. I know who your refering to and it has been dealt with.
You stole my joke. I even showed it to one of my friends and he thought it was hilarious that you did that. I don't care though. Do you really not see the similarities? And what? I was talking about PSU. I guess they didn't want you or something.

Quote:
To end this im not "hating" you and im not trying to make you mad. Im just saying cool it with the straight up attacking others because of their opinion. I don't like Apple, end of story. I dont work for Apple or Microsoft so im done advertising for them. I only have a job supporting Sony, yet I don't bash the 360.
I'd like to know where I attack other people opinions. If anything I think I'm the most laid back on this site. I share my opinion when it differs from others. I'm not allowed to do this? Sounds hypocritical.

Last edited by Jordan; 01-12-2009 at 12:29 AM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #15
Staff
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 620
PSN ID: Nikhil
I can remember one or two mp3 players in my school before the ipod, but I don't think most people really knew what they were. I think what apple managed to do was make the mp3 player more accessible to a broad market. They weren't the first by any means, but I'd argue that they were the first to do it well. The mp3 player didn't catch on, the ipod did.

Apple was really quite clever in using the ipod as a platform to re-shape their whole brand image. I don't think anyone thought that an mp3 player would be what got them back into the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
They create products that others enjoy but because you don't you hate them? Wow. And Brainwash consumers? I'd like to know where you came to that conclusion. Apple definitely brought it to the mainstream. Most people including myself knew what an Ipod was before they even knew what an mp3 player was. Sony brought mp3 disc players to the mainstream if I remember correctly. Yay?

This forum is starting to irritate me. Too many people complain about nothing, hate other companies for retarded reasons, have literally the dumbest sony fanboy comments and the list goes on.
Jordan, you have the right to your opinion, but so does everyone else. Comments like this really don't help matters. There's a way to disagree respectfully, but this isn't it. Tone is important, try to be more conversational rather than aggressive.

Last edited by Nikhil; 04-12-2009 at 02:05 PM..
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #16
PCN Master
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trenton, On
Posts: 1,805
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I think I can remember a few as well but none were nearly as big as the Ipod, pretty mucj like what Nikhil said
honestly, I just use my PSP for pretty much all media, sure it can't watch as much kinds of video as the Ipod or hold as much content as the Ipod, unless u want to use like a ton of memory sticks, but I like the videos that u get off the Playstation Store even if they are just trailers and I like some of the games on the PSP, and I like PS1 classics on the PSP.
I was thinking about breaking down and getting an Ipod, but haven't gotten around to it, they are simpler I will admit, it would be great to watch movies when u are in the car
__________________
Go Montreal Canadiens
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009   #17
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
I can remember one or two mp3 players in my school before the ipod, but I don't think most people really knew what they were. I think what apple managed to do was make the mp3 player more accessible to a broad market. They weren't the first by any means, but I'd argue that they were the first to do it well. The mp3 player didn't catch on, the ipod did.

Apple was really quite clever in using the ipod as a platform to re-shape their whole brand image. I don't think anyone thought that an mp3 player would be what got them back into the game.



Jordan, you have the right to your opinion, but so does everyone else. Comments like this really don't help matters. There's a way to disagree respectfully, but this isn't it. Tone is important, try to be more conversational rather than aggressive.
Well I disagree that I was aggressive, just very opinionated. I think people should share their opinions and if they come off as ignorant, which I feel Dustin was, they should be disputed. This way the forum wont consist of mindless drones that just agree with everything. I mean, Ipods are the best visual representation of Mp3 players but Dustins "hate" for Apple led to what I believe to be an ignorant/irrelevant comment. Based on your comment you seem to disagree with Dustin's Side of the argument. He's a swell guy that I'm sure is often right but a lot people would disagree with him in this particular instance but no one has the balls to do it.

I just believe forums should be more of a discussion rather than "yes, I agree, true." Part of a discussion is to have differing views. Something which I feel this site often lacks. If that's not something you guys are going for then that's cool I guess.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #18
Staff
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 620
PSN ID: Nikhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Well I disagree that I was aggressive, just very opinionated. I think people should share their opinions and if they come off as ignorant, which I feel Dustin was, they should be disputed. This way the forum wont consist of mindless drones that just agree with everything. I mean, Ipods are the best visual representation of Mp3 players but Dustins "hate" for Apple led to what I believe to be an ignorant/irrelevant comment. Based on your comment you seem to disagree with Dustin's Side of the argument. He's a swell guy that I'm sure is often right but a lot people would disagree with him in this particular instance but no one has the balls to do it.

I just believe forums should be more of a discussion rather than "yes, I agree, true." Part of a discussion is to have differing views. Something which I feel this site often lacks. If that's not something you guys are going for then that's cool I guess.
Discussion is good, there was nothing wrong with this post. It's perfectly fine to disagree with Dustin (whenever his ****ty pc breaks I tell him to get a mac lol), but the way in which you do it makes a lot of difference. Like I said earlier, tone is important, and your indirect insults in the 2nd paragraph of the post I quoted earlier were especially uncalled for.
Nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #19
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Quote:
whenever his ****ty pc breaks I tell him to get a mac lol
Harddrives are harddrives, with what i do its bound to happen sooner or later lol. Not only that but when you nag on PC your nagging on 10 differnt known companies. HP is a really frigging awesome company, i love their products and will never use anything else. Even Mike and some of my apple fanboy friends admited that. Meanwhile I say i dont like Mac...I dont like Mac, there are no other options, its just Apple. You have to realize I have owned a Mac before, I use Mac everyday at school (because they have nothing else) and I got people like Nikhil nagging me about Mac everyday. If i was just being a fanboy and hating it just to hate it, i would of switched by now. So its obviously something more than just straight up "he is a PC fanboy" person.

Quote:
I mean, Ipods are the best visual representation of Mp3 players but Dustins "hate" for Apple led to what I believe to be an ignorant/irrelevant comment.
I dont mind you getting on me like that, I kinda enjoyed it, but just one correction all I said was "Ipods were not first" and right after that "but ill give it to them" thats all I said lol. And there is the truth, as stated by two other people above that mention there were indeed MP3 players on the market before Ipod.

Think about it this way, Apple was a sinking ship, they were done, no hope left. They had just enough to do one last thing and one last attempt to save themselves, the MP3 market came and thats where they went. If they were to eff up the Ipod they are history right now. Thats why Ipod is more mainstream, thats why i give them credit for certain things. Apple was, and other than Zune, still is the only major marketing device in the MP3 market.

Quote:
You stole my joke. I even showed it to one of my friends and he thought it was hilarious that you did that. I don't care though. Do you really not see the similarities? And what? I was talking about PSU. I guess they didn't want you or something.
TBH, and your not gonna believe but i dont care, I didnt even read the thread until you got on me with the joke. I can say im sorry for "stealing your joke" but who honestly cares.

As for PSU, no I left them because I came across Mike in the early stages of PS3Center and I started working here while I was going no where with PSU. I saw a bigger opportunity here, and Mike is probably one of the coolest guys I ever talked to, so I spent all my time working and making PS3Center a better place, which lead to me leaving PSU. Since Ive been with PS3Center, we brought the site from just Blu ray reviews and a 500k something rank to a really good PlayStation site with a 40-50k rank, I say thats not bad, and we are still growing. I still talk to some of the guys at PSU, but a majority of them left for odd reasons so I guess its a good thing I jumped that ship.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #20
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
Discussion is good, there was nothing wrong with this post. It's perfectly fine to disagree with Dustin (whenever his ****ty pc breaks I tell him to get a mac lol), but the way in which you do it makes a lot of difference. Like I said earlier, tone is important, and your indirect insults in the 2nd paragraph of the post I quoted earlier were especially uncalled for.
I see what you were saying but it was said out of frustration with this forum but I still agree with what I said. I see it as harsh constructive criticism. When someone says something fanboyish it makes them look stupid. Like all these members saying "Halo sucks." I haven't played much Halo but if I did enough to decipher whether or not I liked it I would say either I liked it or not and not "it sucks." People just hate it because it's a MS exclusive. Replace Halo with Apple, Valve, Activision, etc. and you see where I'm going with this. People should realize different products/games are suited differently to different people. I can see why what I said may have been a bit insensitive to other members but if they really see what I'm saying this forum can be better, and smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post

I dont mind you getting on me like that, I kinda enjoyed it, but just one correction all I said was "Ipods were not first" and right after that "but ill give it to them" thats all I said lol.
You were implying it was a poor choice for them to use Ipod's as their visual representation. That's all you said initially and it grew to more things we disagreed with each other about. And ya, Who doesn't enjoy a good cyber fight? I know I do both as a participant and a spectator lol.

And the joke, I don't care. It was just a good tactic to bring it into the argument. I think you can agree from my point of view it was a bit fishy though.

Last edited by Jordan; 05-12-2009 at 11:17 AM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios